Welcome to Gaia! ::

CuAnnan

No it isn't.

Now that it has been demonstrated that we don't agree, since the extraordinary claim is yours, burden of proof requries you to prove your statement or withdraw it.

Pick one.

First of all, this discussion was never about scientific fact. It literally amounted to a science fiction discussion.

Second of all, you never addressed my main point. Probably because you also, like our best physicists, don't know why the constants are constant. Because we don't know what makes them constant, or how the universe really works, we cannot say they will stay the same.

Third, I haven't been trying to prove anything throughout this.

Fourth, simply stating "no it isn't" doesn't actually prove me wrong, even if I was making a fact statement. The only statement of fact I've made is "we don't know why things are the way they are. " . Which actually is really true.

Also, for fun: http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-09/physics-laws-change-depending-when-and-where-you-are-new-study-says
Glorious Leader Luna
Times Of War
Quote:
So, this is going to be a bit far fetched, and so I need you all to suspend disbelief for a time and play along for this discussion.

Can't believe people can't read the first sentence of the thread.

But it's not far fetched it's impossible

If you want far fetched then use time travel what is at least theoretically possible.

http://zimmer.csufresno.edu/~fringwal/stoopid.lis

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Yeahhhhhh, that souns like something that would end very badly
Ignoring your gross over-statement of super computers and medical technology, I think most people would not be bothered with the idea of raising people from the dead. Well, at least not people of historical significance.

All of us have certain historical narratives that we are attached to, and I can imagine most people would not want those jeopardized by reviving famous historical figures. To illustrate, do you think the leaders of the Pro-2nd Amendment want the Founding Fathers revived so they could come back and piss through all five of their pants at what we allow regular citizens to carry? Do you think the strict gun control folks want them back so they can tell them what the 2nd meant to them? Its a big risk to bring these people back, because we have no idea what they would do or how they actually felt.

Its easier, and better, that some of these cultural stories persist in some regards.

Fanatical Zealot

Raised the dead?!

What a preposterous idea.

I bet you no great mind of our generation has even considered such a silly thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff