Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should Marijuana be legal? Explain your answer below!

Yes. 0.60176991150442 60.2% [ 68 ]
No. 0.23008849557522 23.0% [ 26 ]
I don't care just roll me a blunt. 0.16814159292035 16.8% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 113 ]
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 >

Durem Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
Personally, I think weed is less harmful to the body than cigarettes and can actually treat some diseases.

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Yes now can we PLEASE stop talking about this.

It has been done to DEATH.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
-Kali-La-Fae-

So has abortion and gay marriage. If we rid the ED of the hot issues, we'd probably die of boredom.

Lonely Garbage

I think we should make companies making cigs illegal instead.
As much as I don't like the stuff... I'd rather them smoke that, than the giant cocktail of poisons found in a cigarette.

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Ontological Empiricism
-Kali-La-Fae-

So has abortion and gay marriage. If we rid the ED of the hot issues, we'd probably die of boredom.

Ugh yes but At least provide some information on the topic. just asking a question alone should not be enough, it seems like the topics get lazier and lazier with each repetition.

Gaian

Ontological Empiricism
-Kali-La-Fae-

We could discuss more important issues, for example why you should all hail me as your new emperor.

Putting that aside, considering latest studies suggest strongly that Marijuana has a negative effect on intelligence it don't see why it should be legal. What i do think should change is the punishment for using and having Marijuana, which seems a bit over the top from my point of view.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
The20
Ontological Empiricism
-Kali-La-Fae-

We could discuss more important issues, for example why you should all hail me as your new emperor.

Putting that aside, considering latest studies suggest strongly that Marijuana has a negative effect on intelligence it don't see why it should be legal. What i do think should change is the punishment for using and having Marijuana, which seems a bit over the top from my point of view.

Source for these studies? I've seen some that state that marijuana may affect short-term memory, but nothing really about affecting someone's intelligence.

But really, I don't see anything too damaging with marijuana, compared to something like alcohol.

Fanatical Zealot

Ontological Empiricism
The20
Ontological Empiricism
-Kali-La-Fae-

Source for these studies? I've seen some that state that marijuana may affect short-term memory, but nothing really about affecting someone's intelligence.

But really, I don't see anything too damaging with marijuana, compared to something like alcohol.

More importantly, Chronic use slows down reaction time, even when not on the drug; permanent, idk.

But enough to were driving cars and operating heavy machinery is beyond dangerous limits, and it generally slows people down, which is bad in that, it would take them 3-4 times longer to think of something, I.E. lowers intelligence.

The difference is small amounts of alcohol can be okay where as any amount of marijuana is bad.

Small amounts can even be healthy, where as with marijuana it just has very little positive benefit even in small amounts. The danger with alcohol is over use, but it gets flushed out of the system with relatively little use, in a matter of hours. Marijuana might stick around for days or weeks and has long term effects even with small use.
Ontological Empiricism
The20
Ontological Empiricism
-Kali-La-Fae-

Article from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19372456
Seems this is only true for young users, but then again, how many 30+ old people smoke cannabis?

Beloved Lunatic

All drugs should be legal for personal use, because the government shouldn't be telling me what I can or can't do to myself.

Distinct Poster

from blue to
All drugs should be legal for personal use, because the government shouldn't be telling me what I can or can't do to myself.
That reason doesn't suffice.

Beloved Lunatic

Posties
from blue to

Why the ******** not? If I can't decide what I do to myself, that's a problem. I am no longer government property; they have no just cause to stop me from harming myself.

Distinct Poster

from blue to
Posties
from blue to

Why the ******** not? If I can't decide what I do to myself, that's a problem. I am no longer government property; they have no just cause to stop me from harming myself.
You are government property as long as you live in the U.S.A
Everything you have is limited, and all your votes don't really count.
Parent = Government
We the people = The children
You telling your parent, "I THINK I SHOULD HAVE X BECAUSE YOU DON"T CONTROL ME."
Government cares if you hurt yourself, unless you never planned on helping them.

"Because I am X" or
"Because I hold position X."
is not a good reason.

Don't count on marijuana being legalized anytime soon, there are some reasons why it's harmful to the economy regardless of how it makes you or anyone feel.

Beloved Lunatic

Posties
from blue to
Posties
from blue to

You are government property as long as you live in the U.S.A
Everything you have is limited, and all your votes don't really count.
Parent = Government
We the people = The children
You telling your parent, "I THINK I SHOULD HAVE X BECAUSE YOU DON"T CONTROL ME."
Government cares if you hurt yourself, unless you never planned on helping them.

"Because I am X" or
"Because I hold position X."
is not a good reason.

Don't count on marijuana being legalized anytime soon, there are some reasons why it's harmful to the economy regardless of how it makes you or anyone feel.

People as property is essentially slavery. Are you suggesting I am a slave to the government just for living in the country? That's bent.

I am no one's property. The government's job is not the same as a parent's. Regardless of how the government feels or what it does, it has no just cause to control a person's personal decisions so long as those decisions do not harm others.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff