Welcome to Gaia! ::

Doofi3
MissSweet77
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

it is pretty much a religion because its an accepted label they are brandishing. Being something like agnostic isnt as much an extreme, its more realistic, so indentifying as an atheist is like saying without a doubt there are no gods or no reason for religion, which honestly they can't say without a bias, because they don't know, religion is like this also though because its claim something is real when they don't have evidence. So agnosticism is sort of like the middle ground. but also meh.

Wait, are you saying that claiming something there is no proof for make more sense than claiming something isn't real because there's no proof?

Anygay, no. Atheism isn't a religion. It's lacking the belief that gods exist. While I don't believe any gods exist, I, unlike many theists, am willing to admit that I could be wrong.

I'm unsure of what he was claiming, but atheism is a religion. At the very least it functions just like one in most cases.

Awesome, finally an agnostic atheist. I've been wondering where the more moderate atheists were in some of these threads.

But atheism itself is not doing something. That's like saying doing nothing is an exercise regimen, or doing nothing is a plan to get your life on the right track.

I don't know about these forums, but in real life, I usually end up talking to atheists that claim that they have proof gods don't exist. I'm usually like 'Lol, no. No one has any proof either way about the existence of gods. Just stop.'

Dapper Phantom

Religion controls people's minds and behavior. Even if Christian still "sin" they are still part of the "team" that religion is on. It's mostly a political thing.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
MissSweet77

But atheism itself is not doing something.

By definition, this is correct. In practice, that's not (as far as I've seen) usually the case.

MissSweet77
That's like saying doing nothing is an exercise regimen, or doing nothing is a plan to get your life on the right track.

You should look into Daoism. Not to mention the fact that you're always doing something...(whether its consciously intended or not)

MissSweet77
I don't know about these forums, but in real life, I usually end up talking to atheists that claim that they have proof gods don't exist. I'm usually like 'Lol, no. No one has any proof either way about the existence of gods. Just stop.'

Oh yea, I see those all the time, lol.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Pro Life Nymph
Doofi3
I agree, I just didn't want to further validate the troll by adding so much to that one, lol.

Typically when people pull that Inigo Montoya clip up as an only answer, they are indeed a troll. Also that pile of horseshit in your OP was a dead givaway blaugh

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Posts on the world being flat, abortion being "government-sanctioned genocide", and now religion being for stupid people...

When will you learn, ED, not to feed the ******** troll.
Dandrogyny
Religion controls people's minds and behavior. Even if Christian still "sin" they are still part of the "team" that religion is on. It's mostly a political thing.

What behavior though? I mean, I genuinely want to know, because, not for nothin, but I see tons of Christians, Catholics, Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, etc. who do a pretty terrible job of doing what they are told. I gotta ask how strong, if at all, this control is.

Hahaha, team religion? xd Sorry, got this picture of everyone in jerseys and such... In any event, aint that blaming the individual for the actions of some larger affiliation?

Dapper Phantom

As I said, recruiting people for political purposes. Vast majority of the Republican party is some sort of religious.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Love Muffin88
Pro Life Nymph
Doofi3
I agree, I just didn't want to further validate the troll by adding so much to that one, lol.

Typically when people pull that Inigo Montoya clip up as an only answer, they are indeed a troll. Also that pile of horseshit in your OP was a dead givaway blaugh
So, because you disagree with it, and can't support yourself, you must assume trolling? Who's the real troll here? You might wanna look in the mirror.
I didn't expect much, considering your other threads, but goddamn, this is some nice work.

Hilarious Genius

severedDEATHelemental
I didn't expect much, considering your other threads, but goddamn, this is some nice work.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
severedDEATHelemental
I aim to please

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Pro Life Nymph
Old Blue Collar Joe
Doofi3
I don't like your approach to this topic, but I have to say that some of these reasons are why I am not a part of a "major religion." I'm still a part of a religion, but it isn't really an "established" religion.

Oh, and as far as number 2 goes: Not if you're an agnostic *insert religious identifier*.

I get a kick out of the claim that religion is for dummies made by people who can't grasp the fact that some things are beyond our knowing.
Proof that things are and always will be beyond our knowing

Humans have spent probably millenniums on trying to figure out "how" the universe began.

Despite this, we are honestly no closer to the answer today, than we were 1,000 years ago. All we have is something about a large explosion. That's it.

Yes. There are some things that we will never come to understand. Especially given our frailty, and subsequent limited expanse. We're going to go extinct, someday. And it's no stretch of imagination, to say that we'll still have many questions left unanswered, at that time.

Despite the optimist and science fiction fandom belief, humanity has its limits. Including in the interest of knowledge.

Some of us choose to entertain the thought that, while we have our limits, some kind of being in the universe, does not share this limitation. Or, at the very least, not to the same degree as us. We call ourselves "religious".

I, myself, am an unorthodox, non-denominational Christian. I've put my chips on Jesus Christ. That doesn't make me lack for intellect, or scientific reasoning. It just means that I fully acknowledge my human limitations, and simply prefer to think that Jesus Christ did not share them.
"I'm not religious, I'm spiritual," is probably the dumbest cliche I've ever heard.

The main reason people don't like organized religion is because people don't like the idea of rules. What is the difference between an ancient spirituality for which people have spent centuries even many thousands of years studying and reflecting upon and the one you just made up that strangely enough approves of whatever the ******** you do?

Well one doesn't cater specifically to whatever you want.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
black_wing_angel
Pro Life Nymph
Old Blue Collar Joe
Doofi3
I don't like your approach to this topic, but I have to say that some of these reasons are why I am not a part of a "major religion." I'm still a part of a religion, but it isn't really an "established" religion.

Oh, and as far as number 2 goes: Not if you're an agnostic *insert religious identifier*.

I get a kick out of the claim that religion is for dummies made by people who can't grasp the fact that some things are beyond our knowing.

Humans have spent probably millenniums on trying to figure out "how" the universe began.

Despite this, we are honestly no closer to the answer today, than we were 1,000 years ago. All we have is something about a large explosion. That's it.

Yes. There are some things that we will never come to understand. Especially given our frailty, and subsequent limited expanse. We're going to go extinct, someday. And it's no stretch of imagination, to say that we'll still have many questions left unanswered, at that time.

Despite the optimist and science fiction fandom belief, humanity has its limits. Including in the interest of knowledge.

Some of us choose to entertain the thought that, while we have our limits, some kind of being in the universe, does not share this limitation. Or, at the very least, not to the same degree as us. We call ourselves "religious".

I, myself, am an unorthodox, non-denominational Christian. I've put my chips on Jesus Christ. That doesn't make me lack for intellect, or scientific reasoning. It just means that I fully acknowledge my human limitations, and simply prefer to think that Jesus Christ did not share them.
You offer conjecture when I ask for proof....
Proof or you're wrong

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Pro Life Nymph
black_wing_angel
Pro Life Nymph
Old Blue Collar Joe
Doofi3

You offer conjecture when I ask for proof....
Proof or you're wrong

There is no proof. For either side.

It is equally unfounded to say that humans have no limits, as it is to say they we do. There is nothing to prove either way, without a doubt. Humans have certainly advanced, significantly. But that is not to suggest that we are without limits. And given that our existence has its own limit, well...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff