Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Conscience
aisukurimu911
My friend is 13 and she is pregnate and she is keeping the baby. My OTHER from is only 12 sweatdrop and she is getting an abortion....that is reasonable...teenage sluts should get an abortion...but yet I think thay they should keep it and learn their lesson

I don't like to call women who have an abortion sluts sweatdrop

!!NO!! Not at all!!! I was just calling the 12 year old a slut...that is her 2nd time being pregnate...there is no Xcuse for that stare
My Conscience

I'll repost my arguement:

LAW:
United States Consitution; The 14th Amendent
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
  • My opening statement to this Amendment is that I believe it protects zygotes/fetus by guaranteeing every person the right to life.
  • Here is my lingustic anaylsis:
  • "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." - This just states that all people who have a naturalization card or were born on United States soil are citizens of this country and have to abide by the laws.
  • " No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States..." - no state can make or enforce any laws that go against any citizens civil liberties.
  • "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;" - hence how they used citizen throught the amendment but used person instead in this section. Every person on United States soil, whether citizen or not, has the right to life and due process. This is the part that protects illegal aliens from being killed on U.S. soil and makes it illegal.
  • "nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." - every person, including non-citizens, are guaranteed equal protection of the laws with due process.

And once again, none of those statements are in reference to those who have not been born yet. They reference only those who have been born, in either this country or another, but have proven their knowledge of how this country runs.
[I am teh Haruka]
aisukurimu911
My friend is 13 and she is pregnate and she is keeping the baby. My OTHER from is only 12 sweatdrop and she is getting an abortion....that is reasonable...teenage sluts should get an abortion...but yet I think thay they should keep it and learn their lesson

Wow. So I sleep with the same guy for a few years and get pregnant. I'm a slut now?

You're saying that women should be forced through pregnancy and be forced to keep it as a form of punishment? You're saying that children should be punishments now? Great.

The 12 year old....her second time being pregnate..I was calling HER a slut...
aisukurimu911

How incredibly ******** stupid. "I think that we should make children a punishment for 'stupid sluts' who can't keep their legs closed- and are 12 years old to boot! They'll definitely make great mothers." rolleyes
Ugg....I think I'll just leave I am not getting my point across the way I mean it to. stressed
aisukurimu911
[I am teh Haruka]
aisukurimu911

Wow. So I sleep with the same guy for a few years and get pregnant. I'm a slut now?

You're saying that women should be forced through pregnancy and be forced to keep it as a form of punishment? You're saying that children should be punishments now? Great.

The 12 year old....her second time being pregnate..I was calling HER a slut...

Doesn't matter who you're calling a slut.

If a woman gets pregnant more than two times, she's a slut?

Well, then. My mother is a slut I guess.
caela_rue
My Conscience

I'll repost my arguement:

LAW:
United States Consitution; The 14th Amendent
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
  • My opening statement to this Amendment is that I believe it protects zygotes/fetus by guaranteeing every person the right to life.
  • Here is my lingustic anaylsis:
  • "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." - This just states that all people who have a naturalization card or were born on United States soil are citizens of this country and have to abide by the laws.
  • " No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States..." - no state can make or enforce any laws that go against any citizens civil liberties.
  • "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;" - hence how they used citizen throught the amendment but used person instead in this section. Every person on United States soil, whether citizen or not, has the right to life and due process. This is the part that protects illegal aliens from being killed on U.S. soil and makes it illegal.
  • "nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." - every person, including non-citizens, are guaranteed equal protection of the laws with due process.

And once again, none of those statements are in reference to those who have not been born yet. They reference only those who have been born, in either this country or another, but have proven their knowledge of how this country runs.

Most pro-choicers say that the amendment protains only to those who are born. Being born has nothing to do with recieving protection under the law. Born only is accountable in the section where if you were born in the U.S. you are a citizen. That is it. People then start applying being born to other parts were it does not apply.
Aren't laws supposed to help people and make society a better place?

Why should one person's beliefs dictate another person's beliefs?

Against abortion? Don't get one. It's that simple.

EDIT: Natas Ferret - That's not what I meant, and you know it.
My Conscience

Most pro-choicers say that the amendment protains only to those who are born.

That might be because the amendment states in plain English that one must be born before becoming subject to the protection of the law.

Quote:
Being born has nothing to do with recieving protection under the law.

Find me the part of the Constitution that states plainly-without room for interpretation-that fetii are considered people, and are bestowed the same rights and privileges as born people.

A fetus is not considered a legal person, nor is it considered a citizen. If it were, it would be issued a Social Security number upon its conception, and would be counted on the census.

Quote:
Born only is accountable in the section where if you were born in the U.S. you are a citizen. That is it. People then start applying being born to other parts were it does not apply.

The thing of it is, you can't have any rights unless you have been born. Doesn't matter which country you were born in; you still need to be born first before any kind of rights are established.
Stormeh
And there are many reasons to why a woman would get an abortion, other than rape, and you can't make an exception for every one of these women. Sure, some women are ready for the babies, and I guess you'd have a problem with that, but a lot are not. Some have AIDS and don't want a baby with AIDS, some have deep financial issues, some aren't physically able to have a baby... I believe that women should take it seriously, and it's a very light way to see it to say "Abortions are wrong and should be banned."
... And besides, if a woman says "I DON'T WANT TO BE A BABY I'LL BE FAT" and she's 20, she wouldn't make a very good mother anyways.
There have never been any laws on our uteruses, and I intend there not to be.

PREGNANCY IS OPPRESSION

XP

Seriously though, it's like putting laws on a p***s.
[I am teh Haruka]
Aren't laws supposed to help people and make society a better place?

Why should one person's beliefs dictate another person's beliefs?

Against abortion? Don't get one. It's that simple.

EDIT: Natas Ferret - That's not what I meant, and you know it.

Ever hear of Baron de Montesquieu, John Locke, Thomas Paine? They all had beliefs that really make up the constitution sweatdrop
Rinaqa
Stormeh
And there are many reasons to why a woman would get an abortion, other than rape, and you can't make an exception for every one of these women. Sure, some women are ready for the babies, and I guess you'd have a problem with that, but a lot are not. Some have AIDS and don't want a baby with AIDS, some have deep financial issues, some aren't physically able to have a baby... I believe that women should take it seriously, and it's a very light way to see it to say "Abortions are wrong and should be banned."
... And besides, if a woman says "I DON'T WANT TO BE A BABY I'LL BE FAT" and she's 20, she wouldn't make a very good mother anyways.
There have never been any laws on our uteruses, and I intend there not to be.

PREGNANCY IS OPPRESSION

XP

Seriously though, it's like putting laws on a p***s.

There actually are sweatdrop Indecent exposure, adults can't stick it in minors sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff