Welcome to Gaia! ::

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
King Halloween

I am going strictly off what others have said further up in this thread and their personal reasons for choosing being murdered over being raped--so you can take your questioning to them.

What does the uniqueness of living a life have to do with being murdered? Seriously? Let's see. If you would choose being murdered over being raped theeeeen you're not living anymore.

Well...yeah. You stop living. So what? Being alive is great, and all...but you're going to die, sooner or later, anyway. So what's the difference?

Quote:
And I doubt there is another experience out there like ya know... Living? Thus it is unique.

What does that have to do with murder being worse than rape? Rape is pretty unique, as well, I'm told.

Quote:
What does physical pain have to do with emotional trauma? People have different tolerances for each. To compare your example to rape is unequal at best. But to humor you, of course I'd still choose to live. There are ways of dealing with any trauma be it counseling, therapy, medication.

And that's your own personal decision. That doesn't make someone else wrong for making one they find better suited for their interests. Me? If it ever came to rape or murder, I'll take the bullet. Hands down. I've done more than my fair share of kicking the Grim Reaper in the pelvis. I'll call it a good game.

Quote:
I am not misunderstanding the point of this thread, I am touching back on other people's responses which you would know if you had read the full discussion.

I'm not reading pages and pages of other people's responses, for the sake of reading them. I'll focus on the ones that stick out to me. Like yours.

Quote:
People have been saying they would rather be murdered than be raped.

Yeah. And?

Quote:
Finality of life is typically a bad thing unless you're already suicidal or a nihilist.

But why is it so bad, when it's inevitable, anyway? Life is only as valuable as we make it. It's all vanity.

Quote:
I agree, release from suffering aka euthanasia can be moral and a good thing. Not being strong enough to work through emotional trauma... Not so much.

So...physical pain is "Oh, you poor thing..." but emotional scars are "suck it up, wimp..."?

Spoken like a true 13 year old...

Familiar Friend

black_wing_angel"

So...physical pain is "Oh, you poor thing..." but emotional scars are "suck it up, wimp..."?

Spoken like a true 13 year old...[/quote]

you saying th
8nvi9efw:0="black_wing_angel"

you saying this...

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
low iq 111
black_wing_angel"

you saying th
8nvi9efw:1="black_wing_angel"

you saying this...

Damn. And I thought KH was gifted at ******** up the posting code...

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
King Halloween

Anyone who believes that rape is worse than murder is either:
1. An over-prideful person who believes that if they became a traumatic victim, they'd be better off dead.
2. Is a weak-willed person who doesn't give themselves enough credit to overcome the obstacles that life throws at them.
3. Does not appreciate the true uniqueness and value that comes with living a life (you only get one).

I simply can't understand how someone could choose permanent and ultimate death over being raped. Understand, that I am by no means trying to demean the severity of rape or the effect it has on its victims but to choose death instead is essentially saying 'Yeah, I've had some really good times in my life and then I got raped so nothing good can ever happen to me again so I guess I'll just die now X.X'

Rape is inhumane and monstrous but death is final. There are NO more potential good times after death. That's it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Since I'm one of the people that you so kindly slapped into three categories, all of which I disagree with, by the way, I'll explain my thinking on my decision. Maybe it'll help you understand why, at least I, chose what I chose.

I am neither an over-prideful person nor someone who doesn't value their own strength. I've dealt with a lot of crap and I am stronger for it. I do value life, but I don't value a life filled with sadness, pain and hurt. I want a good life as I'm sure everyone does. This is to say NOTHING about victims or their choices. This is purely my point of view and my perspective, please do not take it any other way.

Having been the victim of both rape and molestation at points in my life, I know the after effects of rape all too well. Knowing that, if given the choice, I would choose death over rape. The reason for that decision is the same reason rape is so traumatic. When someone is raped, all control over their body is taken from them forcefully. This is something that A LOT of people take for granted. If given the choice, I would choose death. This is because I choose to not let my body be violated. It's MY choice. I'm taking the choice of rape from them and I am choosing to not let it happen. If my only option is death, then that's the option I'm going to take. That's not to say that if I was raped, I would then commit suicide. I thought about it a lot in the years after my rape, but I never did it for the sole reason that I had my then-boyfriend struggling to help me and my sister to talk to. If I had not had them, I would've killed myself. I know this because they were the only things pushing me along and keeping my head above water.

Even if death is permanent and scary for some, I do not believe it is filled with anything good nor bad. I think when you are dead, you are just dead. You don't hurt, you aren't happy, you aren't sad either. It doesn't scare me. What scares me is losing control of my body, even for a time. In the end, it comes down to choosing and I choose to not let it happen again. And I'll go down fighting with a smile on my face should something like that ever happen again. And I'll have chosen to go down that way too. It's about choice. It's MY choice. Even if it's a shitty alternative that takes my life, it's my choice.

I am that terrified of rape. I am that terrified of molestation.

Dangerous Businessman

What does that have to do with anything I said? O.o No where did I say anything about living forever haha. I implied that I'd choose life over, ya know... Being murdered...

low iq 111
King Halloween

1. An over-prideful person who believes that if they became a traumatic victim, they'd be better off dead.
2. Is a weak-willed person who doesn't give themselves enough credit to overcome the obstacles that life throws at them.
3. Does not appreciate the true uniqueness and value that comes with living a life (you only get one).

I simply can't understand how someone could choose permanent and ultimate death over being raped. Understand, that I am by no means trying to demean the severity of rape or the effect it has on its victims but to choose death instead is essentially saying 'Yeah, I've had some really good times in my life and then I got raped so nothing good can ever happen to me again so I guess I'll just die now X.X'

Rape is inhumane and monstrous but death is final. There are NO more potential good times after death. That's it.

anyone who wants to keep living forever is prideful

I respect your opinion and experience (and the reasoning behind it) on the matter. I disagree, but respect it nonetheless.

Mik Laid
King Halloween

Since I'm one of the people that you so kindly slapped into three categories, all of which I disagree with, by the way, I'll explain my thinking on my decision. Maybe it'll help you understand why, at least I, chose what I chose.

I am neither an over-prideful person nor someone who doesn't value their own strength. I've dealt with a lot of crap and I am stronger for it. I do value life, but I don't value a life filled with sadness, pain and hurt. I want a good life as I'm sure everyone does. This is to say NOTHING about victims or their choices. This is purely my point of view and my perspective, please do not take it any other way.

Having been the victim of both rape and molestation at points in my life, I know the after effects of rape all too well. Knowing that, if given the choice, I would choose death over rape. The reason for that decision is the same reason rape is so traumatic. When someone is raped, all control over their body is taken from them forcefully. This is something that A LOT of people take for granted. If given the choice, I would choose death. This is because I choose to not let my body be violated. It's MY choice. I'm taking the choice of rape from them and I am choosing to not let it happen. If my only option is death, then that's the option I'm going to take. That's not to say that if I was raped, I would then commit suicide. I thought about it a lot in the years after my rape, but I never did it for the sole reason that I had my then-boyfriend struggling to help me and my sister to talk to. If I had not had them, I would've killed myself. I know this because they were the only things pushing me along and keeping my head above water.

Even if death is permanent and scary for some, I do not believe it is filled with anything good nor bad. I think when you are dead, you are just dead. You don't hurt, you aren't happy, you aren't sad either. It doesn't scare me. What scares me is losing control of my body, even for a time. In the end, it comes down to choosing and I choose to not let it happen again. And I'll go down fighting with a smile on my face should something like that ever happen again. And I'll have chosen to go down that way too. It's about choice. It's MY choice. Even if it's a shitty alternative that takes my life, it's my choice.

I am that terrified of rape. I am that terrified of molestation.

Dangerous Businessman

Ok, you must have a special case of Down's Syndrome--either that or you suffer from short term memory loss or can't read. Thus, I will break this down for you.

black_wing_angel

Well...yeah. You stop living. So what? Being alive is great, and all...but you're going to die, sooner or later, anyway. So what's the difference?

If I have to explain the difference between living for say 20yrs as opposed to 40yrs then we simply possess two fundamentally different ways of thinking and I'm not going to waste my time.

Quote:
What does that have to do with murder being worse than rape? Rape is pretty unique, as well, I'm told.

I am sure you must be trolling me if I have to explain this again. You're asking what does living life have to do with being murdered... Well, child--you can do one or the other. It's quite simple as that.

Quote:
Well, would you rather have a nail driven through your hand every hour of every day, for all eternity? Or would you rather just take the permanent numbness of sweet release? The dead don't suffer.

Quote:
And that's your own personal decision. That doesn't make someone else wrong for making one they find better suited for their interests. Me? If it ever came to rape or murder, I'll take the bullet. Hands down. I've done more than my fair share of kicking the Grim Reaper in the pelvis. I'll call it a good game.

First you ask me for my personal opinion. Then you judge me for answering your question with my personal opinion. Where in my post did I say other people were wrong? Just... Stop while you're behind.

Quote:
I'm not reading pages and pages of other people's responses, for the sake of reading them. I'll focus on the ones that stick out to me. Like yours.

For the sake of reading them? No read them for the sake of not sounding like a complete ignoramus. "Huur, let me just jump in the middle of this discussion without any background information or knowing what people are referencing. Derp." Really?
Quote:
Yeah. And?

Again, read what was previously posted.
Quote:
But why is it so bad, when it's inevitable, anyway? Life is only as valuable as we make it. It's all vanity.

Again, fundamentally different. I value my life more than you value yours.
Quote:

Lolwat? Hahaha, gods you are extremely dense. Thanks for putting words in my mouth because no where in my post did I even touch on anything like that. Stay in school kid.

Someone please tell me if I am COMPLETELY misunderstanding what this kid is saying.

Newbie Noob

Boxed Yaoi
in basically every society, murder is treated as the worst crime possible to commit
but personally, i feel that rape is a much more heinous and disgusting crime

I don't agree with that. What effects a community more: a rape or a death? Naturally, still having a member of your group is more preferable then losing them.

Boxed Yaoi
murder is a crime that can be committed out of anger, out of love, out of fear, out of jealousy, out of boredom and even by accident or in self-defence.
rape however, is a crime with a singular motive; forcing yourself upon an unwilling participant for your own sexual satisfaction
you cant accidentally have sex, you have to be fully aware of what you're doing if you force yourself upon another

Rape can be preformed for sexual satisfaction, as a mean for sexual satisfaction, and/or asserting dominance. Granted, there is an inherent sexual nature to rape, but that does not necessarily mean a rape can only be preformed because the perpetrator wants sex.

Boxed Yaoi
another reason is that at least in murder, thats it, you're dead and nothing worse can happen
discuss?
Lawl, your basically saying: You can only die once but you can be raped multiple times.

Though, that's not necessarily true, on the death part that is. Doctors, as well average citizens, have been bringing people back from death for decades now. So, in this regard, one can indeed die multiple times.

Newbie Noob

King Halloween

Ok, you must have a special case of Down's Syndrome--either that or you suffer from short term memory loss or can't read. Thus, I will break this down for you.

black_wing_angel

If I have to explain the difference between living for say 20yrs as opposed to 40yrs then we simply possess two fundamentally different ways of thinking and I'm not going to waste my time.

Quote:

I am sure you must be trolling me if I have to explain this again. You're asking what does living life have to do with being murdered... Well, child--you can do one or the other. It's quite simple as that.

Quote:
Well, would you rather have a nail driven through your hand every hour of every day, for all eternity? Or would you rather just take the permanent numbness of sweet release? The dead don't suffer.

Quote:

First you ask me for my personal opinion. Then you judge me for answering your question with my personal opinion. Where in my post did I say other people were wrong? Just... Stop while you're behind.

Quote:

For the sake of reading them? No read them for the sake of not sounding like a complete ignoramus. "Huur, let me just jump in the middle of this discussion without any background information or knowing what people are referencing. Derp." Really?
Quote:
Yeah. And?

Again, read what was previously posted.
Quote:

Quote:

Lolwat? Hahaha, gods you are extremely dense. Thanks for putting words in my mouth because no where in my post did I even touch on anything like that. Stay in school kid.

Someone please tell me if I am COMPLETELY misunderstanding what this kid is saying.

No clue, I just want to ask, wtf is with all the spoilers?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
King Halloween

black_wing_angel

Yes we do. And there's nothing wrong with either one. So all the flames are unwarranted.

Quote:
Quote:
I am sure you must be trolling me if I have to explain this again. You're asking what does living life have to do with being murdered...

...No. Read what I actually wrote, and try again. I asked what does "life being unique" have to do with making murder worse than rape.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

First you ask me for my personal opinion. Then you judge me for answering your question with my personal opinion.

Calling your opinion into question, is not "judging" you. Do you just not understand what the purpose of the ED is?

Regardless, there's a difference between expressing an opinion, and expressing it inflammatory arrogance.

Quote:
Where in my post did I say other people were wrong? Just... Stop while you're behind.

How about all the parts where you used flaming toward people who do not share your opinion. Hell, you accused me of having Downs, in this very post. Which is funny, because I'm positive you don't even know what that is.

Quote:
Quote:

Sifting through droves of opinions from people with no formal background in the field of discussion. Typically unnecessary for calling someone's stated opinion into question.

Quote:
Quote:

That's because I see life for what it is. Temporary, and only as valuable as what we do with the time we have. Unless you're that important (and you're not), there's no value in your continued existence, except in your own personal vanity. Which is not necessarily "wrong", mind you. Just not necessarily "right" either.

Quote:

Quote:
I agree, release from suffering aka euthanasia can be moral and a good thing. Not being strong enough to work through emotional trauma... Not so much.

Explain this one, then. You claim that it can be good to release someone from their suffering. But then you separate emotional trauma from this, as something different. So you separated physical from emotional suffering, and claimed that release from emotional suffering is "not so much" (of a good thing).

I'm not putting words in your mouth. Just your foot.

Heroic Hero

Getting raped to death would be the worst talk2hand

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
King Halloween

Anyone who says either is worse than the other clearly needs to resort their priorities.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
To give an actual answer, as was made clear by my last post, neither is worse than the other. The worst is the ultimate evil: Life.

Dangerous Businessman

1. I'm 'flaming' you because you're making me reiterate myself. As you will notice I did not use any 'vulgar' language until last post when I had to re-explain myself to you. This has nothing to do with either opinion in itself. It has to do with me having to dumb down my opinions so people like you will understand them. I honestly couldn't care less what your opinion on the matter is thus why during this entire thing I haven't really spoke on YOUR opinion. I never even said your opinion was 'wrong' yet I am supposedly the 13 year old who is flaming everyone... Right.

2. Life is unique and you only get one of them. Thus anything that ends that life prematurely (aka murder) is worse than the alternative (rape).

3. Again, never in ANY of my post did I say someone else's opinion was wrong. Again, don't put words in my mouth simply because you feel slighted by my bluntness. Please point out where I 'flamed' someone's opinion or told them their opinion was wrong. I initially simply stated my opinion and it was you who chose to break down said opinion and provide attempted counter points to them. Yet I'm telling people they're wrong... God. Just stop.

4. You cannot begin to call anyone's words into question without knowing why they speak those words. Again, what I posted about other are what they themselves said earlier in this thread. You would know that if you had simply read.

5. If you're going to quote me and/or try to mince my words against me then read what I wrote. No where did I mention physical suffering as opposed to emotional. I never even used the word physical. But that's not putting words in my mouth. I stated release from suffering (one clause) is good. Not being strong enough to overcome emotional trauma (an entirely different clause) not so much. Where did I say release from emotional suffering is not a good thing? Please point that out to me. Either that or just grow a thicker skin and do us all a favor and really read what's being written. Had you done that in the first place then this entire back and forth could've been avoided. Do YOU understand what the ED is for? Stop trying to be clever and learn to read words for words, not what you want them to mean.

black_wing_angel
King Halloween

black_wing_angel

Yes we do. And there's nothing wrong with either one. So all the flames are unwarranted.

Quote:
Quote:
I am sure you must be trolling me if I have to explain this again. You're asking what does living life have to do with being murdered...

...No. Read what I actually wrote, and try again. I asked what does "life being unique" have to do with making murder worse than rape.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

First you ask me for my personal opinion. Then you judge me for answering your question with my personal opinion.

Calling your opinion into question, is not "judging" you. Do you just not understand what the purpose of the ED is?

Regardless, there's a difference between expressing an opinion, and expressing it inflammatory arrogance.

Quote:
Where in my post did I say other people were wrong? Just... Stop while you're behind.

How about all the parts where you used flaming toward people who do not share your opinion. Hell, you accused me of having Downs, in this very post. Which is funny, because I'm positive you don't even know what that is.

Quote:
Quote:

Sifting through droves of opinions from people with no formal background in the field of discussion. Typically unnecessary for calling someone's stated opinion into question.

Quote:
Quote:

That's because I see life for what it is. Temporary, and only as valuable as what we do with the time we have. Unless you're that important (and you're not), there's no value in your continued existence, except in your own personal vanity. Which is not necessarily "wrong", mind you. Just not necessarily "right" either.

Quote:

Quote:

Explain this one, then. You claim that it can be good to release someone from their suffering. But then you separate emotional trauma from this, as something different. So you separated physical from emotional suffering, and claimed that release from emotional suffering is "not so much" (of a good thing).

I'm not putting words in your mouth. Just your foot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff