Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright fine, you guys win, although for the life of me I can't understand what it is you're trying to say, except "No, that's not right."

So, please take this space to explain to me why I'm never allowing topic voting again the exact source of your displeasure here. Yes, I understand that male-on-female domestic violence is more common, and a serious problem, and etc etc the ******** more do you want from me.

I guess my specific beef is (or rather, was, I can't be ******** bothered anymore lol) the media's portrayal (and our acceptance of this portrayal) of the specific issue of violence by one sex against the other, in which there's a clear double standard. That's all.
PureCocainePureCocaine
Mostly it's because of the following sexist assumptions:

1. Women are weak.
2. Men are strong.

Usually it's not that people believe that outright; most will claim claim "honor", "custom", or "chivalry", it's the root reason for why striking a female in self defense would violate one of those three. That, and it's the direct reason for the fourth: the got-damn police.

I'm not saying you should go out and hit females, or beat up your girlfriend, or s**t like that, just, I dunno, I just wanted to illustrate that sexism exists and s**t, and, that it negatively impacts all of us.

I could go into the sub-assumptions that come from these two faulty bits of not-quite-logic, but, eh. I'm really not feeling like it right now.

Yeah, I kinda half assed this one.

women are geerally smaller than males (muscles)
Well that is true in some cases.

Tipsy Smoker

My friend just went to jail last week for stabbing her boyfriend so idk.

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hulk smash female.
Graymalkino
PureCocainePureCocaine

1. Women are weak.
2. Men are strong.

Usually it's not that people believe that outright; most will claim claim "honor", "custom", or "chivalry", it's the root reason for why striking a female in self defense would violate one of those three. That, and it's the direct reason for the fourth: the got-damn police.

I'm not saying you should go out and hit females, or beat up your girlfriend, or s**t like that, just, I dunno, I just wanted to illustrate that sexism exists and s**t, and, that it negatively impacts all of us.

I could go into the sub-assumptions that come from these two faulty bits of not-quite-logic, but, eh. I'm really not feeling like it right now.

that's very general
Lady Kariel

All things are true in some cases.
Chahklet

Daaaaaaamn. What'd he do?
PureCocainePureCocaine
Graymalkino
PureCocainePureCocaine

1. Women are weak.
2. Men are strong.

that's very general

i guess but they say all stereotypes have some bit of truth mrgreen

Fanatical Zealot

It's more to do with the fact that I like woman more than men, especially in general, but like, I mean I guess abuse is abuse.

Typically it's hard to get away with either if there's evidence. Can't say I'd ever want to hit a woman, not even in self defense, but I might do some weird grappling thing. If that had a gun I'd whack it out of their hand or something, idk.
Weretindere
Hulk smash female.

Lol
Graymalkino
PureCocainePureCocaine
Graymalkino
PureCocainePureCocaine

1. Women are weak.
2. Men are strong.

that's very general

i guess but they say all stereotypes have some bit of truth mrgreen

doesn't make 'em true
PureCocainePureCocaine
Lady Kariel

All things are true in some cases.

No. A mango is not a vegetable in any case.

Tipsy Smoker

PureCocainePureCocaine
Chahklet

Daaaaaaamn. What'd he do?
He's been beating her a** for 6+ years.
Lady Kariel
No. A mango is not a vegetable in any case.

Put it in a chutney

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces