Welcome to Gaia! ::

how often do you stop and "smell the roses"?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 7, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

i find myself doing this every now and again and it kind of throws my life into perspective. not roses, this..

take a minute and consider the fact that there are six billion other people on the planet. hell, take into consideration the actual astounding size of this planet and the fact that it is a mere infinitestimal spec in the universe. think how many people you're more fortunate than. a celebrity could be taking a dump at this very moment. a child could be dying. a crime could be in the process of happening. a cheetah could be tearing a wildebeest to shreds. there are millions of things happening every second.

aint it cool.
I take a moment to realize that there are an infinite number of stars in the sky, and even more planets then stars... then I wonder how many moons there is... I also sometimes ponder what animals think as my puppy snores on my foot...
speaking of stars.. you know half the stars we see in our night sky arent even there anymore? all we're seeing is the light still reaching us because they're lightyears away.
daelyn
speaking of stars.. you know half the stars we see in our night sky arent even there anymore? all we're seeing is the light still reaching us because they're lightyears away.

*nods* And the blinking ones are stars that died out or exploded.
Yes yes...we're so behind on that.
Hmm, and right now someone could be sitting in a class in Germany, on gaia instead of doing work. That person has just made you aware of his presance in the world. So nice to meet you. smile
Trowen Sylver
Yes yes...we're so behind on that.

Bloody light, couldn't be any slower could it?!

I don't 'stop to smell the roses' very often, but it happens. Usually it is just realising how infitesimal we are in the universe, and it starts to hurt after a while.

On the other hand, I like to litrally stop and smell peoples roses in their front yards if they look nice enough.
It takes courage and a great dispodition too see beyond your life and see all that exist as a whole. To thing of your own existens as something or as nothing. Just to question a moment of life is a treasure that will last all your life.
daelyn
a celebrity could be taking a dump at this very moment. [...]

aint it cool.

Yeah, I think about that all the time.
Ah, "stopping to smell the roses." Something I'm told I do too much, or I'm told my head are in the clouds, that I'm off in my own little world; out of touch with reality.

Can you ever "stop and smell the roses." too much? Hmm, I tend to look at the world as a whole, in lots of different lights, in different ways, and even in different hypothetical situations in my thinking process.

It tends to confuse and stump a lot of people, and perhaps sometimes even make me look naive, or on the different end, quite wise. I suppose it's all on how people interpret those ideals of when I tend to teach them about what it was like when smelling those proverbial roses.

But again, I ask. Can you ever stop to smell the roses too much? Or stop to appreciate all that is grand in life? Hmm, many people have a less fortunate life than you, and you should be happy with the one you've got. And then, those less fortunate most often think the same thing you'd be thinking. That in some way, some how...they're far more rich and fortunate than a lot of others.

Aaah, I've gone and done it again; damn it all. I'm a person stuck in the rose-bushes. Tsk.
Thinking about the universe and the populace makes me feel kind of dizzy, but it's good to do it once in a while I guess.
I think that most people have little to no idea that there even ARE roses all around them - and they never stop to take a look. smile

I think that it's important to always be aware of the good things happening around us - as well as the bad things. ^_^
It helps keep things in perspective. smile

Good post! ^_^

-Alezunde
Since there has been nothing to do these days except sit back and relax... I've been thinking about my life and in which direction it would turn. That and how many poptarts it takes to fill the entire Russia.
Emden
That and how many poptarts it takes to fill the entire Russia.

And your conclusion?
Kuronbou Toraneko
Hmm, and right now someone could be sitting in a class in Germany, on gaia instead of doing work. That person has just made you aware of his presance in the world. So nice to meet you. smile

see. that's exactly what i'm talking about ^.^ thanks for making yourself known.
Maiyra
Ah, "stopping to smell the roses." Something I'm told I do too much, or I'm told my head are in the clouds, that I'm off in my own little world; out of touch with reality.

Can you ever "stop and smell the roses." too much? ....

well if you're out of touch with reality too much.. well.. some might see that as a need for psychological intervention lol wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff