Welcome to Gaia! ::

First off, don't diss Magic. Magic is awesome. Wizards sucks, but Magic is great.

Second, when did this one get proposed? I just moved out of Washington at the end of May and I hadn't heard about this.

Thank goodness I'm still a WA resident (still have a home in my name that isn't my parents' there, and haven't lived in CA long enough). I'll make sure to mail in my ballot. I don't need this kind of BS affecting my guns back there.
Mister George Kapland
MyNameIsKir
I don't need this kind of BS affecting my guns back there.

Are you a police officer?

If you say anything other than yes. Then this law DOESN'T ******** AFFECT YOU AND IT'S ONLY TO MAKE SURE OFFICERS USE THE GUNS ASSIGNED TO THEM SO AS NOT TO ******** WITH BALLISTICS

God, I ******** hate when stupid ******** people start talking about some s**t and they don't ******** know d**k about it.

At time of posting I'd only read OP's explanation, which should have been clear from context clues. Why don't you go yell at him?

Though a 30 second google search tells me that this isn't just focused on cops. The first result, which is in favor of the bill, does not even mention cops.
http://wagunresponsibility.org/news/yes-on-594-criminal-background-checks-for-private-gun-sales-reduce-crime-and-save-lives/
I clearly have yet to bother to actually know the full details of the situation, but in 30 seconds I was able to point out something that points out that you yourself don't know d**k about it.
MyNameIsKir
Mister George Kapland
MyNameIsKir
I don't need this kind of BS affecting my guns back there.

Are you a police officer?

If you say anything other than yes. Then this law DOESN'T ******** AFFECT YOU AND IT'S ONLY TO MAKE SURE OFFICERS USE THE GUNS ASSIGNED TO THEM SO AS NOT TO ******** WITH BALLISTICS

God, I ******** hate when stupid ******** people start talking about some s**t and they don't ******** know d**k about it.

At time of posting I'd only read OP's explanation, which should have been clear from context clues. Why don't you go yell at him?

Though a 30 second google search tells me that this isn't just focused on cops. The first result, which is in favor of the bill, does not even mention cops.
http://wagunresponsibility.org/news/yes-on-594-criminal-background-checks-for-private-gun-sales-reduce-crime-and-save-lives/
I clearly have yet to bother to actually know the full details of the situation, but in 30 seconds I was able to point out something that points out that you yourself don't know d**k about it.

I read the bill. The problem people generally don't realize is police are required in most departments to purchase much of their own gear. Sometimes that includes guns or back up guns. Additionally, police are among the most avid gun buyers. Almost all the heavy gun owners and shooting range types today are retired law enforcement officers. When i first got into guns, it was the police who guided me to them. That was in California. We found similar groups in Washington. I don't know about the rest of the country, but the west coast gun issue is almost universally saturated with police as the primary users and buyers.

They don't have their 'exceptions to the rule' protections when not making a "department purchase". That basically means the transfer rules apply to them unless they are bleeding out hiding behind a car door in a shoot out. Which is to say, always applies to them - one of the largest gun buyers in the country. Naturally, knowing that their departments also have to enforce all this paperwork... on themselves and their retiring buddies... well, there ya go.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
MyNameIsKir
First off, don't diss Magic. Magic is awesome. Wizards sucks, but Magic is great.

Second, when did this one get proposed? I just moved out of Washington at the end of May and I hadn't heard about this.

Thank goodness I'm still a WA resident (still have a home in my name that isn't my parents' there, and haven't lived in CA long enough). I'll make sure to mail in my ballot. I don't need this kind of BS affecting my guns back there.
This person knows the superiority of the sorcerers.

Hygienic Smoker

+Seems shady as ********, it's not making owning a gun illegal but the transfer of one is, when will people wake up and realize their rights are being shat on

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff