Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Phantom

Chances are, they're complaining about their wives, talking about sports (aka: cursing profusely,) or talking about tits. It's the sort of behavior which allows them to blow off steam, but which they would feel awkward doing in front of their wives.

There are similar women's spaces, but because women are typically viewed as weaker, they aren't viewed as being threatening in the same way.

Personally, I don't like exclusionary types of spaces like that. I find they tend to prefer catering only to one type of mindset, and while that's probably comfortable for them, it tends to be at the expense of excluding everybody else. But it's the right of any person to choose their friends any way they want to.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I don't see a problem with having a space for guys to go to like that since women have plenty themselves but some douche will just ruin it for everyone by making theirs into some He-Man Woman Hater's Club.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Plata Plomo y Sangre
Blood Valkyrie
Well, if the stylists only know how to style typically masculine hairstyles, I'd understand. However, they are seriously missing out. I've never in my life men any grown man who went to pay someone to cut his hair. They all do it themselves. As for women, they're more likely to pay money to have their hair done. Women are more fortunate. They have more styles available to them, and those styles are sometimes difficult to achieve without certain skill. s**t, my father is a biker and had long hair for most of my life. He just asked my mother to cut it short one day. He's probably never been to a barber shop.

Perhaps in other places, men going to barber shops is more common, but I'll tell you right now they are just not as needed as they used to be. Most men nowadays now how to use clippers.

So you don't know any men who don't buzz their hair? That's hard to believe.

They buzz their own hair, or keep a hairstyle that requires less upkeep.

EDIT: I'd like to point out that I don't necessarily think a men only barber shop is unfair. I just don't think barber shops in general are as needed.

But, keep in mind, I'm a woman and I've NEVER had my hair done in a beauty salon, NEVER had a professional manicure or pedicure, NEVER learned how to use makeup. I'm a little different from most women around here. While most women around here know how to use makeup, they usually style their own hair, but I have heard of the richer ones going to some city to get their hair done.

Maybe this is a geographical thing and I'm just not aware of how things are done? I was always raised to think that if you pay someone else to do your hair, you're wasting time and money. Meh.
Vestri Umbra
What the heck. How big is the barber's neckbeard?

Naaaaaaah.
Blood Valkyrie
Plata Plomo y Sangre
Blood Valkyrie
Well, if the stylists only know how to style typically masculine hairstyles, I'd understand. However, they are seriously missing out. I've never in my life men any grown man who went to pay someone to cut his hair. They all do it themselves. As for women, they're more likely to pay money to have their hair done. Women are more fortunate. They have more styles available to them, and those styles are sometimes difficult to achieve without certain skill. s**t, my father is a biker and had long hair for most of my life. He just asked my mother to cut it short one day. He's probably never been to a barber shop.

Perhaps in other places, men going to barber shops is more common, but I'll tell you right now they are just not as needed as they used to be. Most men nowadays now how to use clippers.

EDIT: I'd like to point out that I don't necessarily thing a men only barber shop is unfair. I just don't think barber shops in general are as needed.

But, keep in mind, I'm a woman and I've NEVER had my hair done in a beauty salon, NEVER had a professional manicure or pedicure, NEVER learned how to use makeup. I'm a little different from most women around here. While most women around here know how to use makeup, they usually style their own hair, but I have heard of the richer ones going to come city to get their hair done.

Maybe this is a geographical thing and I'm just not aware of how things are done? I was always raised to think that if you pay someone else to do your hair, you're wasting time and money. Meh.

Heh, all the grown men I know keep an edge, and that s**t is not cheap.
Super 9-Volt
I don't see a problem with having a space for guys to go to like that since women have plenty themselves but some douche will just ruin it for everyone by making theirs into some He-Man Woman Hater's Club.

Solution: direct said douche down the street to the local gay bar.
Eteles
Chances are, they're complaining about their wives, talking about sports (aka: cursing profusely,) or talking about tits. It's the sort of behavior which allows them to blow off steam, but which they would feel awkward doing in front of their wives.

There are similar women's spaces, but because women are typically viewed as weaker, they aren't viewed as being threatening in the same way.

Personally, I don't like exclusionary types of spaces like that. I find they tend to prefer catering only to one type of mindset, and while that's probably comfortable for them, it tends to be at the expense of excluding everybody else. But it's the right of any person to choose their friends any way they want to.

I love my generation, we talk to girls about tits and don't give a ********.
Blood Valkyrie
Yeah, my sister tried that with my hair once. My hair was too much for that flimsy piece of technology. Never tried that crap again.
Anyways, as far as i can tell most men here still visit a barber once in a while. I go there two or three times a year.
Yobyaxes R
No surprise. The feminists will always try to infiltrate the male barber shops despite them not having anything of interest to them. Meanwhile, those same feminists wanna keep all men out of salons.
I have never even seen a Salon that only caters to women and every Salon I've ever used has done men as well as women. The stylists are trained to deal with that sort of thing. Which is weird because my bf doesn't trust a woman to handle his hair or beard. I mean, he might have a seriously big beard, but that doesn't mean a female stylists doesn't know how to handle one all of a sudden.

Feral Nymph

I'm curious to know where all of these magic 'women-only' salons are, as I have never been in one in my entire life. It's almost like, outside a few circumstances, they don't actually exist. What most people here seem to think are 'women only' are in fact, simply primarily populated by women. Were the poor, mistreated white male to enter and seek a haircut, he could get one.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PureCocainePureCocaine
Blood Valkyrie
Plata Plomo y Sangre
Blood Valkyrie

EDIT: I'd like to point out that I don't necessarily thing a men only barber shop is unfair. I just don't think barber shops in general are as needed.

But, keep in mind, I'm a woman and I've NEVER had my hair done in a beauty salon, NEVER had a professional manicure or pedicure, NEVER learned how to use makeup. I'm a little different from most women around here. While most women around here know how to use makeup, they usually style their own hair, but I have heard of the richer ones going to come city to get their hair done.

Heh, all the grown men I know keep an edge, and that s**t is not cheap.

How expensive is an edge, by the way? I've never owned one.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The20
Blood Valkyrie
Yeah, my sister tried that with my hair once. My hair was too much for that flimsy piece of technology. Never tried that crap again.
Anyways, as far as i can tell most men here still visit a barber once in a while. I go there two or three times a year.

Really? That's pretty cool. Where are barber shops located? I've never seen one in real life before. Are they close to shopping districts? (not being sarcastic)

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
When Words Collide
Yobyaxes R
No surprise. The feminists will always try to infiltrate the male barber shops despite them not having anything of interest to them. Meanwhile, those same feminists wanna keep all men out of salons.
I have never even seen a Salon that only caters to women and every Salon I've ever used has done men as well as women. The stylists are trained to deal with that sort of thing. Which is weird because my bf doesn't trust a woman to handle his hair or beard. I mean, he might have a seriously big beard, but that doesn't mean a female stylists doesn't know how to handle one all of a sudden.

My mother shaves my dad's face and cuts his hair, but only because he's blind in one eye.
I can understand that the barber shop doesn't cut women's hair simply because they might not be adequately trained to do so and that is okay. What I don't get is why they don't let you sit and wait on a man who is getting his haircut. Super lame.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff