Welcome to Gaia! ::

DiGital Lucifer
Nethilia
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]
An animal is nothing like a fetus.

An animal can think and can feel. A fetus can't.
Not having cognitive ablilty doesn't make it okay to kill a zygote/fetus. There are plenty of people in comotose or people that don't have cognitive abilties. Does it make it okay to kill them?

According to our *cough* excellence president, it's okay to pull the plug on a conscious woman and not allow her her dying wish of seeing her mother, if the hospital doesn't think that she can pay for it. Where were the protests for her?

Who cares. You yourself say all the time that a fetus isn't a person anyways. Unlike someone who is born.

Though something with more relevance to the topic...

Where are the cries for the boy who helped his girlfriend misscary under her own permission who got an automatic life-sentance because the law is twisted?
I don't see anyone making any mention to how ******** up that is and how it's because of abortion laws that the girl was let off because of her 'right' yet the boy is the one who takes the blame when all he did was take over for a liscensed doctor since they didn't have the money.
So which one was the human shadowice? I have to shower and take care of my pet bunnies. 3nodding
DiGital Lucifer
Moniquill.. Don't you listen?

Personhood - The state or condition of being a person, especially having those qualities that confer distinct individuality:

(bold by me) Oh god, I hate answers like that.
I go to dictionary, look up egalitarian. The dictionary says, asserting, promoting, or marked by egalitarianism

It HURTS.

Crystallyne Vixen
So which one was the human shadowice? I have to shower and take care of my pet bunnies. 3nodding

The second one. The first one is a cow embryo. And yes, for a while humans have tails xd
ShadowIce
My Conscience
A part of a whole doesn't make it the whole. A table leg isn't a table. Get my drift? ^_^

Thus, to be a person in your mind, one must be made up of human parts?
Two problems with that: 1) many people are in fact missing parts. Hearts, leggs, eyes, etc, all can be missing and still be a person. Thus, one does not have to possess any specific human part (except maybe a brain) to be considered a person. 2) Throughout many stages of pregnancy, the zygote/etc lacks "human parts."

If I took a dollar bill and ripped it into 100 pieces, would a store accept those 100 pieces as 100 dollars? I think not. If I took a table and gave you the leg. I would say you are hold a part of a table.

A human child can't produce sperm or a girl child can't procreate, doesn't this make them not human since they don't have the so called "full parts"? No sweatdrop

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
DiGital Lucifer

Personhood - The state or condition of being a person, especially having those qualities that confer distinct individuality:

And what is the state or condition of being a person?
What are the qualities that confer distinct individuality?

In my book, that means consciousness and cognizance.
Moniquill
My Conscience

Sure, if I showed you a corpse, isn't it a person?

Actually, no. Not by my definition. It WAS a person. Now it's merely a human body.

She's got a point.
Though it's human, it's not a person. Though it could be considered one, it still can be argued that it isn't. Either way you go, you're right.
ShadowIce
DiGital Lucifer

Oh god, I hate answers like that.
I go to dictionary, look up egalitarian. The dictionary says, asserting, promoting, or marked by egalitarianism

It HURTS.
Only stupid dictionaries use parts of the word being defined in their definition.
ShadowIce
DiGital Lucifer

(bold by me) Oh god, I hate answers like that.

It HURTS.

Crystallyne Vixen

The second one. The first one is a cow embryo. And yes, for a while humans have tails xd
I could have sworn it was a lizard. LOL.
DiGital Lucifer

Your definition reads:

Personhood - the state of being a person.

What is a person?
Moniquill
DiGital Lucifer

And what is the state or condition of being a person?
What are the qualities that confer distinct individuality?

In my book, that means consciousness and cognizance.

Funny how you didn't say this when we were talking about this exact thing earlier.

# A living human. Often used in combination: chairperson; spokesperson; salesperson.
# An individual of specified character: a person of importance.
# The composite of characteristics that make up an individual personality; the self.
# The living body of a human: searched the prisoner's person.
# Physique and general appearance.
# Law. A human or organization with legal rights and duties.
# Christianity. Any of the three separate individualities of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as distinguished from the essence of the Godhead that unites them.
# Grammar.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
DiGital Lucifer

Where are the cries for the boy who helped his girlfriend misscary under her own permission who got an automatic life-sentance because the law is twisted?

I assure you, when this was fresh news there were plenty of cries. That you didn't hear them doesn't mean they didn't happen.
ShadowIce
Last call! Anyone have another guess on which one is human? If no one has a guess, I'll tell.

I'd say it, but I suppose it'd be cheating since I already know from someone else. Heh.
Crystallyne Vixen
I could have sworn it was a lizard. LOL.

Embryos are rather scary looking. ninja
Nethilia
My Conscience
[I am teh Haruka]
An animal is nothing like a fetus.

An animal can think and can feel. A fetus can't.
Not having cognitive ablilty doesn't make it okay to kill a zygote/fetus. There are plenty of people in comotose or people that don't have cognitive abilties. Does it make it okay to kill them?

According to our *cough* excellence president, it's okay to pull the plug on a conscious woman and not allow her her dying wish of seeing her mother, if the hospital doesn't think that she can pay for it. Where were the protests for her?

Could I walk in the room and shot a person who is in a vegitative state? Nope. They will say I killed a human being, which I did. I don't get how they can pull the plug on someone who is on life support. No matter what it is murder 3nodding That is beyond the point sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff