Total Votes:[ 69 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 >

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Black Moral Inc
Do you consider dating one race exclusively, or refusing to date one or more races, racist or personal preference? Why?

There can be racism behind it sometimes, but typically it's all about preference when it comes to whether or not you find someone attractive. I personally have been attracted to people of all sorts of races. Also, if you live in a place that almost completely lacks people of other races, chances are you would date what is available. In the case of the town I used to live in, that would be white people. There was only one black family in the whole town sweatdrop

But personally, my ideal man would have bleach blonde hair, and tan skin. I guess you would say a blonde white boy.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Love Muffin88
Black Moral Inc
Do you consider dating one race exclusively, or refusing to date one or more races, racist or personal preference? Why?

There can be racism behind it sometimes, but typically it's all about preference when it comes to whether or not you find someone attractive. I personally have been attracted to people of all sorts of races. Also, if you live in a place that almost completely lacks people of other races, chances are you would date what is available. In the case of the town I used to live in, that would be white people. There was only one black family in the whole town sweatdrop

But personally, my ideal man would have bleach blonde hair, and tan skin. I guess you would say a blonde white boy.
Are you going to buy Josh a bottle of 40-volume peroxide and a membership to a tanning salon? wink

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Ratttking
Love Muffin88
Black Moral Inc

Are you going to buy Josh a bottle of 40-volume peroxide and a membership to a tanning salon? wink

He he he. I can imagine. But I wouldn't put him through that though. I learned my lesson the last time I tried to blonde my hair. redface

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Love Muffin88
Ratttking
Love Muffin88
Black Moral Inc

He he he. I can imagine. But I wouldn't put him through that though. I learned my lesson the last time I tried to blonde my hair. redface
I know what you mean, it hurts for days afterward. There was a WW2 USO entertainer who bleached her roots every night so she would look her best for the troops; I admire that level of dedication in a person.

Do you think that if changing one's hair and skin color were easy and painless that a thread like this would exist?

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Ratttking
Love Muffin88
Ratttking
Love Muffin88
Black Moral Inc

I know what you mean, it hurts for days afterward. There was a WW2 USO entertainer who bleached her roots every night so she would look her best for the troops; I admire that level of dedication in a person.

Do you think that if changing one's hair and skin color were easy and painless that a thread like this would exist?

I've never thought of that before? I would guess so. It could perhaps dwindle down racism. Though, be usually aren't able to have nice things, because people tend to find issue with anything and everything. I remember I once said something like "Sometimes I think the blind are lucky in a way, because they don't see color. They only "see" how someone is. Which is all that should matter." I thought it was a lighthearted and pleasant thing to say, but there was someone that saw complete fault in it. sad

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Love Muffin88
Ratttking
Love Muffin88
Ratttking
Love Muffin88
Black Moral Inc

I've never thought of that before? I would guess so. It could perhaps dwindle down racism. Though, be usually aren't able to have nice things, because people tend to find issue with anything and everything. I remember I once said something like "Sometimes I think the blind are lucky in a way, because they don't see color. They only "see" how someone is. Which is all that should matter." I thought it was a lighthearted and pleasant thing to say, but there was someone that saw complete fault in it. sad
I read a lot of science fiction and it's a common theme, in addition to extreme body modifications. I suppose that racism would still exist though, and you could add a new form or two of discrimination such as, let's call it "naturalism" wherein people would hate on those whose appearance was not natural. Well, we have that to some extent now anyway, like those who hate on women for shaving their legs, wearing makeup, etc. I'm sure the opposite would happen too, hating on people for not modifying themselves.

I think you incurred animosity for that comment because to many people going blind is one of the worst things that could happen to them.

Beloved Genius

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
daChaosKitty
The Living Force
I never said it had. Planned Parenthood no longer engages in such activities, though it did in the past. Don't try to be cute.

I'm curious, can you prove that Planned Parenthood didn't do sterilizations in the 80's for at least some of those states?
Because a whole bunch of selfish, rich women didn't wanna have more kids, because heaven forbid they procreate and lose their easy lifestyle with the inconvenience of children. No need to respond to this bit, just a personal gripe with the whole reason the sterilization was the preferred option of feminists.

I think Living was talking about forced mandated by the government sterilizations, or those preformed under false pretense. Not elective surgeries.
Love Muffin88
Ratttking
Love Muffin88
Ratttking
Love Muffin88
Black Moral Inc

Probably because it's completely ignorant. One, blind people can be racists. Two, not all blind people are completely blind; most aren't, in point of fact. Three, and it ties into the first, they are all individuals. Do not generalize people, ever.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
It depends on the situation. I know that I generally do not care much for targeting a specific race, but I cannot find the hair of black guys' attractive so I do not think I would ever date one. There are a lot of black people I get along with and think well of as friends and acquaintances. However, to date someone, I need to be able to find them physically attractive and to regard them as being/having the potential to be a good friend. Some people have more clearly racist reasons for dating a particular race or refusing to date certain races. I know that I have heard some people mention that they were told by their parents that it was bad to date Mexicans simply because they are Mexican and that equals to being dirty, lazy, poor, stupid. Obviously such prohibitions on dating are clearly racist.

Fashionable Millionaire

daChaosKitty

True, I believe you're right. It just feels like, "God, does anyone REALLY likes blacks?(Especially women)" gonk
It seems everyone(Races) is getting passes, but anything remotely blacks comes up. People just turn their noses and frown with a attitude of "Oh, you mean THEM?!". It's like their cups are clean, but once someone of african descent comes, it's "Dirty","nasty" and "intolerable". While the others just lightly dirties it up and get hit with "Well, it's not that bad, better than the blacks"

I agree social color hierachy is to blame. However, it has much to do with their personal experiance(with touches of plain racism) which explains more than just the system. Also that is a good point with the marriage referance, it seems it's highly celebrated/praised when it comes to most causasians, but once it's someone that's "diffrent" it's "OMG, how could you marry someone like that? I couldn't do it".Then get frowned/looked down in their community. The world we live in, I swear SMH.
HatredBearOmNomNom

Well, glad to see I'm not the only that noticed this trend. Everytime there is a discussion about race, it's ALWAYS the same thing. "Blacks this and blacks that" etc.etc. I NEVER get to read a discussion about race in the ED when it focuses on other races for a chance. I mean only whites seem to be the 2nd, but everything else is just...blah. It's always black and white topics, never nothing else. I understand people live in certain areas,had diffrent experiance, but at the same time they should REALLY listen to how their talking, because someone is always reading it and might interpret it in a wrong fashion. What they read is a good reason for them to pick apart themselves racially to get "approval" from the group, just so they don't act like the "others" to fit in. *hint hint*

I mean people have preference, but the "black skin,big lips and flat nose" thing. OUCH xd I got hit, but I'm still alive and kicking.
Agreed, you can't twist someone's arm and make them like the other. That's why I learned not to take it personal, however I do like to observe their reasoning for or against it. It brings me to understand the racial isssues and discussions in here.
ninja

Love Muffin
I mean't to answer you're question last night, but I was busy watching gameplays. However, I can answer them for you if you want. You brought up a good question and to be honest. It really depends on the person reasonings for just dating that one race. I have noticed with personal experiance though, that people who only date that one particular race mostly it has little to do with attraction but almost something stereotypical. I would say it is racist in someways, but a person reasonings speak louder than words. Hopefully,that kinda explained you're question whee
Racism involves personal preference to a particular race. The person would need to think a whole race of people is better for dating than another whole race of people for whatever reason. Completely refuse ALL people of a race? Ya sounds pretty racist to me man!!

Fashionable Genius

6,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Vixianna
I think Living was talking about forced mandated by the government sterilizations, or those preformed under false pretense. Not elective surgeries.

I know, and how can you be certain that Planned Parenthood had nothing to do with those?
I prefer racism.

Fashionable Genius

6,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
A r t s i e Ga l
True, I believe you're right. It just feels like, "God, does anyone REALLY likes blacks?(Especially women)" gonk
It seems everyone(Races) is getting passes, but anything remotely blacks comes up. People just turn their noses and frown with a attitude of "Oh, you mean THEM?!". It's like their cups are clean, but once someone of african descent comes, it's "Dirty","nasty" and "intolerable". While the others just lightly dirties it up and get hit with "Well, it's not that bad, better than the blacks"

I agree social color hierachy is to blame. However, it has much to do with their personal experiance(with touches of plain racism) which explains more than just the system. Also that is a good point with the marriage referance, it seems it's highly celebrated/praised when it comes to most causasians, but once it's someone that's "diffrent" it's "OMG, how could you marry someone like that? I couldn't do it".Then get frowned/looked down in their community. The world we live in, I swear SMH.

I can understand. I don't get it, though. Having grown up around almost all colors, but predominantly black and Puerto Rican, I don't see them as difficult. On that note, I never tried to date one, personally, because I prefer men. But, the black guys I've liked were all pretty cool. Not interested in me, but cool.

I've heard that it's easier to tell whether someone who is lighter-skinned is healthy or not. The darker skin makes it more difficult, because it can hide visual cues about health, such as paleness, sallowness, excessive redness, and so on. It's easier for the dark-skinned to appear healthy, color-wise. Of course, too pale has its own negative connotations, too. So, that might be part of why lighter skin is more desirable. But, in general, I think that certain shades of dark skin are absolutely gorgeous. Like, Alek Wek, her skin is beautiful! I think that people need to stop seeing white people as the ideal. They're really not.

Beloved Genius

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
daChaosKitty
Vixianna

I know, and how can you be certain that Planned Parenthood had nothing to do with those?

I believe he said "into the 80's" so up to and including the 80's. However it's not my statement, I was just trying to make sure you were clear on what he was actually saying before asking him to support something. Tis all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff