Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]
My Conscience: Do you care about the fetus at all? Without using the law. Do you care after it's born? Do you care about the woman during and after the pregnancy?

Do I care about the criminal after he robbed a bank when gets out of jail? There are laws saying he broke the law. I can't care about everyone sweatdrop Lets just say I care about the welfare of the human race.

If you could, would you make abortion illegal?
[I am teh Haruka]
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]
My Conscience: Do you care about the fetus at all? Without using the law. Do you care after it's born? Do you care about the woman during and after the pregnancy?

Do I care about the criminal after he robbed a bank when gets out of jail? There are laws saying he broke the law. I can't care about everyone sweatdrop Lets just say I care about the welfare of the human race.

Yes 3nodding There is only one condition. If the womens life is at risk then she may recieve an abortion. But this has to be proven by a respectable Psychian that her life is in jeopardy. That is on the condition the women wants the child to live and not herself.
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]

Yes 3nodding There is only one condition. If the womens life is at risk then she may recieve an abortion. But this has to be proven by a respectable Psychian that her life is in jeopardy. That is on the condition the women wants the child to live and not herself.

And you don't care about the fetus after it's born?

EDIT: And you would make abortion illegal, why? You have nothing to do with the pregnancy or anyone's body.
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]

That's mroe pro-fetus then pro-life I'm sorry but if a fetus's life is more important in your eyes than a women you need to really examine your morals...
A Promiscuous Pirate
That's mroe pro-fetus then pro-life I'm sorry but if a fetus's life is more important in your eyes than a women you need to really examine your morals...

Why does a fetus get special rights and I don't?

Can't I just leech off of your body and take away your nutrients even if you don't want me to?

I mean, the fetus is oh so special, so why can't I be special too?
[I am teh Haruka]
A Promiscuous Pirate

Why does a fetus get special rights and I don't?

Can't I just leech off of your body and take away your nutrients even if you don't want me to?

I mean, the fetus is oh so special, so why can't I be special too?

Untill you can sustain life without a pair of lungs you're nothing. stare
[I am teh Haruka]
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]

EDIT: And you would make abortion illegal, why? You have nothing to do with the pregnancy or anyone's body.

How can I possibily care about every fetus after it is born. I care about the welfare of human beings. The government does as well. This is why we have laws against murder. Do you think the person who wrote such laws wanted to hear follow-up letters afterward? sweatdrop
My Conscience
How can I possibily care about every fetus after it is born. I care about the welfare of human beings. The government does as well. This is why we have laws against murder. Do you think the person who wrote such laws wanted to hear follow-up letters afterward? sweatdrop

Because you're pro-life, you should care about the fetus after it's born. And the woman too- during and after pregnancy. Because you know, if you did make abortion illegal, it would be your fault that you made her go through pregnancy.

EDIT: And the human race isn't dying off anytime soon.
My Conscience

So, if a woman's life is in danger, rather than perform the life saving operation, the woman has to start jumping through hoops to "prove" that her life is in danger? And prove to who? A judge? What if doctors start disagreeing about whether or not her life is in danger? All of this requires time that quite frankly a person who's life is in danger doesn't have.

Also, what if her health is in danger? Should she be forced to sacrifice her future good health for an embryo / early stage fetus? And what about birth medication that has the ability to interfere with implantation? Should they be made illegal?
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]

If you care so much about human beings, why don't YOU get pregnant with an unwanted child and spend the next twenty years of your life clothing it, feeding it, educating it, and spending money on its necessities and wants while your own life goes down the drain?

Or submit yourself to nine months of watching yourself get bigger and bigger, knowing there is life inside you, having painful birth and a 4/5 chance of a torn v****a to give it away and always wonder what the hell happened to it?

See what the woman sees.
My Conscience
Sorcerer Kata Samoes
So you apply something from the past as actually being valid NOW?

I'm using it as linguistic evidence. I even asked my government teacher who has a lawyer as a wife what the meaning the of 14th Amendment is. He said the same thing as me. I am in the most advanced english class available at my high school. It is called Advanced Placement English Literature. I am strikingly efficient in linguistic analyses.

Great, except I don't care. It still has nothing to do with supporting you perception of fetus = born person.
The good of the human race demands that we lower birth rates before we run out of resources.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still waiting for the proofs that a fetus can be referred to as a "person." Considering the lack of things like identity, cognitive process, standardized bodily function, etc.

Playing word games, with the Constitution, does not suddenly make a fetus into a full-fledged person, with a wonderful attitude, and the right to protection from something it cannot even perceive.

The word games, with the 14th Amendment, as Nethilia had pointed out earlier, fail when we do not follow the original assumption: that a fetus is granted personhood.

As also cited, with the Shimp case, if a fetus IS granted such, it is subject to the laws of the land, as well. Which now runs into a problem of either depriving the fetus of life, or the mother of life. But the law states it shall not abridge either.

So, My Conscience, how is this conundrum defeated? One or the other has to go.
Sorcerer Kata Samoes
My Conscience
Sorcerer Kata Samoes
So you apply something from the past as actually being valid NOW?

I'm using it as linguistic evidence. I even asked my government teacher who has a lawyer as a wife what the meaning the of 14th Amendment is. He said the same thing as me. I am in the most advanced english class available at my high school. It is called Advanced Placement English Literature. I am strikingly efficient in linguistic analyses.

Great, except I don't care. It still has nothing to do with supporting your perception of fetus = born person.

I think his perception is more that a fetus is entitled to the same rights as a person. But it's not the same at all. It doesn't even know that it exists.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff