Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
My Conscience

Could I walk in the room and shot a person who is in a vegitative state? Nope. They will say I killed a human being, which I did. I don't get how they can pull the plug on someone who is on life support. No matter what it is murder 3nodding That is beyond the point sweatdrop

If a person is never going to recover, then pull away; it's no good to drag out life for the sake of saying that aperson's not dead. But that choice should be made by the family and doctors, not by the law that seeks to keep every shell of a human around until forever. I do have a problem with the pulling of a plug against the wishes of the person on it. Terri Schavo, that bint, was not cognitive and had no wishes.
Talon-chan
Moniquill
DiGital Lucifer

Where are the cries for the boy who helped his girlfriend misscary under her own permission who got an automatic life-sentance because the law is twisted?

I assure you, when this was fresh news there were plenty of cries. That you didn't hear them doesn't mean they didn't happen.

There were. I live in MD, a hop skip and jump away from Virginia where this happened. It was on the news for weeks and many were outraged that the boy was being charged and not the girl (stupid pro-punishment morons not realising that neither should be punished but that this is just an example of what happens when abortions are impossible for young women to get)

http://www.detnews.com/2005/metro/0501/05/A01-50709.htm

Life sentance my a**.
Quote:
He was charged as a juvenile with intentional conduct against a pregnancy or stillbirth, which is a felony. If convicted, he could remain in custody until age 21.

If the fetus were viable both would have been charged.
Quote:
Smith said if the 6-month-old fetus had been viable, the boy would have been charged with manslaughter of a quick-born child, a 15-year felony.

The girl could have then also received the same charge for aiding and abetting.

Further if abortions were easier to obtain perhaps our youth would not resort to such dramatic last resorts?
Quote:
Legally, the baby could have been aborted. Because the girl was a minor, she would have needed a judge's or parental permission to obtain an abortion.

Wrong one.
The one I'm talking about, the kid didn't use a bat or anything besides his feet [I think they said the girl punched herself repeatedly while the boy stomped on her stomach. And the reason why he was blamed was because they think the stomping was the cause of the misscariage]
Nethilia
My Conscience

Could I walk in the room and shot a person who is in a vegitative state? Nope. They will say I killed a human being, which I did. I don't get how they can pull the plug on someone who is on life support. No matter what it is murder 3nodding That is beyond the point sweatdrop

If a person is never going to recover, then pull away; it's no good to drag out life for the sake of saying that aperson's not dead. But that choice should be made by the family and doctors, not by the law that seeks to keep every shell of a human around until forever. I do have a problem with the pulling of a plug against the wishes of the person on it. Terri Schavo, that bint, was not cognitive and had no wishes.

I would still be charged with murder gonk
ShadowIce
Crystallyne Vixen
So which one was the human shadowice? I have to shower and take care of my pet bunnies. 3nodding

The second one. The first one is a cow embryo. And yes, for a while humans have tails xd

A lil late, but shhhhhh. ninja

So I not only got it wrong, but I also mixed them up.

xp

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
ReiDuck
Moniquill
My Conscience

If I took a dollar bill and ripped it into 100 pieces, would a store accept those 100 pieces as 100 dollars? I think not.

Actually, US law mandates that they HAVE TO. You only need 51% of a bill for it to be valid as currency.

If it's 100 equal pieces, then each piece is only 1% of a bill.

But if you handed over all 100 of those pieces, it's an entire bill and must be accepted.

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
DiGital Lucifer
I don't get this.. So I can write down my serial numbers on every dollar bill I get, and can redeem it even if I spent it in the pop machine? confused

No. You'd have to have at least 51% of the bill still with you.
Moniquill
ReiDuck
Moniquill
My Conscience

If I took a dollar bill and ripped it into 100 pieces, would a store accept those 100 pieces as 100 dollars? I think not.

Actually, US law mandates that they HAVE TO. You only need 51% of a bill for it to be valid as currency.

But if you handed over all 100 of those pieces, it's an entire bill and must be accepted.

Yup! Helps if you tape em together.
Moniquill
Which is, funny enough, true.
At least, in Colorado, as long as you are presented with at least 75% of a bill, you can accept it as legal tender.
DiGital Lucifer
Talon-chan
Moniquill
DiGital Lucifer

Where are the cries for the boy who helped his girlfriend misscary under her own permission who got an automatic life-sentance because the law is twisted?

I assure you, when this was fresh news there were plenty of cries. That you didn't hear them doesn't mean they didn't happen.

There were. I live in MD, a hop skip and jump away from Virginia where this happened. It was on the news for weeks and many were outraged that the boy was being charged and not the girl (stupid pro-punishment morons not realising that neither should be punished but that this is just an example of what happens when abortions are impossible for young women to get)

http://www.detnews.com/2005/metro/0501/05/A01-50709.htm

Life sentance my a**.
Quote:
He was charged as a juvenile with intentional conduct against a pregnancy or stillbirth, which is a felony. If convicted, he could remain in custody until age 21.

If the fetus were viable both would have been charged.
Quote:
Smith said if the 6-month-old fetus had been viable, the boy would have been charged with manslaughter of a quick-born child, a 15-year felony.

The girl could have then also received the same charge for aiding and abetting.

Further if abortions were easier to obtain perhaps our youth would not resort to such dramatic last resorts?
Quote:
Legally, the baby could have been aborted. Because the girl was a minor, she would have needed a judge's or parental permission to obtain an abortion.

Wrong one.
The one I'm talking about, the kid didn't use a bat or anything besides his feet [I think they said the girl punched herself repeatedly while the boy stomped on her stomach. And the reason why he was blamed was because they think the stomping was the cause of the misscariage]
Where did this happen? Kansas? (seriously, do you know where this happened I want to look it up)

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
My Conscience
Nethilia
My Conscience

I would still be charged with murder gonk

Depends. You may, you may not.
Moniquill
ReiDuck
Moniquill
My Conscience

You actually have to give it to a bank to redeem it. A store wouldn't accept it xd
DiGital Lucifer

Wrong one.

Well, I'd have to say that blaming him and sentencing him for it is ******** stupid.
Mistress DragonFlame
DiGital Lucifer
I don't get this.. So I can write down my serial numbers on every dollar bill I get, and can redeem it even if I spent it in the pop machine? confused

No. You'd have to have at least 51% of the bill still with you.

Thanks for not ignoring my question.
And thanks for the info.
I knew there was something more to that, it sounded to easy to fraud.
Is there any other requirements? Like.. Do you have to have a certain side to the bill?
I had fun debating today. See you all tomorrow biggrin
Reinna Astarel
DiGital Lucifer

Wrong one.

Well, I'd have to say that blaming him and sentencing him for it is ******** stupid.

In regards that Talon wrote about? Or the one I'm refering to? I assume the one I'm referring to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff