Welcome to Gaia! ::

People today are incredibly superficial, and I just want to know why. Why go after a person who has a lot of money or looks fantastic? What ever happened to a good sense of humor, or someone who is kind to everyone, not just the attractive people. More and more people seem to be blinded by the 'bling bling' and 'hot a**,' and I really want to know why. If looks and money are important to you, I genuinely want to know why you think that way. Yes, I can understand why you'd want someone with at least a job, but do they really need to have a lot of name brand crap to make you happy? I don't give a crap if this sounds like some sort of 'ugly girl tantrum' and 'I'm just jealous,' though it's hardly the case, but I do want to know why material and superficial values have overcome the emotional aspects of it, and if there is any way to change it in the near future. domokun
Hizashi
People today are incredibly superficial, and I just want to know why. Why go after a person who has a lot of money or looks fantastic? What ever happened to a good sense of humor, or someone who is kind to everyone, not just the attractive people. More and more people seem to be blinded by the 'bling bling' and 'hot a**,' and I really want to know why. If looks and money are important to you, I genuinely want to know why you think that way. Yes, I can understand why you'd want someone with at least a job, but do they really need to have a lot of name brand crap to make you happy? I don't give a crap if this sounds like some sort of 'ugly girl tantrum' and 'I'm just jealous,' though it's hardly the case, but I do want to know why material and superficial values have overcome the emotional aspects of it, and if there is any way to change it in the near future. domokun

Superficiality has been around as long as humans. We have just been ignorant of certain things up until recently. In fact, our entire society is based off of superficiality.....
off topic i know but OMG its ramboo! i love him!
MsFortune
off topic i know but OMG its ramboo! i love him!
people are trying to kill us.
After doing studies ofpeople widely considered to be attractive or unattractive, scientists discovered that the more symmetrical more symmetrical your face is, the better you look. If your jawline is a millimeter higher on one side or hte other, that'll detract from the look. Tom Cruise and Cindy Crawford have almost perfectly symmetrical faces.

Why? The more abnormalities you have, the more likely you are to have mutated, damaged, or otherwise-poor genes. From an evolutionary standpoint, you want to breed with the healthiest, strongest genes. And thus evolution selects for people who are attracted to those with symmetrical faces and athletic bodies, setting the standard for hotness.
Listen, let me tell you about Sarah. Sarah loved guys, all she would look at was magazines and she wouldn't date anyone who didn't have "Cash, a car, and six pack abs!" Then, her head exploded. True story.
Jim Jesus 2.0
Listen, let me tell you about Sarah. Sarah loved guys, all she would look at was magazines and she wouldn't date anyone who didn't have "Cash, a car, and six pack abs!" Then, her head exploded. True story.

...weren't you the guy who wrote about John cutting himself and then getting raped by a clown two weeks later?...
Anyway, I think we should all go out and mutilate people with symmetrical faces...kidding. As I was going on about earlier, what about money? I know a lot of people who say 'I will not date him/her if they cannot by me the better things in life!' What ever happened to self sufficiency?
Hizashi
Jim Jesus 2.0

...weren't you the guy who wrote about John cutting himself and then getting raped by a clown two weeks later?...
Anyway, I think we should all go out and mutilate people with symmetrical faces...kidding. As I was going on about earlier, what about money? I know a lot of people who say 'I will not date him/her if they cannot by me the better things in life!' What ever happened to self sufficiency?

That is a bold faced lie, and you are slandering my name. I'll not stand for it!
you know if i had a valid answer id put it...but i dont so i'll say this instead...people are stupid....very stupid and most should just do us a favor and die, if half the people in the world died right now things would go great...
exconfinedtroll
you know if i had a valid answer id put it...but i dont so i'll say this instead...people are stupid....very stupid and most should just do us a favor and die, if half the people in the world died right now things would go great...

Like the people who voted for Bush whee . Kidding, sorry if your pro-Bush. I just get so frustrated with superficial people and everytime I ask why they think the way they do, they spit nonsense at me.
Hizashi
exconfinedtroll

Like the people who voted for Bush whee . Kidding, sorry if your pro-Bush. I just get so frustrated with superficial people and everytime I ask why they think the way they do, they spit nonsense at me.
omg if i found out i voted for bush after i did a mass amount of heavy drugs, i think id jump off a bridge, and yes nonsense is they're primary language
exconfinedtroll
Hizashi
exconfinedtroll

omg if i found out i voted for bush after i did a mass amount of heavy drugs, i think id jump off a bridge, and yes nonsense is they're primary language

If I found out I voted for Bush, I'd go on a giant rampage then kill myself with a dull-edged spoon. Nonsense is my primary language, but at least people can understand it...
Hizashi
exconfinedtroll
Hizashi
exconfinedtroll

If I found out I voted for Bush, I'd go on a giant rampage then kill myself with a dull-edged spoon. Nonsense is my primary language, but at least people can understand it...
yes i understand perfectly...i think some rust on that spoon would add to the effect
exconfinedtroll
Hizashi
exconfinedtroll
Hizashi
exconfinedtroll

yes i understand perfectly...i think some rust on that spoon would add to the effect

Oh yes. And crusty applesauce that has been sitting on it for 6 centuries. With aspirin.
Hizashi
exconfinedtroll
Hizashi
exconfinedtroll
Hizashi
exconfinedtroll

Oh yes. And crusty applesauce that has been sitting on it for 6 centuries. With aspirin.
and!!! some...CHEESE!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games