Welcome to Gaia! ::

The source.

People of the ED. I have some truly sickening news to bring you.

This story came out of Dayton, Ohio, its seriously that close to us. Its right around the corner, and we are allowing it to happen.

Our culture has been infected with thinking 'if it doesn't hurt me, its totally fine.'

We need to get into the mindset that every action and consequence hurts everyone. Even if its something as small as 'I decided to get drunk the night before instead of study for my exam and now I failed,' your inability to influence in the way that you would if you passed has major consequences to everyone, because we wouldn't get to experience your success.

Thinking that suicide is okay is not okay. It hurts everyone. It isn't just taking a life with no consequence. Families hurt. Especially when you are caring for children, or have a child relying on you for its life force. Satanism has gone far past 'Christianity is a dumb religion so lets make up something that just says bad stuff is fun.' People have taken it to heart, and not just 'satanists.' It has been a pervasive negative impact on our society, and these two things need to stop.

This article is the reason why. A woman bought a wand for her kids. Bright, innocent packaging with a hard to read title, and foil covering the sinister part of the product. It advertises fun music and is brightly colored. Then it has a disturbing picture of a girl, painted to look like she is posessed with blood-red eyes and blood gushing from her mouth and a knife on her arm that is bleeding. It has a maniacal laugh on it. This is seriously messed up. And its disguised between barbie dolls and other toys.

It gets more disturbing. The store clerk refused to take it off the shelves. The store clerk said that maybe it shoouldn't be good for a 3 year old, but for a kid older than 6, its what they see on television everyday, it isn't out of the ordinary.

What is this store clerk being exposed to that he thinks this is suitable? What is he exposing his kids to, or think kids should be exposed to? Is he right that we see people cutting themselves and presenting it like its a fun idea? Are people actually trying to make money off of tormenting kids, and trying to give them disorders and fear?

This is not a game, this is people's sanity, their moral compass. Its floating away in this feel good you do you bro mentality that is destroying us.

Please discuss ways that we can bring morality back. Like, this is the extreme do-not-do kinda stuff that people are trying to make normal, and some of you on here are like that man and trying to make this normal or even encouraged. Its messed up. Realize what stand you are taking when trying to be friends with everybody and say well if its not hurting anyone, then I'm for it.
What the hell are you even trying to say?
Suicide, satan, christianity, games, cutting themselves due to colorfull wands?

Also there is nothing disturbing about the store clerk not giving a crap about the 100th customer that day that didn't like something, on top of that he doesn't have any say in what's on the shelves.
Miragen

Also there is nothing disturbing about the store clerk not giving a crap about the 100th customer that day that didn't like something, on top of that he doesn't have any say in what's on the shelves.

The store sold wands with a picture of a girl cutting herself in a maniacal voice down a kids aisle. How does society allow that to happen? Satanism and permissing and encouraging suicide by people of this forum and like minded people in the world is what I place my blame on.
LoveLoud837
Miragen

The store sold wands with a picture of a girl cutting herself in a maniacal voice down a kids aisle. How does society allow that to happen? Satanism and permissing and encouraging suicide by people of this forum and like minded people in the world is what I place my blame on.

People who want to commit suicide don't give a single ******** about whatever the little shits on this forum may or may not think, no one takes them serious anyways.
As far as the wand goes, provide some proof with that since it's easy to claim that things like that exist, and it's important to keep in mind that Halloween was a little while back in the US and things like that are more common this time of year.

I also fail to see what Satanism has to do with any of this, modern satanists are atheists, and are against the moral hypocrisy of the current religions and about being responsible for your own actions and looking for your own goal in life, being your own person, which sounds a whole lot better than doing exactly what you're told, living for God and following strict rules and guidelines.

Seems like you're more afraid of the unknown than actually having a proper reason to blame Satanism for this.
Miragen
LoveLoud837
Miragen

People who want to commit suicide don't give a single ******** about whatever the little shits on this forum may or may not think, no one takes them serious anyways.
As far as the wand goes, provide some proof with that since it's easy to claim that things like that exist, and it's important to keep in mind that Halloween was a little while back in the US and things like that are more common this time of year.

I also fail to see what Satanism has to do with any of this, modern satanists are atheists, and are against the moral hypocrisy of the current religions and about being responsible for your own actions and looking for your own goal in life, being your own person, which sounds a whole lot better than doing exactly what you're told, living for God and following strict rules and guidelines.

Seems like you're more afraid of the unknown than actually having a proper reason to blame Satanism for this.

Please click the link at the top of the OP to see the product in question. It comes from a reputable news source with an actual news broadcast segment video. This occurred in Dayton, Ohio. You can check any and all other news sources to verify if you need.
LoveLoud837
Miragen
LoveLoud837
Miragen

Please click the link at the top of the OP to see the product in question. It comes from a reputable news source with an actual news broadcast segment video. This occurred in Dayton, Ohio. You can check any and all other news sources to verify if you need.

Didn't see the link.
And the manager said he would remove the products if there were more complaints so that's not an argument.
Either way, yeah this stuff probably shouldn't be sold to kids, but maybe mom shouldn't be buying imported crap for their child for a dollar.
I doubt anyone checks these kind of items before they go onto sales, and this is probably one of those things that slipped through the cracks which are basicly wide open doors, just like all all those other toys which get recalled because they're hazardous to kids because they try to put just about anything into their mouths.

So no, I don't think these things should be sold, the store itself probably wouldn't have if they knew this upfront.
Is satanism responsible for toys in the dollar store? I think not.
Are people who are encouraging suicide responsible for toys in the dollar store? Nope, try again.
Maybe Chinese workers who get payed 5 cents a day are responsible for mass producing shitty toys? Yeah.. probably.

This to me doesn't seem like a thing to panic about, to blame society, satanists or gaia for, it's just a shitty toy.

Beloved Lunatic

LoveLoud837

We need to get into the mindset that every action and consequence hurts everyone. Even if its something as small as 'I decided to get drunk the night before instead of study for my exam and now I failed,' your inability to influence in the way that you would if you passed has major consequences to everyone, because we wouldn't get to experience your success.

This part amuses me. Do you feel entitled to the successes of other people? You're not. My self-destructive tendencies are mine to enjoy as I please, and you are no one to intervene.

Wait, wait, wait...okay...remember that part in The Incredibles where the guy sues the super hero for saving him from suicide? Do you think he wanted to live after he got the money?

Timid Tipper

The package clearly reads "Evil Stick". It also appears that you can peel back the foil and see what's inside before you purchase...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ignoring the crazy bit there...

It was called an "evil stick" the only problem is that on the side it was said for children 3 and up. It has a girl with (what looks like make up) "slitting her wrist" in the hidden bit.

Wouldn't be a bad thing if it was for an older audience and was used as a form of shock gag (actually it's exactly that)

Do I think it's creepy and kinda disturbing? Yea but that's it's purpose as an "evil stick" which is designed to mildly disturb people.

The only problem is the 3 and up bit IMO.

In poor taste? Yep but it's a shock gag.
It wouldn't surprise me to see it in an adult halloween store.

Garbage

I don't think this is a case of "suicide empathizing" or Satanism. I think this is just straight-up sick bullshit that slipped under the radar somehow.

Jrock_Chlck
The package clearly reads "Evil Stick". It also appears that you can peel back the foil and see what's inside before you purchase...
It looks like some sort of knock-off product, too, 'cause... that's Card Captor Sakura on it.

Timid Tipper

Cassidy Peterson
Jrock_Chlck
It looks like some sort of knock-off product, too, 'cause... that's Card Captor Sakura on it.

Yeah, it is. I can't exactly sympathize with the woman who purchased this for her toddler. It has a bunch of nope written all over it.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
LoveLoud837
Miragen

There's many completely different forms of "Satanism" that they cannot compare to each other and the most denominations are much more peaceful religion than Christianity and most other popular religions out there.

Cunning Lunatic

I don't typically consider fox news to be reputable. Especially here in Ohio.

But I don't get what you're on about. This has nothing to do with suicide or satan.
And the clerk doesn't choose what the store sells. The mother needed to speak to someone at their corporate office. What's more, you make claims that are not substantiated in the article. That the clerk didn't care or refused to take action, for example, which isn't precisely true.

Move on. This isn't our problem, or even yours.
If the mother can't read the packaging that's on her.

Familiar Poster

6,500 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
first of all, I don't trust anything fox news has to say.

second, that's not "suicide empathy". there was nothing there empathizing with suicide. if anything, it was closer to pressure to kill oneself, which is entirely different. I am a suicide sympathizer, and I don't go trying to convince people it's better to kill themselves.

how the ******** does satan have anything to do with this?

what a waste of a topic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces