1 100.0% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 26 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12 >

Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
oh those are two different posts, oh well, you're both weird as ********, and probably should head on over to the chatterbox instead.

it's a gas mask and military surplus goggles, get it right. I don't even paintball.
so paintball goggles, also can't blame me for the bad lighting in that basement.

http://i.imgur.com/oCTfJFg.jpg

one of those newfangled above ground basements.
is that a picture from one of your monthly military surplus runs, or stock up on mountain runs?

that, dear sir, is what a chainlink fence looks like at midnight when you take a picture through a quite obviously above ground window in your apartment.

Feral Shade

Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
oh those are two different posts, oh well, you're both weird as ********, and probably should head on over to the chatterbox instead.

it's a gas mask and military surplus goggles, get it right. I don't even paintball.
so paintball goggles, also can't blame me for the bad lighting in that basement.

is that a picture from one of your monthly military surplus runs, or stock up on mountain runs?

that, dear sir, is what a chainlink fence looks like at midnight when you take a picture through a quite obviously above ground window in your apartment.
can't have barbed wire fence in a residential area, I'm calling BS

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Rebeldoomer
This is what I thought of when the George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin happened.

Everyone should be protesting to change police policy instead of protesting the lives of the victums.

New police policy is that an officer must shoot to wound if the suspect has no clear evidence of weapons on him or her.
Only when the suspect has a weapon, then the officer must shoot to kill.

They're not shooting unless they firmly believe they're in danger. You don't take risks after you cross that threshold. Sorry, but once you assault, well, anyone, and they believe they're in danger of losing their lives, whatever happens to you as far as the person defending themselves is your fault
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue

says who?

Feral Shade

Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue

says who?
says residential regulationz
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue

says who?

and i assume that you believe that residential regulations are uniform throughout the entire world?

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
LoveLoud837
Valiant Corvus
Officers can't aim for s**t anyways.

Thought this was just on tv

Nope. Cops are worse shots than Imperial Stormtroopers, by and large.

Feral Shade

Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue

says who?

and i assume that you believe that residential regulations are uniform throughout the entire world?
I was hoping you wouldn't really be interested in regulation knowledge to use that against me... well what city do you live in then? o.o
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
says who?

I was hoping you wouldn't really be interested in regulation knowledge to use that against me... well what city do you live in then? o.o

Nice try, FBI. I'm wise to your shenanigans.

Feral Shade

Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
says who?

you were typing for too long and I already pinpointed your keyboard coordinates buddy, I'm right outside your door. Nice try though.
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue
Pipebracket
Sean D`Blue

you were typing for too long and I already pinpointed your keyboard coordinates buddy, I'm right outside your door. Nice try though.

Yeah right, you and I both know that's totally impos--

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Sean D`Blue
Das Rabble Rouser
In the wake of Officer Wilson's hearing a lot of people who think they know about how to shoot are swearing you should shoot to wound. Specifically I keep hearing about shooting people in the legs. This is stupid and if you believe this then you are stupid.

1. Officers are trained to aim for the center of mass for a reason. It's a bigger target and easier to hit. Legs are a smaller target and harder to hit reliably especially if they're running. If you miss your target you risk your bullet damaging surrounding property or even worse hitting an innocent bystander.

2. A shot to the leg can still be fatal. There's this thing called the femoral artery. If you sever it they will be dead before help can arrive. If they're going to die anyway might as well take the more responsible choice of shooting in the center of mass.

3. Don't depend on a gun to hurt without killing. There are so many options out there like stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, and batons. If you don't want to kill them then don't shoot them. Less lethal options if used improperly can still kill, but they are far less likely.
You could be right, or probably not. I've never shot a gun or researched about a gun so I wouldn't know.

Then you have no business saying "probably not".

Quote:
I don't think I'd would take life or death situation advice on gaia though, to be honest.

Depending on the person, it's every bit as valid as taking it from anywhere else. Especially from Rouser, whom I am associated with outside of Gaia, and you can trust me when I tell you that he's an expert in the field of firearms. One you can trust for this sort of thing.

Quote:
You'd probably want to include links that supports information like this if you want it taken seriously...

What is there to provide a link for? His information hinges on solid logic, not statistics.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Marquessa_De_Sade
You know, I keep hearing all these reasons it is reasonable to shoot to kill over a minor thing. ""he charged the officer(while unarmed) he deserved to be shot" I keep hearing.
Do not shoot to wound(stop) an assailant, draw the gun only to kill.

Actually, it's PURELY to "stop". This may or may not be lethal. Just whatever happens, happens. If they survive, then good on them. If not, then oh well.

Bottom line is, you do not aim to wound. You do not aim to kill. You simply aim to neutralize.

Quote:
No.

I know for fact, a good number of american police are actually trained to "take down" a criminal without killing them. Particularly if there are "innocent civies" around.
And here is the thing..Police all over the world can do it...why cant american police do it?

Simply put, because those cops don't deal with American criminals.

Quote:
Our police here do not even carry a gun unless they are specified to do so. Even then, unless a dire emergency, they are not allowed to fire unless given permission.

Guess what...we do not have stories every other day of someone dieing over reaching for a drivers licensees, 12 year olds being killed and denied first aid, etc.

You also don't have quite so many hardened criminals, chomping at the bit to kill a cop, just because "******** tha po-lice!"

Quote:
There was a story showing a german police officer being charged by an armed assailant. They german officer shot in the leg to "do a take down". Arrested and the man was given a trial.

Glad it worked for him. But the odds were never in his favor. For one, you should never aim for the feet, for the reasons Rouser outlined. It's a hard target to hit, and poses danger to bystanders.

Typically, if you're in position to aim for an extremity, you're not in position to discharge a firearm. Hence, if you're GOING to shoot, you shoot for center of mass. No exceptions.

Quote:
If major forces across the world can do it...why cant the US?

I already explained that. Because we have a very different breed of violent criminals than most of the rest of the world. And our culture, which doesn't shun the very concept of a firearm, allows us to be smarter than that.

Quote:
its not like we do not have crime here. We have youths with knives etc. We have robberies, rapes, attacks, etc.

we do not have the "killer cop" problems though.
Imagine that.

It would help to note that the overwhelming majority of these "killer cop" stories, are intentionally misiterpereted by the media and activist groups, to paint a negative image of police and firearms, alike, even when their actions are within reason, and within the confines of police protocol.

Prime example, that very 12 year old who got shot. The media and activist groups only want you to know that the gun the kid had, was a toy. What they WON'T tell you, is that the toy had the orange tip removed. That orange tip being the SOLE indicator of it BEING a toy. So to anyone not "in on the gag", it was indistiguishable from a REAL gun, even by seasoned experts. Also, the cops specifically commanded the boy to put his hands up. And the boy refused, and instead GRABBED THE GUN! Which the cops could never have known was a toy. Therefore, the only fair assessment of the situation, is to assume that the gun was REAL, and that the boy was going to shoot them. So they shot him, first.

100% by the book. But "they" don't want you to know that.

So when you adjust for all the MISREPRESENTED cases of "killer cops", you really have very, very few actual abuses of power. They're out there, certainly. But they're not nearly as common as YOU are made to believe.

Familiar Poster

6,500 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I mean, lemme just say this.

Mike Brown did not deserve to die. that officer should have been indicted. it was wrong for him to shoot and kill an unarmed teenager. and it was a racially charged murder. I stand by that. I call it as I see it, and that's what it is.

that said, I do think that when you use a gun, you need to use it to kill. it's a weapon, and it's dangerous whether you intend to kill with it or not. so do the responsible thing, and only use your gun if you are going to kill somebody with it.

but I also want to say that if there is not a damn good ******** reason to kill, [b[don't use your ******** gun. so it shouldn't be that officers should shoot to wound, nor should it be that officers shoot to kill. it should be, hands up don't shoot.

and yes, there will be times when you do need to use lethal force. that's why I still support Stand Your Ground Law. but officer wilson didn't have a ood reason to kill. he murdered a kid just because the boy was black. that's the truth of it.

Invisible Phantom

5th Dimension Morning
I mean, lemme just say this.

Mike Brown did not deserve to die. that officer should have been indicted. it was wrong for him to shoot and kill an unarmed teenager. and it was a racially charged murder. I stand by that. I call it as I see it, and that's what it is.

that said, I do think that when you use a gun, you need to use it to kill. it's a weapon, and it's dangerous whether you intend to kill with it or not. so do the responsible thing, and only use your gun if you are going to kill somebody with it.

but I also want to say that if there is not a damn good ******** reason to kill, [b[don't use your ******** gun. so it shouldn't be that officers should shoot to wound, nor should it be that officers shoot to kill. it should be, hands up don't shoot.

and yes, there will be times when you do need to use lethal force. that's why I still support Stand Your Ground Law. but officer wilson didn't have a ood reason to kill. he murdered a kid just because the boy was black. that's the truth of it.
Whether or not Brown deserved to die is irrelevant to the point of the thread. I just mentioned it because in the wake of the verdict it seemed to spark a lot of conversation about shooting to kill vs shooting to wound.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff