Welcome to Gaia! ::

One of everyone's favorite christmas songs is really a representation of a long standing prejudice. Its called "White Christmas" In reality the song was sung in the song by wealthy plantation owners while they flogged slaves. (Around the time of christmas) I beleive it should be destroyed to stop any further damage to the african-american holiday celebration.
Not like they would possibly be talking about snow... rolleyes
Adversarius
Not like they would possibly be talking about snow... rolleyes
People want to think that, they don't want to think it could be indicating a causasian only Christmas, lets see the big picture people.
As far as I know...no one is offended by that song.....

Dapper Gaian

4,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Good luck if that's actually going to happen. Grin and bare it like everything else that pisses people off.
Hiro Protaganist
One of everyone's favorite christmas songs is really a representation of a long standing prejudice. Its called "White Christmas" In reality the song was sung in the song by wealthy plantation owners while they flogged slaves. (Around the time of christmas) I beleive it should be destroyed to stop any further damage to the african-american holiday celebration.

Either that or your really paranoid. Where's your proof?
I won't stand this degrading of the african-american culture anymoe, the original lyrics had notes on them sting that all the "niggers were gona die" The family that now owns the original has roots in the KLuKlux Klan and has it hidden away.
White Christmas was written by Irving Berlin in 1941 for the 1942 film, Holiday Inn, about an inn that was only open on public holidays.

Thank you. Try again.
The Mocking Finch
Hiro Protaganist

i agree
how do you know that?
The Mocking Finch
Hiro Protaganist

Sounds about right to me... Paranoia... Yup... I have black friends that love that song. 3nodding Get over it. biggrin
Andromache
White Christmas was written by Irving Berlin in 1941 for the 1942 film, Holiday Inn, about an inn that was only open on public holidays.

Thank you. Try again.
No, You Try again, Mr. Berlin found the original song ad toned it down to make it seem to be about inns and snow.
Closet_Rebel
The Mocking Finch
Hiro Protaganist

Sounds about right to me... Paranoia... Yup... I have black friends that love that song. 3nodding Get over it. biggrin
I'm a "Black" as you state it scholar, I've been researching this for months, I even attempted a visit to the white family that owns the song, only to be chased off with threats of getting " My ***** a** shot"
wheres your proof prove it to us
Then kindly point us to proof that this is true, sir.

Preferably newspaper articles. Not urban legends told by a friend of a friend of a friend.
Hiro Protaganist
Andromache

Thank you. Try again.
No, You Try again, Mr. Berlin found the original song ad toned it down to make it seem to be about inns and snow.

Then find the source of the "original" song and present it to us. Otherwise we'll call you a bloody racist for inferring that we're racists to enjoy a song about Christmas. surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff