Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I can see the benefits of this, but I really don't see a problem.
S c h a d 3 n f r e u d e
Death Magnificent
low iq 111
dwarfshorty

Quote:
society doesn't need girls to be mothers or boys to fix things in the house so i think it is wrong to buy those toys exclusively for your child unless they enjoy the toys
hmm so I'm curious how would you personally feel if your son wanted a barbie doll or your daughter wanted the set of tools?

i wouldn't care....i thought that was obvious. i would let them play with almost any toy they wanted.... except knives etc of course

Quote:

Quote:
a toddler will play with anything a couple times. i think it is best to buy every child a variety of of toys and have them color with all the crayons and let them dress how they want so that they learn what they enjoy and learn about life in general
I'm sorry i'm not going to buy my son a dress if he wants one, Call me the chauvinist male if you want to but i want my son (if i ever have one) although i agree that i think they should be able to enjoy what they want and learn about what they want and about life but I'm going to teach my son its wrong to wear a dress if your a male. As for a girl hmm that's different. If i have a daughter i want her to grow up a lady and respect herself ( this means if she wore "slutty clothes" then i wouldn't like it) but if she wanted to wear say blue jeans or comfortable clothes i wouldn't have a problem with this (some people think women should wear really feminine things all the time so i felt like i should add this). Now as for stereotypical dude clothes. Like suits and vests and such i would tell her that its wrong but if she chose to do such a thing when she grew up and moved out i would accept her but I'm not going to allow that if she lives with me.(same goes with the male) HOLY LONG ANSWER BATMAN!

you're not letting your son have a dress, why? he is hurting no one or doing nothing wrong by playing with a dress. that is wrong and you will have psychologically messed up children if they actually want to play with dresses but you don't let them for no reason. also, clothes are also just one tiny issue of the entire thing. we always tell girls how cute they are and tell boys how strong they are and the kids catch on and some get annoyed while others just go with it. i talked to a 4 year old girl and she said, "everyone calls me cute". we want to have something other to say to kids other than "you're so cute" because.....looks don't matter . later on a girl will develop an eating disorder because she will be trying to look cute like she has been since she was a toddler. that's just an example. it sounds like you will raise your kids to be a little bit superficial if you tell them boys can't wear dresses and girls can't wear suits. it will mess them up a little psychologically.

Quote:

Quote:
also there is the obvious of when you talk to them you don't punish them for not acting like their gender, etc.
i honestly don't know what i would do if this situation were to arise where there was a severe clash on what my child wants to wear/what i think they should wear. This is something i would have to discuss with whatever woman i was raising said children with. but I'm not going to support of habit for him/her that's way out of normal.

well you have to be firm with children about some things. no violence, etc, for example. but when the action doesn't hurt anyone you should let your kid experiment. the more kids experiment the more they learn.

No violence and dresses? You're going to raise the gayest male child alive.

Oh, and what's more, he's gonna have a huuuuge complex about telling people what sex he is.
Yes, because a boy wearing a dress means that he's gay.

I love how the people debating this topic know nothing about gender and sex, and the difference between the two.
Well, technically, most behavior is programmed into you by forces unknown via a method known as "civilization". Good luck getting past that ********, you'll need to before the differences between sex, gender, or whatever the ******** it is these days becomes irrelevant due to disuse. Which would be cool, you could just do whatever the ******** you want, but mating would be confusing as all hell.
low iq 111
Death Magnificent
low iq 111
dwarfshorty

Quote:
society doesn't need girls to be mothers or boys to fix things in the house so i think it is wrong to buy those toys exclusively for your child unless they enjoy the toys
hmm so I'm curious how would you personally feel if your son wanted a barbie doll or your daughter wanted the set of tools?

i wouldn't care....i thought that was obvious. i would let them play with almost any toy they wanted.... except knives etc of course

Quote:

Quote:
a toddler will play with anything a couple times. i think it is best to buy every child a variety of of toys and have them color with all the crayons and let them dress how they want so that they learn what they enjoy and learn about life in general
I'm sorry i'm not going to buy my son a dress if he wants one, Call me the chauvinist male if you want to but i want my son (if i ever have one) although i agree that i think they should be able to enjoy what they want and learn about what they want and about life but I'm going to teach my son its wrong to wear a dress if your a male. As for a girl hmm that's different. If i have a daughter i want her to grow up a lady and respect herself ( this means if she wore "slutty clothes" then i wouldn't like it) but if she wanted to wear say blue jeans or comfortable clothes i wouldn't have a problem with this (some people think women should wear really feminine things all the time so i felt like i should add this). Now as for stereotypical dude clothes. Like suits and vests and such i would tell her that its wrong but if she chose to do such a thing when she grew up and moved out i would accept her but I'm not going to allow that if she lives with me.(same goes with the male) HOLY LONG ANSWER BATMAN!

you're not letting your son have a dress, why? he is hurting no one or doing nothing wrong by playing with a dress. that is wrong and you will have psychologically messed up children if they actually want to play with dresses but you don't let them for no reason. also, clothes are also just one tiny issue of the entire thing. we always tell girls how cute they are and tell boys how strong they are and the kids catch on and some get annoyed while others just go with it. i talked to a 4 year old girl and she said, "everyone calls me cute". we want to have something other to say to kids other than "you're so cute" because.....looks don't matter . later on a girl will develop an eating disorder because she will be trying to look cute like she has been since she was a toddler. that's just an example. it sounds like you will raise your kids to be a little bit superficial if you tell them boys can't wear dresses and girls can't wear suits. it will mess them up a little psychologically.

Quote:

Quote:
also there is the obvious of when you talk to them you don't punish them for not acting like their gender, etc.
i honestly don't know what i would do if this situation were to arise where there was a severe clash on what my child wants to wear/what i think they should wear. This is something i would have to discuss with whatever woman i was raising said children with. but I'm not going to support of habit for him/her that's way out of normal.

well you have to be firm with children about some things. no violence, etc, for example. but when the action doesn't hurt anyone you should let your kid experiment. the more kids experiment the more they learn.

No violence and dresses? You're going to raise the gayest male child alive.

Oh, and what's more, he's gonna have a huuuuge complex about telling people what sex he is.

look at you trying to be cute. not even dignifying this with a response. get over yourself. you're not funny, f*****t.
I'm serious. You raise your boy that way, he's gonna be one very odd child and maybe a stranger adult. I'm all for early disillusionment as a countermeasure to lifelong illusions, but ******** sake, this is just gonna ******** with his head so heavy. I don't think it's a question of whether or not he's gonna shoot up the school. Rather, what grade will he reach before the endless ostracisation and torment finally snaps his tired, worn psyche?

I'm not a f*****t.

PS: Smart money's on middle school, they're some straight-up assholes.
low iq 111
Death Magnificent
low iq 111
some couple decided to not reveal the gender of their baby/child to anyone for years...i think it's a swell idea!

i was just thinking about this… there is really no point in telling people the gender of your child. what are you telling people when you tell them the gender of your 2-year old anyway? you are are telling them is what is between his/her legs. you also are telling people how to treat your child. but! people shouldn’t treat your child differently whether they are a boy or girl. i would argue gender is irrelevant to a person in early childhood-maybe even at older ages too-but i’m still trying to figure that out. so the only thing you tell people when you tell them the gender of your child is what is between his/her legs…which is no one’s business. the only problem is that this is an unpopular idea and your child will have some struggles if you actually do this. that is why i would do this….but only if i had a support group with other similar parents/children. i would just give my child toys/clothes/haircuts that he or she wanted instead of pandering to his or her gender.

something really disturbing to consider is that ***** would be completely confused if everyone did this. kinda interesting.

discuss

Why be a ******** weirdo about it, though? If it's not a big ******** deal, why not just let anyone who asks know?

lol you're hardcore. because people will treat it differently when you tell them....derp

Oh ******** well, people are assholes and discrimination is a fact of life. Sex-based discrimination is nothing compared to discrimination against the androgynous.
They let their kid decide how to present and identify him/herself. What's the problem? More parents should follow their example instead of freaking out over things such as 3-year-old boys playing with dolls.
Eh...
I don't know how I feel about this. Since it doesn't happen often we don't quite know the impact it will have on the child.
I feel like chromosomes are a big deal, determine brain chemistry and development. While there are cultural assumptions about how each gender should act and what they should want, I feel like they might just be there for a reason. But I am not sure.

Versatile Shapeshifter

11,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
well what if the child is both genders, then technically they can use whichever bathroom they want lol.
I think that isn't a good idea. Your child should know what gender he/she is.

Personaly, I think a better thing to do would be dress it however you feel like a a todler and stuff, and let it play with whatever toys it feels like. When they get older and can express what they like and what they don't like, then you do what they want. Besides, playing with certain toys and dressing a certain way doesn't say how you will grow up.

I grew up playing with things like paintball guns and riding quads and camping alot. I have 4 older brothers so they had alot of that kind of stuff. Sure it influenced me to like what I do, but I can like all that type of things and still dress nice and also like some girly stuff, mainly just dressing up nice.
Well, if they think it's the right way...
To me it isn't. Why should the gender of the kid be hidden?
It doesn't change anything. Yeah, for some years nobody knows if he/she is a boy/girl/whatever but later on it becomes visible, no matter what.
Well, I understand the idea when taking toys into account. On the girl's side everything's pink and full of princesses and on the boy's side there are bulldozers, cars and dinosaurs.

It would be better if they just allowed their kid to play with the stuff it wants to and to wear the kind of clothes it feels comfortable with. Hiding the gender is unnecessary.
Haha Coffee
What an absolutely...*breathe..calm*

Those parents, are not very intelligent in my eyes.
It is interesting but why do you think they are unintelligent?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games