Other (explain) 0.10144927536232 10.1% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11 >

Saint Werewolf

16,350 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
Personal preference on certain conditions, racist on others.
If you're just not physically attracted to a certain race, that's just fine. There does need to be at least a little physically attraction for a relationship to blossom, yes?
If you're just disgusted by them due to the fact that they look different then you, or act different then you - that's racist.
So many possibilities...
The Living Force
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz

Like I said what ever makes you feel better.
Don't give me that bullshit. You cannot in honesty argue that the current GOP is anything like the old GOP. To do so is to be dishonest. If that's your schtick, then fine. Don't even try to pass this off as me asking you to mince words to avoid hurting my feelings. I'm asking you to drop the condescending bullshit act because you're full of s**t and condescension only really works when you have a leg to stand on.

No the GOP needs to get to the founding of it. That would be Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I still will vote for a Republican over a Democrat any day of the week. The GOP still has more good things then the Democrats do.
Yeah, those gay rights bans and the sterilization of black and Irish women are really ********, Chief.

Are you talking about the DADT that was Clinton. That was from all the openly gay people that were being killed. For the Sterilization the truth on that would blow your mind. But Bill Gates is open about doing it to people.
I'm talking about Red States banning gay marriage. I'm talking about the policy of Southern states sterilizing poor black and Irish women so that they wouldn't procreate, which happened up until the 80s.

I don't want some dumbass ignorant trying to tell me "the truth" as if you know more than I do, when every overture you make screams otherwise.

I would not try to convince you of the truth at all. The truth could hit you in the face and you still would not see it. You think that the sterilizing of people has stopped it has not. It's still going on now. So you care so much about that you must be against planned parenthood as well?
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz

No the GOP needs to get to the founding of it. That would be Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I still will vote for a Republican over a Democrat any day of the week. The GOP still has more good things then the Democrats do.
Yeah, those gay rights bans and the sterilization of black and Irish women are really ********, Chief.

Are you talking about the DADT that was Clinton. That was from all the openly gay people that were being killed. For the Sterilization the truth on that would blow your mind. But Bill Gates is open about doing it to people.
I'm talking about Red States banning gay marriage. I'm talking about the policy of Southern states sterilizing poor black and Irish women so that they wouldn't procreate, which happened up until the 80s.

I don't want some dumbass ignorant trying to tell me "the truth" as if you know more than I do, when every overture you make screams otherwise.

I would not try to convince you of the truth at all. The truth could hit you in the face and you still would not see it. You think that the sterilizing of people has stopped it has not. It's still going on now. So you care so much about that you must be against planned parenthood as well?
I never said it had. Planned Parenthood no longer engages in such activities, though it did in the past. Don't try to be cute.
The Living Force
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz

I never said it had. Planned Parenthood no longer engages in such activities, though it did in the past. Don't try to be cute.

They still do and the lady that started hated Blacks so much and wanted them killed off as well.
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz

They still do and the lady that started hated Blacks so much and wanted them killed off as well.
I am aware about Margaret Sanger's past. Now would you mind providing legitimate proof that PP still participates in government sterilization programs?

Faemint's Wife

Distinct Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Vercingetorix VII
Sanguarian Muffin
For myself? Its personal preference.

I find a lot of black women to be repulsive in their looks and the way they act. That is not to say, however, that I've not found black women whom I'd hook up with. It just seems like they are a dime a dozen.

This phrase works differently than you think it does.

Anyway, it's not prejudice to not date someone you don't find attractive, certainly, and you can find someone attractive or not for whatever reason you want. You can find a certain skin tone unappealing. That's fine. It would be bigotry to assume that people from a certain group are going to act a certain way, and not want to date them on account of that.

Its bigoted to assume it. Its not bigoted, however, when most of the girls you've met have acted a certain way...

Leadfooted Phantom

We've sensationalized racism to the point we dive into the closet at the mere mention of it.

Yes, it's racist - a decision made on race.

No, it doesn't mean you're about to commit a hate crime with a 2x4.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
I think it is a personal preference. There is no reason to date someone for whom you feel no physical attraction.
It depends. If you are not attracted to a black girl simply because you believe her race influences her traits as a partner (honesty, kindness, responsibility, etc.) that is racist.

If you don't like the way she looks because you don't like her dark skin, big lips, and flat nose, that's not racist. Everyone has physical traits they don't like.

Fashionable Millionaire

Vercingetorix VII
A lot of whites seem to really have issues with black women. I find this interesting because the memes that get repeated about this bear so much resemblance to those that were previously applied to other fringe groups in Western civilization; you see almost the exact same stereotypes going back about Viking, Germanic, Celtic women; they're dominant, they're overpowering, they're fierce and assertive and essentially man-like. It seems to be a pretty common tactic to try and represent how uncivilized and disordered a hostile group is, that their women behave like men. Contrast of course with the ideal Western woman, who is meek and docile and basically child-like in a way that gets creepy if you dwell on it too long.

Not that different cultures, of course, don't have different ideas of gender roles etc., it's just interesting to see such similarities used repeatedly as an attempt to discredit a non-Western group.

My preferences are a bit all over the place, but there's no particular race I'm not into.

Agreed, it's kinda interesting/sad.
It feels like I'm reading a list of stereotypes then preferences, but then again what can I do that's just how people are *shrugs*
Personally I'm about the same as you. I really don't have much of a preference, whatever's goodlooking, I'll just hover to it.

EDIT:
To the bolded statement,it's pretty amazing how you can assume these are mostly whites that are saying this.(Also I kinda felt that vibe too) One thing that seems to pop up over and OVER again, is they mostly say something or exhibit racial overtones, but then try to dissociate from it once they notice with some sort of apology/excuse.I mean I seen some that displayed racial prejudice, but quickly corrected this behavior automatically(It's pretty much 50/50 with the posts in here). Another thing is why do blacks automatically pop up in their thoughts?The post above me speaks VOLUMES as to what I'm saying. It's like do they notice or do they simply not care? It's like "I just said something offensive, but I can't REALLY tell, anyone out there?
Just a thought.

Fashionable Genius

6,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
The Living Force

I'm curious, can you prove that Planned Parenthood didn't do sterilizations in the 80's for at least some of those states?

Because a whole bunch of selfish, rich women didn't wanna have more kids, because heaven forbid they procreate and lose their easy lifestyle with the inconvenience of children. No need to respond to this bit, just a personal gripe with the whole reason the sterilization was the preferred option of feminists.

Fashionable Genius

6,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
A r t s i e Ga l
The post above me speaks VOLUMES as to what I'm saying. It's like do they notice or do they simply not care? It's like "I just said something offensive, but I can't REALLY tell, anyone out there?
Just a thought.

I would gather, possibly incorrectly, that it's due to the rather extreme response many people have to dating a black woman (I've noticed that pretty much all of the references here are to black women). It's not just white people, either, but I've noticed that black men also have issues with black women, often. Each color has their stereotypes, good and bad.

On the other hand, it could be to a response to the whole unspoken (possibly unconscious) social color hierarchy. A person of minority descent "marries up" when they marry a white person. A white person who marries a minority "marries down." Sad as it is. My mother knew someone in the military who was never going to get anywhere, promotion-wise, really, because he'd married an Asian woman. I'm sure this is still prevalent in the world, because many women, strive to get their skin lightened, while white women work to tan theirs. It's messed up, and backwards.

There was more, but I find listing some of the prevalent stereotypes for each ethnicity to be a little unnecessary.
It is racism but it is not negative racism. It isn't wrong. It's no different than dating only males or females, a form of sexism, but a natural form of it that we consider to be normal and healthy and not problematic.
A r t s i e Ga l
Vercingetorix VII
A lot of whites seem to really have issues with black women. I find this interesting because the memes that get repeated about this bear so much resemblance to those that were previously applied to other fringe groups in Western civilization; you see almost the exact same stereotypes going back about Viking, Germanic, Celtic women; they're dominant, they're overpowering, they're fierce and assertive and essentially man-like. It seems to be a pretty common tactic to try and represent how uncivilized and disordered a hostile group is, that their women behave like men. Contrast of course with the ideal Western woman, who is meek and docile and basically child-like in a way that gets creepy if you dwell on it too long.

Not that different cultures, of course, don't have different ideas of gender roles etc., it's just interesting to see such similarities used repeatedly as an attempt to discredit a non-Western group.

My preferences are a bit all over the place, but there's no particular race I'm not into.

Agreed, it's kinda interesting/sad.
It feels like I'm reading a list of stereotypes then preferences, but then again what can I do that's just how people are *shrugs*
Personally I'm about the same as you. I really don't have much of a preference, whatever's goodlooking, I'll just hover to it.

EDIT:
To the bolded statement,it's pretty amazing how you can assume these are mostly whites that are saying this.(Also I kinda felt that vibe too) One thing that seems to pop up over and OVER again, is they mostly say something or exhibit racial overtones, but then try to dissociate from it once they notice with some sort of apology/excuse.I mean I seen some that displayed racial prejudice, but quickly corrected this behavior automatically(It's pretty much 50/50 with the posts in here). Another thing is why do blacks automatically pop up in their thoughts?The post above me speaks VOLUMES as to what I'm saying. It's like do they notice or do they simply not care? It's like "I just said something offensive, but I can't REALLY tell, anyone out there?
Just a thought.

To be honest Asian popped up first but it didn't really seem in the spirit of the thread. I mean lets face it, ED discussion on race, it's gonna be blacks. Also you're right, nobody should apologize about their preference. Because we're talking about romantic relationships and people can like whatever they want. If somebody doesn't like it, well that's ok, because they clearly wouldn't want to be with that person anyway.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
The Living Force
razorsarz
I will date anyone but Black or Mexican but I have friends that are Black and Mexican. Dose that make me a racist? People spend to much time looking for racism in everything.
Strom Thurmond had black friends, so that nullified his being a staunch segregationist and Jim Crow supporter, too.

Don't you worry none, Razorsarz, yer nawt racist a bit.
He also had a child with a black woman, so it appears he was not racist when it came to shagging. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff