Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Smoker

I'm feeling great, first topic to be banned from for having an opinion that differs from the OP

Firstly I want too say that I do not share the same views as the corporation Hobby Lobby, nor do I care what their views are. As long as they are running a tight ship, legally of course, then I do not see a problem with a private business running with the image they want to maintain christian or not.

i'm not entirely sure what response it was that qualified me to be banned from the topic, but I can say this, your rights are NOT being violated by this. People seem to forget that if a business makes a move you don't like then you simply stop going there. Businesses rise and fall depending on the market. If sales drop, then the stores fix muck-ups, or they crash and burn.

Also, business owners have the right to run their stores in alignment with their religious views, it's called an image. If they have a certain image they want the stores to run by so be it. No one put a gun too your head and say "you ********' work here or else", or "if you don't buy our s**t, we will gut your family".

In short, I agree with the courts ruling, and hope others follow suit, because we as Americans have the right to tell big brother when they are crossing a line. Be it religion, or any other topic, we don't work for the government, they work for us. And if you feel like running your business into the ******** ground because you wanted to keep whatever values you may have left. Then you have the right to do so, whether or not the people like it, they can easily take their business elsewhere.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Yeah, who needs civil rights? The free market takes care of all inequalities naturally. emotion_omnomnom

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Shpleck
In short, I agree with the courts ruling, and hope others follow suit, because we as Americans have the right to tell big brother when they are crossing a line. Be it religion, or any other topic, we don't work for the government, they work for us. And if you feel like running your business into the ******** ground because you wanted to keep whatever values you may have left. Then you have the right to do so, whether or not the people like it, they can easily take their business elsewhere.
Would you feel the same if Hobby Lobby was instituting Sharia Law?

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Do like everyone else:
1. Make mule.
2. Go back to topic.

Now there's two threads about the same inane s**t; lel.
That all of us should be free to conduct our business without compromising our basic moral beliefs < pay for muh sex life

Lib logic.

Heroic Hero

A Mythic Angel
Shpleck

How does not giving some contraceptives equate to forcing Sharia Law upon people?

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
A Mythic Angel
Shpleck

Is Sharia Law recognized in the United States as a law that can be carried out?
Smithnikov
Yoshpet
Yeah, who needs civil rights? The free market takes care of all inequalities naturally. emotion_omnomnom

I mean, we saw how great a job it did in the early 20th. Why, every business that refused to serve blacks in the south especially, they went under in short order and all failed!

Didn't they?

I mean, a market in which business are required by law to segregate customers is free.

Isn't it?

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Ruling was wrong, religious exemptions should not exist. If the law is fine in its own right for others to follow then it should be for the religious as well. No special rights for the religious.
Smithnikov
Lucky~9~Lives
Smithnikov
Yoshpet

I mean, we saw how great a job it did in the early 20th. Why, every business that refused to serve blacks in the south especially, they went under in short order and all failed!

Didn't they?

I mean, a market in which business are required by law to segregate customers is free.

Isn't it?

Oh yea, that's right. Lord knows those poor business owners, they WANTED to serve black people so badly, they fought SO HARD against their state and local governments to change those laws, didn't they?

Funnily enough, I had the same nitpicking with GSK.
- wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces