Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who do you think will be elected?

Barack Obama 0.82142857142857 82.1% [ 23 ]
Mitt Romney 0.17857142857143 17.9% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Fanatical Zealot

1. Regulate banks much harsher. They "borrow" money from the government, they borrow our funds to defend themselves (safes, police responses etc.), they use government personnel and they make 10 times more than the housing industry and the pay for NOTHING and have no difficulty producing houses. They make money for having money and the government gives it to them- hold banks accountable, let them collapse on their own in the free market? Oh, okay, let's let the banks go, and everyone's live's saving, good call.

No, at the bare minimum, we need government loans for housing and cars, as well as student loans. The money already comes from the government, we just cut out the middle man and everyone's money is saved; DOUBLE, what they usually spend. Public transportation, rent, housing and buying cars goes to nothing. Artificially inflated costs due to banks putting in INSANE interest rates and basically holding everyone's bank accounts hostage; ******** that. Government provide loans, which it has TONS of money and already is the bank to the bankers, will give them free money in a giffy, and bail outs, already gives away hundreds of billions for free so audited loans (as in, how much you make a year, the model and make of your car and house etc. to determine whether or not you can buy say a million dollar home) ******** that, stop this 200% interest rate crap.

If you want to borrow 1 million but the government won't let you due to the fact how much you make a year doesn't look like you cold pay it back? Go get a private loan, it will still be around, but for 99% of people make 99% of what we pay HALF.

That doubles the money in our economy overnight because of LOGISTICS. Do you realize what that would do?

2. Thorium. Even liquid salt reactors have the potential to be 10-11 times cheaper and with the advent of sub-critical proton accelerator designs it may be far more than 200. Everything uses energy, from cars to drilling to making food, and if it all that was provided for, blam, pressure off the market.

Some cancer treatments, the most expensive, such as proton radiation therapy, would be way cheaper due to the high energy costs, and MRI scans, the more expensive things, not only lowering medical bills but government payed medical bills. We can help everyone and not raise money because it will be cheaper; simple as that.

Carbon fiber will become as cheap as steel due to it's high energy cost etc., which will make cars 3-5 times more fuel efficient I.E. 60-100 mpg cars, which could also be electric which that kind of efficiency and with the decreased cost of thorium, whippee- 3-5 times the battery life, range and a host of other factors without decreasing the safety or size of our cars.

A lot of things are only expensive due to their energy costs, such as turning lead into gold. With the energy costs practically removed, say 100 times cheaper, we can do impossible things, like make lead into gold and make a profit, save money on electronics like Iphones, or simply reduce everyone's yearly bill a few thousand dollars so they have MORE money to spend, gasoline, natural gas and electricity included.

Everyone could use electric heating, and water heating, and all of that, and it would be practically free due to the lowered prices; even if 10 times cheaper it would out do pretty much all of everything right now. It's the way to go.

No chance of a melt down, either.

3. Switch over to copper surgery equipment to prevent the spread of infections and super bacteria etc. a number of cool things you can do.

Pick up mail when in town. : P

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Steam Punk Adept
Dion Necurat
xosowneb
I don't really know. I feel kind of braindead after watching it.

I certainly feel that Romney ought to be elected, though. Obama's had his chance, and his ideas for the economy aren't doing any good. Obama made one point that some number of jobs were created under his presidency, but Romney pointed out that those jobs were created in the private sector, not by the federal government.

To be fair, a lot of those ideas went through a legislative branch that cares more about mafia-esque family wars than actually getting their s**t together. So it isn't really surprising to see that those ideas didn't come to fruition.
That, and many of them had to go through a Republican run House that refused to let ANY Obama supported bill through

Obamacare got through, was passed without a single republican voting for it, and yet was still gutted by means of concessions made to appease republicans.

to rephrase: when given the choice between doing what they felt was right for the American People and throwing those same American People under a bus to appease Republicans ( with absolutely nothing to potentially gain from doing so ), the Democrats in congress chose to appease Republicans.

why could that get through, but nothing else could? it wasn't because of the appeasement, because it passed with zero republican support.

in the end, it seems to show that the real goal here has been appeasing Republicans, and to Hell with the people

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Eye Laws Dug Aim
xosowneb

I also feel that regardless of what happened during former president Bush's terms, Obama should be able to take the necessary steps to assure we make a full economic recovery. Saying "it's not our fault, we couldn't help it" is not something you look for in a leader of a country like ours. If something needs to be done, you get it done

on the one hand, Obama did inherit a s**t-ton of trouble, more than any one man could fix in four years

on the other hand, he acknowledged that before he inherited it, then proceeded to promise to fix it in those four years, then demand that we were the ones being unreasonable for pointing out that he promised to fix it, then proceeded to do not a single thing about it.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
I will say that Romney did do an excellent job in the debate last night, but it doesn't change my choice to vote for Obama. While the economy is certainly nowhere near where we would like it to be, the fact that we are still floating while Europe collapses and China slows down gives me enough confidence to keep supporting the president instead of hoping some new plans will radically change things. I'm also not particularly interested in getting stuck in a war with Iran, I'd rather let Israel deal with it's problems on it's own instead of depending on us to hand-hold the country.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Keltoi Samurai
Steam Punk Adept
Dion Necurat
xosowneb
I don't really know. I feel kind of braindead after watching it.

I certainly feel that Romney ought to be elected, though. Obama's had his chance, and his ideas for the economy aren't doing any good. Obama made one point that some number of jobs were created under his presidency, but Romney pointed out that those jobs were created in the private sector, not by the federal government.

To be fair, a lot of those ideas went through a legislative branch that cares more about mafia-esque family wars than actually getting their s**t together. So it isn't really surprising to see that those ideas didn't come to fruition.
That, and many of them had to go through a Republican run House that refused to let ANY Obama supported bill through

Obamacare got through, was passed without a single republican voting for it, and yet was still gutted by means of concessions made to appease republicans.

to rephrase: when given the choice between doing what they felt was right for the American People and throwing those same American People under a bus to appease Republicans ( with absolutely nothing to potentially gain from doing so ), the Democrats in congress chose to appease Republicans.

why could that get through, but nothing else could? it wasn't because of the appeasement, because it passed with zero republican support.

in the end, it seems to show that the real goal here has been appeasing Republicans, and to Hell with the people
Note that "Obama"care (which is NOT the name, just FYI) was passed PRIOR to the midterms, when the Democrats still had a majority control of the House.
Keltoi Samurai
Eye Laws Dug Aim
xosowneb

I also feel that regardless of what happened during former president Bush's terms, Obama should be able to take the necessary steps to assure we make a full economic recovery. Saying "it's not our fault, we couldn't help it" is not something you look for in a leader of a country like ours. If something needs to be done, you get it done

on the one hand, Obama did inherit a s**t-ton of trouble, more than any one man could fix in four years

on the other hand, he acknowledged that before he inherited it, then proceeded to promise to fix it in those four years, then demand that we were the ones being unreasonable for pointing out that he promised to fix it, then proceeded to do not a single thing about it.

Gonna call you on that. Reagan inherited a pretty damn similar situation, and made noticeable impact in his first three years against what he'd taken in, which is why he got a second term.
Obama may have made a few unrequited promises. Everybody does. At least he has some semblence of sanity.
Sikhatra
Let's just admit it. Romney kicked a** last night. Obama sputtered and rambled his way through the debate, desperately fending off attacks throughout the entire period. He looked and sounded tired. I got the impression that he didn't want to be there. He certainly wasn't very prepared. Must be because he's been working so hard on the deficit for us. rolleyes
you just repeated everything I seen one the news this morning. Lol Fox News and CNN that is lol. I only say this because it as if you coped and pasted there words lol

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Eye Laws Dug Aim
xosowneb

Gonna call you on that. Reagan inherited a pretty damn similar situation, and made noticeable impact in his first three years against what he'd taken in, which is why he got a second term.
The difference in the case of Reagan, is that he didn't have an opposition party in control of the House of Senate, who absolutely refused to make a deal, even if he offered concessions.

But there's no sense arguing with you over this. One has only to look at your Signature to understand that you're biased against anything Obama.

Fanatical Zealot

Keltoi Samurai
Eye Laws Dug Aim
xosowneb

Pssft, I could have. xp
You know I don't know if anyone noticed this but one Romney bs a lot of the is fake "facts" and then said Obama was the one bs the facts. Look it up that is bullshit in an of it self. Two if that debate happen on here Romney would have been a border line troll. He lied and act Obama the whole time that's not a debate from what I know. But maybe a debate isn't putting out your ideas and the facts that can be sourced and verified to know its not bullshit. Romney took the low road and acted Obama didn't he made his point and talk to people like I believe a candidates should do this not try to fight each point fingers and thought mud. Romney wouldn't give us s**t on what his plans are. This is just part of the problem with pick a "winner" so to speak. On content Obama did what he was needed to get his ideas out there. Romney played the big shot on camp and and just said well Obama did this and Obama didnt do this.
Both of these globalist sock puppets make me sick, but Obama didnt threaten to kill Sesame Street. I am laughing at Obama 'losing' the debate in the eyes of the media. In just, that Im sick of all the blind Obamabots trying to bully people into voting Obama. Today a girl was kicked out of school for wearing a Romney shirt, one more illustration of how 'tolerant' some Obamabots are(and no I do not support Romney and in fact loathe the GOP)

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/04/14220157-pa-student-who-wore-romney-shirt-teacher-told-me-to-get-out-of-the-classroom#comments

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Eye Laws Dug Aim
xosowneb

rephrase, then:

"on the one hand, Obama did inherit a s**t ton of trouble, the kind that would have taken a Herculean effort for one man to fix in four years, enough that most wouldn't expect it to get fixed in that time.

on the other hand, he acknowledged that it would be difficult to fix before he inherited it, then proceeded to promise to fix it in those four years, then demand that we were the ones being unreasonable for pointing out that he has made no progress toward fixing it when he had campaigned on the fact that he could do it."

really my whole point is that it's a bit much to expect one man to have the whole thing squared away in four years, but even so, he promised to have it squared away in four years, knowing full well how it was beforehand, and then proceeded to d**k around and do nothing toward said promise. I'd'a probably been more forgiving if he'd've actually made an effort, here, instead of promising one thing, then when called on it, responded with "Well, y'see, the Republicans . . . err . . . eight years of Bush . . . umm . . . these things take time . . . well . . . it's not my fault!"
Sikhatra
Let's just admit it. Romney kicked a** last night. Obama sputtered and rambled his way through the debate, desperately fending off attacks throughout the entire period. He looked and sounded tired. I got the impression that he didn't want to be there. He certainly wasn't very prepared. Must be because he's been working so hard on the deficit for us. rolleyes

I agree, it was a train wreck. I wonder how the Obama bots will spin it?

It's fun as I have no stake in it. I can't stand either candidate, though I just like seeing the smarmy smug Obamabots take a lickin'.
Steam Punk Adept
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Eye Laws Dug Aim
xosowneb

The difference in the case of Reagan, is that he didn't have an opposition party in control of the House of Senate, who absolutely refused to make a deal, even if he offered concessions.

But there's no sense arguing with you over this. One has only to look at your Signature to understand that you're biased against anything Obama.

Obama doesn't make concessions. He tells you what he offers, even if it ain't what you want.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff