Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

Ontological Empiricism
Chahklet
Gurosin of Tyria
I don't give a ********.
The fact that they are allowed to live in neighborhoods is too much in my eyes.
Don't let them do s**t.
Lol I feel this way.

Because everyone on the sex offender registry has done something heinous like rape or child molestation. No one ever has gotten put on the sex offender registry for public urination, or an 18-year-old boyfriend sleeping with their 16- or 17-year-old girlfriend. neutral
It is really not hard to get on the registry. Mooning, streaking or urination in public is a sex crime in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah and Vermont. But yea, ******** those mooners, streakers, and urinators. They shouldn't be allowed to even LIVE amongst the public. rolleyes
Panties in a bunch.
Ontological Empiricism
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism
Chahklet
Gurosin of Tyria
I don't give a ********.

Don't let them do s**t.
Lol I feel this way.

Because everyone on the sex offender registry has done something heinous like rape or child molestation. No one ever has gotten put on the sex offender registry for public urination, or an 18-year-old boyfriend sleeping with their 16- or 17-year-old girlfriend. neutral

It is really not hard to get on the registry. Mooning, streaking or urination in public is a sex crime in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah and Vermont. But yea, ******** those mooners, streakers, and urinators. They shouldn't be allowed to even LIVE amongst the public. rolleyes

While I differentiate the different sexual offenses, I'm seriously trying to figure out this 'making excuses for dumbass actions' that I am seeing.

I don't really find it appropriate to put someone on the sex offender registry for something as asinine as mooning, streaking, or public urination.

When someone sees the words "SEX OFFENDER", they think "rapist" or "child molester". Even an 18-year-old that engages in consensual sex with their 16- or 17-year-old boyfriend/girlfriend, that's a bit much. It obscures the crimes from the real sex offenders that are or can be a danger to others.

The fact that people say "sex offenders shouldn't even be allowed to live amongst the public" shows ignorance, because you can be labeled a sex offender for a number of things, some of which being harmless.

Mooning, urinating in public and streaking are all willful actions undertaken, which involve baring ones sexual organs. Thus...it is a sexual offense, and one that is willfully undertaken. So yeah, you may not like it, but it definitely fits the criteria.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism
Chahklet
Lol I feel this way.

While I differentiate the different sexual offenses, I'm seriously trying to figure out this 'making excuses for dumbass actions' that I am seeing.

I don't really find it appropriate to put someone on the sex offender registry for something as asinine as mooning, streaking, or public urination.

When someone sees the words "SEX OFFENDER", they think "rapist" or "child molester". Even an 18-year-old that engages in consensual sex with their 16- or 17-year-old boyfriend/girlfriend, that's a bit much. It obscures the crimes from the real sex offenders that are or can be a danger to others.

The fact that people say "sex offenders shouldn't even be allowed to live amongst the public" shows ignorance, because you can be labeled a sex offender for a number of things, some of which being harmless.

Mooning, urinating in public and streaking are all willful actions undertaken, which involve baring ones sexual organs. Thus...it is a sexual offense, and one that is willfully undertaken. So yeah, you may not like it, but it definitely fits the criteria.

Quote:
sex crime
A crime, such as rape, molestation, or sexual abuse, involving illegal or coerced sexual activity.

I don't think mooning, urinating in public or streaking fit that criteria.
Mei tsuki7
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism

Quote:
sex crime
A crime, such as rape, molestation, or sexual abuse, involving illegal or coerced sexual activity.

I don't think mooning, urinating in public or streaking fit that criteria.

Depends on the state. I personally have never met a streaker or public whizzer who was listed on a sexual offenders list. I was merely responding to the 'OMG they's all innocent' comment about how they're not sexual. (I find them pathetic. Not sexual.)

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism
Chahklet
Gurosin of Tyria
I don't give a ********.

Don't let them do s**t.
Lol I feel this way.

so you feel that every "dumbass action" requires permanent life-changing consequences for the dumbass? or just the ones that involve pee-pee-parts?

tell me, if you do understand there is a difference between a child rapist and a public urinator, then why do you feel that both should be subjected to the same punishments? how do you justify lumping them into the same category, with the same life-long restrictions?

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism
Chahklet
Gurosin of Tyria
I don't give a ********.

Don't let them do s**t.
Lol I feel this way.

You don't find it a little absurd to put a public urinator and a rapist/child molester in the same category as a sex offender? neutral
EDIT: I saw you answered this question to Keltoi. Please don't repeat yourself. That's unnecessary.
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism
Chahklet
Gurosin of Tyria
I don't give a ********.

Don't let them do s**t.
Lol I feel this way.

so you feel that every "dumbass action" requires permanent life-changing consequences for the dumbass? or just the ones that involve pee-pee-parts?

tell me, if you do understand there is a difference between a child rapist and a public urinator, then why do you feel that both should be subjected to the same punishments? how do you justify lumping them into the same category, with the same life-long restrictions?

Already said I see the difference. Nor do I think that they're both felonies. I thought that was the driving factor on this? Cuz here, they're misdemeanors, NOT felonies. And, as I said earlier, I don't know anyone on the registry for such an act.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism
Chahklet
Gurosin of Tyria
I don't give a ********.

Don't let them do s**t.
Lol I feel this way.

Already said I see the difference. Nor do I think that they're both felonies. I thought that was the driving factor on this? Cuz here, they're misdemeanors, NOT felonies. And, as I said earlier, I don't know anyone on the registry for such an act.
My next door neighbor is on the registry for life because he streaked across a football field when he was a Sophomore in College.
Steam Punk Adept
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism

My next door neighbor is on the registry for life because he streaked across a football field when he was a Sophomore in College.
Due to eighty counts of exposing himself to a minor, I take it?

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Robot Macai
Steam Punk Adept
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ontological Empiricism

About 40, but yeah, something ridiculous like that.
Steam Punk Adept
Robot Macai
Steam Punk Adept
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai

About 40, but yeah, something ridiculous like ********' idiotic. I think he'd be justified in hunting down and killing whoever subjected him to this nonsense. Then again, I have some rather anarchic views sometimes, so...
Easy solution: only restrict those on the list who, you know, HARMED KIDS. A blanket ban is hurting more than helping.
The sex offender registry needs to be thrown out pronto. Sex criminals should be treated no different from any other criminals and should have no other restrictions besides the record.

It's just that the U.S. is obsessed with child protection that the whole society has to suffer. You can steal a car and get a pardon, but touch a 14 year old's flat chest and you can throw that master's degree away 'cause you'll never get a better job than the kitchen at Denny's.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
If a Parent was smart they would go on one of those websites where they can type their address and look for sex offenders in their town, But at least let them decorate their home.. I mean.. WTF

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
XxSeductive_SuccubusxX
If a Parent was smart they would go on one of those websites where they can type their address and look for sex offenders in their town, But at least let them decorate their home.. I mean.. WTF
It's not so much an issue of intelligence as it is an issue of being lazy. Society, since the 70s, has gotten progressively more lazy with each decade. Hell, I was raised in the 80s, and my parents were fairly lax about discipline, but some of the kids I've seen raised in the 90s or the 2000s seem to have none, and most of them are that way because their parents can't be bothered to raise their children, it's too much effort. In fact, look at all the cel phone apps that now exist for Ease of Convenience. I can unlock and start my car from my phone, and do the same with the locks on my house, as well as the lights. Hell, I can even turn on the TV and change the channel with my phone, for when I'm too ********' lazy to pick up a remote. Did I mention the automated backdoor at my mom's house, that she can open and close from her phone to let her dogs out?

No, the issue is that parents are becoming too lazy to raise and watch their kids, they expect society and the government to do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff