Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should Marijuana be legal? Explain your answer below!

Yes. 0.60176991150442 60.2% [ 68 ]
No. 0.23008849557522 23.0% [ 26 ]
I don't care just roll me a blunt. 0.16814159292035 16.8% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 113 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 >

Senshi

No, because we don't want a bunch of stoners everywhere, pot makes you stupid, and if it was legal, imagine all of the people who would take advantage of it, and the last thing this place needs is more stupid people.

Distinct Poster

from blue to
Posties
from blue to
Posties
from blue to
All drugs should be legal for personal use, because the government shouldn't be telling me what I can or can't do to myself.
That reason doesn't suffice.

Why the ******** not? If I can't decide what I do to myself, that's a problem. I am no longer government property; they have no just cause to stop me from harming myself.
You are government property as long as you live in the U.S.A
Everything you have is limited, and all your votes don't really count.
Parent = Government
We the people = The children
You telling your parent, "I THINK I SHOULD HAVE X BECAUSE YOU DON"T CONTROL ME."
Government cares if you hurt yourself, unless you never planned on helping them.

"Because I am X" or
"Because I hold position X."
is not a good reason.

Don't count on marijuana being legalized anytime soon, there are some reasons why it's harmful to the economy regardless of how it makes you or anyone feel.

People as property is essentially slavery. Are you suggesting I am a slave to the government just for living in the country? That's bent.

I am no one's property. The government's job is not the same as a parent's. Regardless of how the government feels or what it does, it has no just cause to control a person's personal decisions so long as those decisions do not harm others.
Nope, but you can think that if you want. I prefer not to think through hyperbole. The governments job is exactly the same as that of a parent, it has been exhibited. You don't have total freedom. You have limited freedom, the freedom you think you have, the free person you think you are is a facade.
Thinking you have total freedom and demanding things should be given to you because you hold a particular position is society will not get you anything. Eliminating things that impede a receptacle is the only efficient way. No matter how much you want pot to be legal, it won't be legal. Why? Because Mexican marijuana is cheaper and they already have quantity on their side.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Heta London
No, because we don't want a bunch of stoners drunkards everywhere, pot booze makes you stupid, and if it was legal, imagine all of the people who would take advantage of it, and the last thing this place needs is more stupid people.

The same logic applies to alcohol. Maybe we should try making alcohol illegal again.

Dapper Reveler

Alexx Demented
Personally, I think weed is less harmful to the body than cigarettes and can actually treat some diseases.
I don't really know why you care about whether or not it's harmful.

Shy Receiver

No, because it already is legal if you think about it.
You can have it, just don't get caught. wink )

Plus, it already has messed up half of the world, or 1/3. xD
JUST ******** DESTROY IT.

Shy Receiver

Ontological Empiricism
Heta London
No, because we don't want a bunch of stoners drunkards everywhere, pot booze makes you stupid, and if it was legal, imagine all of the people who would take advantage of it, and the last thing this place needs is more stupid people.

The same logic applies to alcohol. Maybe we should try making alcohol illegal again.

I agree, because my dad would come home every night drunk and beat my mum. wink )
Plus, all the kids talk about these days it "I got High/Drunk last night."

Kaptain K Rool's Husband

Floppy Member

Chreiya
I think we should make companies making cigs illegal instead.
As much as I don't like the stuff... I'd rather them smoke that, than the giant cocktail of poisons found in a cigarette.

******** that noise. I'd rather people not give me s**t about my lung cancer training.

Lonely Garbage

Posties
Government cares if you hurt yourself, unless you never planned on helping them.

If the gov`t really cared about us hurting ourselves, they wouldn't be poisoning our waters with fluoride.

Distinct Poster

Demon of the 31st Shadow
Posties
from blue to
Posties
from blue to
All drugs should be legal for personal use, because the government shouldn't be telling me what I can or can't do to myself.
That reason doesn't suffice.

Why the ******** not? If I can't decide what I do to myself, that's a problem. I am no longer government property; they have no just cause to stop me from harming myself.
You are government property as long as you live in the U.S.A
Everything you have is limited, and all your votes don't really count.
Parent = Government
We the people = The children
You telling your parent, "I THINK I SHOULD HAVE X BECAUSE YOU DON"T CONTROL ME."

"Because I am X" or
"Because I hold position X."
is not a good reason.

Don't count on marijuana being legalized anytime soon, there are some reasons why it's harmful to the economy regardless of how it makes you or anyone feel.

Some of us aren't happy about the absolute power parents have over children either.
That's fine. You can try to change traditionalism, but first you must change politics association with religion. This includes the former remarks that politicians have embedded into the public.

Distinct Poster

Chreiya
Posties

If the gov`t really cared about us hurting ourselves, they wouldn't be poisoning our waters with fluoride.
The majority of the toothpastes have fluoride, it's everyone's fault including yours. The government certainly cares about us, otherwise who would they make profit off of. neutral

6,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
The20
Ontological Empiricism
The20
Ontological Empiricism
-Kali-La-Fae-
Yes now can we PLEASE stop talking about this.

It has been done to DEATH.

So has abortion and gay marriage. If we rid the ED of the hot issues, we'd probably die of boredom.
We could discuss more important issues, for example why you should all hail me as your new emperor.

Putting that aside, considering latest studies suggest strongly that Marijuana has a negative effect on intelligence it don't see why it should be legal. What i do think should change is the punishment for using and having Marijuana, which seems a bit over the top from my point of view.

Source for these studies? I've seen some that state that marijuana may affect short-term memory, but nothing really about affecting someone's intelligence.

But really, I don't see anything too damaging with marijuana, compared to something like alcohol.
Article from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19372456
Seems this is only true for young users, but then again, how many 30+ old people smoke cannabis?
I really had to lol at this. Drug culture, while glorified in the young communities, is not at all restricted by an age limit. A lot of the argument against drugs in general is that as people age the effects (socially, economically, familial, etc) are more pronounced and harder to rehabilitate. Christ, William S. Burroughs was 45 when he wrote "Naked Lunch", and it doesn't get more vivid than that.

Beloved Lunatic

Posties
Nope, but you can think that if you want. I prefer not to think through hyperbole. The governments job is exactly the same as that of a parent, it has been exhibited. You don't have total freedom. You have limited freedom, the freedom you think you have, the free person you think you are is a facade.
Thinking you have total freedom and demanding things should be given to you because you hold a particular position is society will not get you anything. Eliminating things that impede a receptacle is the only efficient way. No matter how much you want pot to be legal, it won't be legal. Why? Because Mexican marijuana is cheaper and they already have quantity on their side.

I don't give a damn what has been exhibited. I am talking about what the government should do, not what it does. The government is comprised of people chosen to speak for groups of the citizenry. As such, it should have no more say in what I do with my personal time than my neighbor. That it does something does not make it doing that right. The government needs to let people be.

Distinct Poster

from blue to
Posties

I don't give a damn what has been exhibited. I am talking about what the government should do, not what it does. The government is comprised of people chosen to speak for groups of the citizenry. As such, it should have no more say in what I do with my personal time than my neighbor. That it does something does not make it doing that right. The government needs to let people be.
No use speaking to the stereotypical, inexorable, pot head who thinks he/she gets things just by saying "Why not?"
Seriously think more.

Beloved Lunatic

Posties
from blue to
Posties

No use speaking to the stereotypical, inexorable, pot head who thinks he/she gets things just by saying "Why not?"
Seriously think more.

No use speaking to someone who only sees stereotypes and can't comprehend that the drug laws in question are just an example being used to point out serious philosophical problems with the way the government is operated.
Seriously, I think I might just ignore you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff