Welcome to Gaia! ::

What will he do?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 16, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

stare My B/F is going to be a marine when he graduates high school.....Is he going to forget me when he goes to basic training? or Will he be deployed to Iraq and die? before we get the chance to get married and have babies and raise them and live our lives together? I'm really scared, I love him so much!!! crying
Being as random people off the internet will know what some equally random and unknown person will do based on a pit of grammar lacking.
Don't worry, something like 99% of high school relationships don't last much longer than high school.
This isn't really ED material. Try Life Issues.

If he really loves you, he shouldn't leave you. oO; As for the Iraq thing, I wouldn't know.
Don't worry about it too much, your relationship probobly won't last past highschool anyways. If it does, yes, he probobly will decide thhat it's time for him to move on once he's in the service. Military service isa a live changing thing, You aren't the same person when you get out of it.
If he's worth it at all, he'll let you down gently an let you know thhat he loved you, but he just dosen't think that it can work out. And if I'm sure you'll find a way to keep your fond memories him where they belong and move on.

As for the Marines thing....don't worry. From what my friends that recently got back from Iraq have told me he's probobly got a much bettter chance of getting hurt doing something stupid, or being injured when a prank someone plays on him goes wrong; than of being hurt in combat.
Sinister Kung Fu
Don't worry, something like 99% of high school relationships don't last much longer than high school.

What do you mean don't worry? that just makes me worry more that our relationship will be like that! Thanks for the added stress..... stare crying
flwrgurl10913
Sinister Kung Fu

What do you mean don't worry? that just makes me worry more that our relationship will be like that! Thanks for the added stress..... stare crying

At your age, you shouldn't be that serious about any one person.
Just as an added confidence booster, the majority of the high school relationships that do last long enough to become a marriage, end in divorce, usually very shortly after the marriage.
You people are depressing!!! He already told me he was going to marry me b4 he went to basic training and we were going to have babies and live our lives together i was just doubting it but you guys are sooo depressing. He loves me way too much and he said he would cinsoder suicide if we ever broke up, I would too....I love him soo much and i can see me spending the rest of my life with him he is my soul mate we are alike in almost every way and we can finish each others sentences and we are perfect for each other he is the one i wanted to see what you all would say but had i known you would say stuff like that i would not have even said anything talking that way should be a crime!! scream scream scream scream scream scream
Ok...you need more options in your poll

And then there's the thing about the marriage and babies. How do you know that you'll end up marrying him and having a family? Many things can happen between then and now. PLUS you're still in high school...so I really don't think that is something you should be worrying about right now.
You don't sound mature enough to sustain a relationship through those sorts of conditions.

Going into the Marines doesn't mean he doesn't love you, though.

... Most boys who wanna go into the Marines are stupid, though, so I have little sympathy.
Life Issues
I don't mean to be harsh, but the poll is kind of pointless. No one knows what the future holds, especially at such a young age, and with such unpredictable circumstances. If you don't know it yourself, don't expect others to be able to predict it for you. All you can do is hope for the best and do what you can.
Here's most likely what's going to happen:

He'll go to boot camp, where he will only be allowed minimal outside contact for 12 weeks. ( 1 phone call a week if he's lucky).
Once he's out of boot camp, he'll get stationed somewhere, and have very little to no choice at all of where he goes.
He may keep in touch for a little while, but after going out and getting drunk and picking up hookers with his marine buddies to fight the loneliness, the stress of a long distance relationship will be too much and you'll break up. Then you'll both move on with your lives, after realizing that it was just a stupid high school relationship, and find someone else.
This might be the test for your relationship. If you can withstand this, then you don't need to worry about anything the future might throw at you, and if you don't then you know you didn't care about eachother as much as you need to for marriage. Try to think of it as a good thing.

If you'll love him, you'll realise that if he loves you he probably won't forget you. And, if you love him, you'll let him do what's best for him.
flwrgurl10913
You people are depressing!!! He already told me he was going to marry me b4 he went to basic training and we were going to have babies and live our lives together i was just doubting it but you guys are sooo depressing. He loves me way too much and he said he would cinsoder suicide if we ever broke up, I would too....I love him soo much and i can see me spending the rest of my life with him he is my soul mate we are alike in almost every way and we can finish each others sentences and we are perfect for each other he is the one i wanted to see what you all would say but had i known you would say stuff like that i would not have even said anything talking that way should be a crime!! scream scream scream scream scream scream

That's lovley. Things change.
Especaly at your age, I'm going too assume by how you type and your bahavior that you're very young.
I knwo you think you're going to be together forever, everyone at your age does. But then the grow up and realize that isn't what they really want anyways.
Don't get too set on it. Be willing to accept what happens. Don't fear teh future.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff