Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you believe in Tarot readings? I wanna hear the different views on the subject. I do believe in them myself I accually do readings to if you would like a reading please feel free to contact me through a private message and I'll see if I can help you. But for this forum I just wanna hear peoples different views.
I definitely believe that tarot readings can be real and correct. ^__^ I certainly think it's easy for people to be silly about them and fake it, but for someone who really puts effort into it and knows how to do it, I think it can work very well. ^.^

Rainbow Wrangler

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
No, I don't believe in them. I wish I could believe in a lot of that kind of stuff, but I don't. I have a tarot deck and I do readings for myself and my friends on occasion. Sometimes they're scarily accurate, but most of the time they're not at all. Tarot readings are more like a fun little game to pass the time for me than any life-guiding experience.
well i want to say that i really like things like tarot cards and tea leaves, but from one reading that i got it was totally inaccurate, well most of it anyway. I'd like to believe them but nothing she said that was going to happen happened. I would still get another eading though because its just so cool!
I do many Tarot readings, and yes they can be correct. They usually are and are a great divination tool. While my personal favorite is a pendulum, tarot cards are highly effective.
No, they're completely fake. Do you know how card magicians know exactly where a card is in the deck? They actually watch its progress through the shuffling process (achievable only with years of practice, of course). Proof enough that there's no magical or divine forces working on the cards, just your hands. Ever seen a psychic magician?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I've had the cards come out right few enough times that I would call it a coincidence if I believed in them. Same with horoscopes, but that's really a whole different ballgame; I've had other Libras' days follow the horoscope to a T while my own day was off that path. It's different every time, really.
LivingRain
I definitely believe that tarot readings can be real and correct. ^__^ I certainly think it's easy for people to be silly about them and fake it, but for someone who really puts effort into it and knows how to do it, I think it can work very well. ^.^

the truth about tarot
I don't necessarily believe in FORTUNE telling with tarot cards, however, I do believe that you can study the symbols and use them to interperet dreams--or messages that your unconscious mind is trying to send to your conscious mind.
So yes, I have tarot cards and yes, I study them.
No. I don't believe that we can use them to see the future. Even if we could, what would be the point? You can't change what fate has planned. (No offense to anyone who believes in them)
of course, but only of the person that reads the cards understand the occult meaning of tarot. so it depends on the case
The Ice Angel Shiva
Do you believe in Tarot readings? I wanna hear the different views on the subject. I do believe in them myself I accually do readings to if you would like a reading please feel free to contact me through a private message and I'll see if I can help you. But for this forum I just wanna hear peoples different views.

Hear ye, hear ye, Mytho's tarot rambling.

Yes, I read tarot and yes, of course it works. But you have to understand what EXACTLY it is that they do.

The cards canot tell the future. Nor can anything else.

The cards are not magical. They possess no mystical qualities. The act of reading tarot is not magic, or supernatural, there are no spirits involved.

Reading tarot is, if anything, a kind of specialized meditation technique. You can do the exact same thing by focusing on a question and opening the nearest book to a random page, and pointing. This works, and I've done it. The reason tarot cards work BETTER is that the cards are designed to perform this specific task in a way that is accessible and doesn't waste unnecessary symbolism. They can give more specific answers.

I don't know why focusing on a question will draw answers. I do know that it does, and what the cards actually do is put what you already know into a different pattern of thought or frame of mind. The cards allow you to access your own knowledge in a different form, and thus be able to USE it. They can clarify subconscious impressions into something concrete, or translate narrow ideas into broad metaphores.

But it ain't magic.
Mythopoeia
The Ice Angel Shiva

Yes, I read tarot and yes, of course it works. But you have to understand what EXACTLY it is that they do.

The cards are not magical. They possess no mystical qualities. The act of reading tarot is not magic, or supernatural, there are no spirits involved.

Reading tarot is, if anything, a kind of specialized meditation technique. You can do the exact same thing by focusing on a question and opening the nearest book to a random page, and pointing. This works, and I've done it. The reason tarot cards work BETTER is that the cards are designed to perform this specific task in a way that is accessible and doesn't waste unnecessary symbolism. They can give more specific answers.

I don't know why focusing on a question will draw answers. I do know that it does, and what the cards actually do is put what you already know into a different pattern of thought or frame of mind. The cards allow you to access your own knowledge in a different form, and thus be able to USE it. They can clarify subconscious impressions into something concrete, or translate narrow ideas into broad metaphores.

But it ain't magic.

So basically, you derive inspiration from the pretty pictures? Why do you need cards to do that? I can just look out the window or browse the internet.
Kiloran
Mythopoeia
The Ice Angel Shiva

But it ain't magic.

So basically, you derive inspiration from the pretty pictures? Why do you need cards to do that? I can just look out the window or browse the internet.

You don't. But the symbols on the cards represent a very thorough and specific set of meanings and intentions. It's like... the difference between using a hammer and a rock. They both get the job done, but which would you rather use?
Mythopoeia
Kiloran
Mythopoeia
The Ice Angel Shiva

But it ain't magic.

You don't. But the symbols on the cards represent a very thorough and specific set of meanings and intentions. It's like... the difference between using a hammer and a rock. They both get the job done, but which would you rather use?

True. I would rather use the virtually infinite sights I can see outside or online than limit myself to fifty-two cards.
I read the tarot and it is usually freakishly true. I love the tarot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff