Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your position / how will the vote turn? YES = Independence, NO = Preserve Union

I'd vote YES, but NO is going to win 0.26315789473684 26.3% [ 15 ]
I'd vote YES, and YES is going to win 0.29824561403509 29.8% [ 17 ]
I'd vote NO, but YES is going to win 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 3 ]
I'd vote NO, and NO is going to win 0.3859649122807 38.6% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 57 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Fermionic
CuAnnan
DarkSohisohi
Bogotanian
So if this passes do you think that the Union Jack flag will be remade? Would they incorporate part of the Wales flag into the new one?
They could just keep the flag the same for traditions sake.

St. Patrick's Cross is still in there.

Along with some Ireland.

Yeah, but that's the part with the large proportion of Creationists so they can have it.
CuAnnan
Fermionic
CuAnnan
DarkSohisohi
Bogotanian
So if this passes do you think that the Union Jack flag will be remade? Would they incorporate part of the Wales flag into the new one?
They could just keep the flag the same for traditions sake.

St. Patrick's Cross is still in there.

Along with some Ireland.

Yeah, but that's the part with the large proportion of Creationists so they can have it.

At least they're the classically non-Catholic variety.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Fermionic

Catholics are, classically, not Creationists.
CuAnnan
Fermionic

Catholics are, classically, not Creationists.

But they are Catholics.

Backwoods Sage

For anyone outside Scotland who isn't able to watch the coverage, there was a really interesting infographic earlier showing which authorities are predicted to vote which way.
There are areas you can almost bet money on going a certain way - Dundee for Yes, Dumfries & Galloway for No, for example. I think it's going to be Glasgow that really tips it, considering it contains such a massive proportion of the electorate, but it'll probably be one of the last authorities to have a finalised count.

Just heard that, judging by the current count, it's fairly likely to be a No majority in Edinburgh. sad
I watched the documentary series A History of Scotland. Scotland was more or less tricked into joining with England. So maybe they ought to vote Yes.

If only for Sean Connery.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Question: what exactly will change if Scotland becomes free? Will they be a republic?

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Young King under Heaven
Question: what exactly will change if Scotland becomes free? Will they be a republic?

Dependent district.
They're staying in the commonwealth, keeping the queen.
They just don't want to be ruled from Westminster.
Young King under Heaven

It could be a lot. Or it might not be. That will have to be decided. It could throw up several issues up into the air. Do they want to keep the same government? How should that be structured? What's the constitution going to say? What currency will they use? Will they join the EU? Is Scotland going to assume it's fair share of UK debt? And on and on ...

Although Clackmannanshire announce their results about 45 minutes ago. I think it was supposed to be in the YES column, but they voted 46-54% for NO.

Which makes me believe that there's a high probability that the NO camp is preparing their ice buckets for chilling the champagne for when they win.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Orkney and Shetland are for the No camp as well.
The announcements are coming one after another.

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
And somewhere, Mel Gibson is weeping in his kilt... rolleyes

I really did wish the Scots had a little more respect for themselves. It's not like they would be leaving the Commonwealth, after all. But I guess the prospect of losing all that free government subsidy from Westminster made the folk of Scotland skittish. And independence has never been in the Scots tradition.

Congratulations, Ireland. Now you can say that you have more self-respect than the nation of Rob Roy. The decendants of the Dál Riata failed. emotion_awesome
Patton

I really did wish the Scots had a little more respect for themselves. It's not like they would be leaving the Commonwealth, after all. But I guess the prospect of losing all that free government subsidy from Westminster made the folk of Scotland skittish. And independence has never been in the Scots tradition.

Congratulations, Ireland. Now you can say that you have more self-respect than the nation of Rob Roy. The decendants of the Dál Riata failed. emotion_awesome

They're not true Scotsmen, clearly.
Patton

The thought that that scumbag's atrociously inaccurate wankfest of a movie may have influenced a portion of the Yes voters is disturbing.

I'm glad to see that the majority of Scottish people have common sense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff