Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I opened up my Nationstates page this morning (great game, I highly recommend it) and one of the political decisions I could make for my country was this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Me, being the rational person, weighed out each option. Compulsory nudity was right out, people should be free to wear clothes if they decide to. However, was it really morally wrong for somebody to walk around in the nude outside? Maybe it makes children ask their parents awkward questions, maybe we see disgusting obese people nude when we didn't want to, but should society force people to wear clothes just because it makes some people uncomfortable? Then again we need to respect the people who would be uncomfortable living in a society that tolerates public nudity, the people who don't want to see fat naked people walking outside while they drink their morning coffee, and we would be shunning them. There doesn't seem to be a way to make a compromise, I need to make a hard stance. I've had this page open all day because I legitimately am stumped on whether or not I should legalize this.

So, ED, how would you feel about living in a nation with laws that allow unrestricted public nudity?

Adored Admirer

If it makes humans regress, sure.

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
I personally like clothes as opposed to nudity.
I believe we have all grown accustomed to clothes being "proper" or "right"
So must of us see it as a little strange to be nude.
I see it as a bit of a scary thing actually.
Would there be age restrictions on nudity?

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

And of me and my poor eyes, which I would have to rip out...
d a n d y - f a t - c a t

I'm 100% sure I would keep wearing clothes even if public nudity was legalized. Showers and sex are the only times I feel comfortable being naked. Still, maybe it would be progressive. I can't think of a reason why public nudity is wrong besides ugly people, explaining it to children, and encouraging a culture of outward appearance (which we have anyways, but this would encourage it)

Adored Admirer

Archaix_the_Ghast v2
Still, maybe it would be progressive.

Progressive? Like when people used to not wear clothes?

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
Archaix_the_Ghast v2
d a n d y - f a t - c a t

I'm 100% sure I would keep wearing clothes even if public nudity was legalized. Showers and sex are the only times I feel comfortable being naked. Still, maybe it would be progressive. I can't think of a reason why public nudity is wrong besides ugly people, explaining it to children, and encouraging a culture of outward appearance (which we have anyways, but this would encourage it)

I feel so bad when I am naked xD I don't even like being naked for sex all that much. I get sick to my stomach if my belly shows a little bit if my shirt comes up or I am wearing a shorter shirt.
They have nudist beaches and other nudist locations.
Wouldn't you find it awkward for a nude person to strike up a conversation with you on the street? xD
Pseudo-Onkelos
Archaix_the_Ghast v2

Progressive as in getting rid of Dark Age "puritanical" laws that forbid things like tattoos, profanity, etc. Maybe public decency laws are the next thing to go in Archaxia.

Adored Admirer

Archaix_the_Ghast v2
Pseudo-Onkelos
Archaix_the_Ghast v2

Progressive as in getting rid of Dark Age "puritanical" laws that forbid things like tattoos, profanity, etc. Maybe public decency laws are the next thing to go in Archaxia.

Like ancient Greece? One way or another I really don't care. Just as long humans regress and perish.
That's a stupid modern-day question.

Of course I disagree to nudity in public. It's so wrong in so many ways.
Willow_T

But should you be able to limit the freedom of other people to be in the nude in public because it makes you uncomfortable?
Archaix_the_Ghast v2
Willow_T

But should you be able to limit the freedom of other people to be in the nude in public because it makes you uncomfortable?

As I said - a big Yes.
I think public nudity is okay, as long as we shoot all the fat men.

Adored Admirer

The Sky Does Not Bow
I think public nudity is okay, as long as we shoot all the fat men.

Check yo thin a** privilege.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces