Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Gotta say, I'd ratha' much not die. And if'n I live from th' experience I could possibly kill th' one who did it, can't kill someone fer vengeance if'n yer dead........ unless ye become a ghost afta' death....

I change me mind, I'd ratha' be murda'd fer th' sole purpose o' becomin' a vengeful spirit that haunts people

Darkesu's Darling

Boxed Yaoi
in basically every society, murder is treated as the worst crime possible to commit
but personally, i feel that rape is a much more heinous and disgusting crime

murder is a crime that can be committed out of anger, out of love, out of fear, out of jealousy, out of boredom and even by accident or in self-defence.
rape however, is a crime with a singular motive; forcing yourself upon an unwilling participant for your own sexual satisfaction
you cant accidentally have sex, you have to be fully aware of what you're doing if you force yourself upon another
this is why i believe rape is worse than murder
another reason is that at least in murder, thats it, you're dead and nothing worse can happen
discuss?

please note this topic is not in anyway meant to offend any persons or parties or to defend the crime of murder which is serious crime
also, if this topic is inappropriate or insulting or not allowed to be discussed, please inform me and i shall delete it
please treat this topic seriously, im genuinely curious to hear what others believe
thank you
Rape isn't only committed just for sexual satisfaction, there are many other motivations people have for raping another human-being. You can accidentally have sex if you're under the influence of chemicals, which alter your perception; sometimes people consume things without entirely knowing what's in them. Many would rather experience rape and live opposed to being murdered; a slow, painful death can be far worse than being raped.
Rape subjects you to a feeling of powerlessness, humility, and fear that perpetuates for years--murder seizes everything and never gives you the opportunity to gain it back. A scarred story is much better than one forgotten.

Dangerous Businessman

I agree. I believe any decision very much depends on the nature and method of the murder, hahaha!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Loiterer

Both rape and murder can be committed from those emotions listed. Rape is often used as a punishment as well, and both can be showings of power.
I still can't decide which is worse to be honest. It would have to depend the scenario, like how how badly/slowly one is murdered or how badly one is raped for me to decide.
A lot of people who have been raped say they rather just have died. Being raped is also a life long scar.
Hidden Path
Getting raped to death would be the worst talk2hand
That's what I said. +1

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
You assholes are actually saying that anyone who has been raped is better off dead.

Are you ******** high?

Jesus, what's wrong with you?
Murder is worse.
I could be raped and it wouldn't phase me, I'd only be worried about possible stds and pregnancies. Murder would be the removal of all my memories far worse.

While we're on topic, I'm also wondering why some people think rape is infinitely worse based on age. Calling for life setences, torture and even death depending on age of the victim. I believe all citizens deserve equal protection by the law, and not age based discriminatory punishment.

Tipsy Smoker

hahahalolwutccl
You assholes are actually saying that anyone who has been raped is better off dead.

Are you ******** high?

Jesus, what's wrong with you?
I thought that at first, but I think the view is "I would rather be dead than raped." If they are talking about personally happening to them then I can understand it. But not all victims feel this way. And I hope all victims go on living and can draw strength from it rather than let it ruin them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff