Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Articlion
Okay, weather is human or not doesnt matter to you clearly. SO if its a "Person" its not okay to kill them? So when do you classify someone a person? Can you kill a baby prior to one year after its birth then? Fine not a year, how about a week? Fine you dont like a week? How bout a day? Can you kill a baby a day after is born? Or maybe an hour? Is it a person after an hours up? Do you base a person on experiances?

Okay, is it a person when its made its first breathe? So where does the fine line between person begin? Please clarify. After how long is it okay to kill a Human?

My definition of personhood requires that the recipiant first be an individual organism. Therefor, until it is biologically viable, the fetus doesn't qualify.

Spoopy Specter

14,140 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Such heavy discussion and yet I keep seeing the same people use the wrong words and poor spelling, so I'll stay out of this discussion and leave it that I hope everyone who decides to have a baby loves it and that all is well and those who decide against it don't have any complications (minus guilt, if you feel guilty for your actions I can't wish to undo that). Either way, it's the same old conversation it's always been, just a different thread.

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Articlion
Clearly your to young to argue or discuss with, because you can't even spell many of the words you use. That alone proves that your Intelligence isnt that of even a highschooler. Therefore i must undermind most of what your saying, because your still a child. Who doesnt know what she is even talking about.

I'm 25 years old, and I can spell "too" and use apostrophes, which appears to be more than you can do. I've had an abortion. I know about pregnancy and childbirth, thanks to medical studies in high school. I know enough to not think that a biased site is going to prove medical sites wrong, and that religion has no basis on everyone else's lives when they don't follow.

Simply because I think your magical sky daddy and his big o' book of rules can kiss my a** is no reason to make digs at my intelligence.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Articlion

Clearly your to young to argue or discuss with, because you can't even spell many of the words you use. That alone proves that your Intelligence isnt that of even a highschooler. Therefore i must undermind most of what your saying, because your still a child. Who doesnt know what she is even talking about.

User Image
Benighted
Articlion
And weather is wrong in my eyes doesnt matter, because its wrong in Gods eyes. And the bible speaks out againts abortion.

Where in the Bible? Show me, as if the Bible were of any legal consequence.

I'm probably going to sound like a completely anti-christian b***h here but, if I'm not mistaken the bible also glorifies rape.

Keep in mind I did get this from site I discovered while trying to make biblical allusions for a Lord of the Flies essay.

Judges 21:10-24 NLT

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

Deuteronomy 20:10-14

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
Articlion

Clearly I'm not that strong of a speller, which actually improves as I type. I've been old enough to discuss this since I started bleeding for a week every month.

Oh, and is that an insult? Hehe, a-reporting, here I come! ^.^
Articlion
Okay, weather is human or not doesnt matter to you clearly. SO if its a "Person" its not okay to kill them? So when do you classify someone a person? Can you kill a baby prior to one year after its birth then? Fine not a year, how about a week? Fine you dont like a week? How bout a day? Can you kill a baby a day after is born? Or maybe an hour? Is it a person after an hours up? Do you base a person on experiances?

Okay, is it a person when its made its first breathe? So where does the fine line between person begin? Please clarify. After how long is it okay to kill a Human?

Again, are you talking to someone specifically? It looks like it.

Legally a human is a person after birth. I personally don't really consider it a person/being until I see some evidence it's self-aware and thinking, but I would go by the law under normal circumstances.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Articlion
Wow you totaly manipulated my post, like i had asked you not too. Either way, Im just kicking a dead horse, because you clearly wont accept responsiblilty for your actions. Hands down, your a compulsive murderer, and you are in denial. Because your "self-righteous."

The fact that my definition of responsible action differs from yours does not make mine less valid.

The definition of murder remains the same.

I could easily accuse you of being in denial. Then we get into fun stuff like subjective reality.

As to self righteousness... see pot and kettle.
well... I dont believe in abortion for a few reasons.
One its murder
two hes alive
three im a christian
four its still you baby
To bring the subject round to one of my other reasons I believe abortion isn't 'bad'. Africa.

Yes lovely Africa. There is somewhat of necessity to keep a family small in Africa to ensure survival. With the current sex educators saying 'All Protection is Bad', an unavailabilty of contraception and a lack of rights of women in Africa abortion is sometimes the only way they can maintain a small family size. Smaller families' children typically end up more well-nourished and educated having a better chance at surviving. Also, in cases of war, they are more portable.

In early South America, after the western civilization began colonizing 'wild' tribes starting practicing infanticide. Families were to have only two children. And more were considered a burden upon the tribe who could have to leave their village in the middle of the night to avoid those wishing to take them slaves. Additional children slowed up the families and were, hence, killed.

Anyone else care to comment on arbotion... globally?
Mistress DragonFlame
First and formost, it's whither. A very common mistake to make, as there are three different 'whither' (Whither, weather, wither), but that is the correct spelling for what you're trying to put. Normally I would let it slide, but you're using it. A lot.

Articlion
Okay, weather is human or not doesnt matter to you clearly. SO if its a "Person" its not okay to kill them?

Quote:
So when do you classify someone a person?

I do once the baby realises it's surroundings. Before then it's just an animal. However, this is all personal opinion, which differs from person to person.

Quote:
Can you kill a baby prior to one year after its birth then?

Before one year... after it's birth...? What? Please restate the quesiton.

Quote:
Fine not a year, how about a week? Fine you dont like a week? How bout a day? Can you kill a baby a day after is born? Or maybe an hour? Is it a person after an hours up? Do you base a person on experiances?

Pro-choicers, for the most part, grant it upon birth, as does the law. That is what we go by. What YOU go by is different, obviously.

Quote:

Again, personal opinions.

You got me on the whither. However, your still wrong. A baby can recognize its surroundings inside the womb. What, you don't think at that time its concious? YOu think that one second before birth makes much of a difference? honestly, if you think that, well, your dumb. To put it plain and simple, what does one second make of it? Do you really think it doesnt think untill the very second its born? Lets think about this shall we? Scientists have done studies on babies and their concious flow of things. Babies do think inside that womb. So therefor, yes its a person.
Treacherous Desire

I rather did ... I'm pro-choice for everyone, everywhere.
Moniquill
Articlion
Wow you totaly manipulated my post, like i had asked you not too. Either way, Im just kicking a dead horse, because you clearly wont accept responsiblilty for your actions. Hands down, your a compulsive murderer, and you are in denial. Because your "self-righteous."

The fact that my definition of responsible action differs from yours does not make mine less valid.

The definition of murder remains the same.

I could easily accuse you of being in denial. Then we get into fun stuff like subjective reality.

As to self righteousness... see pot and kettle.

If you can, do it, because right now its all arm chair philosophy. You've not proven anything or brought up any documents. You ask me to, i've done it, now you do the same and disprove me.
Pyro_unleashed
well... I dont believe in abortion for a few reasons.
One its murder
two hes alive
three im a christian
four its still you baby

T'ist murder.

To be murder it has to be illegal AND there has to be malie intent/forethough.

Both of which are lacking.
Treacherous Desire
To bring the subject round to one of my other reasons I believe abortion isn't 'bad'. Africa.

Yes lovely Africa. There is somewhat of necessity to keep a family small in Africa to ensure survival. With the current sex educators saying 'All Protection is Bad', an unavailabilty of contraception and a lack of rights of women in Africa abortion is sometimes the only way they can maintain a small family size. Smaller families' children typically end up more well-nourished and educated having a better chance at surviving. Also, in cases of war, they are more portable.

In early South America, after the western civilization began colonizing 'wild' tribes starting practicing infanticide. Families were to have only two children. And more were considered a burden upon the tribe who could have to leave their village in the middle of the night to avoid those wishing to take them slaves. Additional children slowed up the families and were, hence, killed.

Okay you say they are too poor to afford children, so what? Now they have the money to afford traditional abortion opporations? No, I'm pretty sure if they can afford that as a country, they can afford a baby.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff