Total Votes:[ 69 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
They're not mutually exclusive.
The funny thing about preference as an expression is that it allows people to effectively excuse any bias they have as if it's some intrinsic behavior.

Bull. s**t. You're adults, put on your ******** grown up pants and take some responsibility for yourself, your actions, and your behaviors.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
marshmallowcreampie
I'm willing to date a guy regardless of race, as a guy can be hot regardless of race. emotion_awesome

I don't see what's wrong with having a particular "preference". After all, if you think dark skin or black hair or blue eyes are attractive, then you'll most likely find yourselves attracted to members of races that have the traits you like. Where it crosses into racism, though, is when you act like members of the other races are outright ugly or inferior and can't even bring yourself to date one. I mean, I find skinny, dark-skinned guys with black hair SUPER attractive, ('specially Indian guys. cat_cool ) but I'm not closed-minded to dating other guys. Shoot, I've got a HUGE fangirl crush on pudgy, pale Linkara. emotion_kirakira He has a good sense of humor, he likes comics, and he's a feminist. (that last one in particular is a HUGE turn-on for me) My creepy fangirl crush looked past his appearances.

I second the fangirl crush on Linkara.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Fireweed_honey

I'll fight you for him! emotion_donotwant

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Befriended 100
I will date anyone who has the right personality, and the right looks. But for me, my ideal woman would have dark shoulder length hair and tan skin.

Dark hair and tan skin is very sexy.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
I think it's preference for the most part. Myself, I'm not sexually attracted to Black men or most Asians. It's not that I can't see what makes them attractive. I've seen many very handsome Black men, I'm just not attracted to them. My sister is dating a very sweet guy, he's Black, and I can see what makes him attractive. He's just not my cup of tea. The kind of guys I'm attracted to aren't everyone's cup of tea either.

Now, if it was, "I'm not attracted to this person because I look down on his race" that's racism. Just not in my personal chemisty is preference. It's like being attracted more to redheads then blondes.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
marshmallowcreampie
Fireweed_honey

Oh, I'll fight you gladly. Now, if it was fighting Iron Liz (his girlfriend) I'll step aside. She looks like she can mop the floor with me.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Fireweed_honey
marshmallowcreampie
Fireweed_honey

Oh, I'll fight you gladly. Now, if it was fighting Iron Liz (his girlfriend) I'll step aside. She looks like she can mop the floor with me.

THEN BRING IT ON! cat_scream
The Living Force
razorsarz
I will date anyone but Black or Mexican but I have friends that are Black and Mexican. Dose that make me a racist? People spend to much time looking for racism in everything.
Strom Thurmond had black friends, so that nullified his being a staunch segregationist and Jim Crow supporter, too.

Don't you worry none, Razorsarz, yer nawt racist a bit.

Jim Crow laws the legacy of the Democrats. So I don't find them sexually attractive in anyway makes me a racist. I guess gays not finding women sexually attractive makes then sexist then?

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Living Force
The funny thing about preference as an expression is that it allows people to effectively excuse any bias they have as if it's some intrinsic behavior.

Bull. s**t. You're adults, put on your ******** grown up pants and take some responsibility for yourself, your actions, and your behaviors.
Right. We have to consider that preferences are built upon prejudice. What you think about someone or a particular group influences whether or not you'll be attracted to them. It's no surprise that dominant groups tend to be portrayed as most physically and behaviorally desireable while suborindate groups are portrayed as the least physically and behaviorally desireable.

The next point is that physical attraction is not based upon nothing, nor is it purely biological, as much as we love to absolve ourselves from responsibility. It is heavily cultural. And let's rememer that phenotype is not an indication of genotype, so let's not start with that.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
There can be racism behind it sometimes, but typically it's all about preference when it comes to whether or not you find someone attractive. I've personally have been attracted to people of all sorts of races. emotion_dowant
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz
I will date anyone but Black or Mexican but I have friends that are Black and Mexican. Dose that make me a racist? People spend to much time looking for racism in everything.
Strom Thurmond had black friends, so that nullified his being a staunch segregationist and Jim Crow supporter, too.

Jim Crow laws the legacy of the Democrats. So I don't find them sexually attractive in anyway makes me a racist. I guess gays not finding women sexually attractive makes then sexist then?
You are aware that the Dixiecrats manifest today as Republicans?

Read that in a patronizing tone, since that argument is always stupid as hell.

Sexuality is different from racial preference, dull stone.

Adored Admirer

Nowadays, everything is considered racist if you don't agree with it. I don't care anymore. Call me whatever you guys want.
Omorose Panya
The Living Force

Right. We have to consider that preferences are built upon prejudice. What you think about someone or a particular group influences whether or not you'll be attracted to them. It's no surprise that dominant groups tend to be portrayed as most physically and behaviorally desireable while suborindate groups are portrayed as the least physically and behaviorally desireable.

The next point is that physical attraction is not based upon nothing, nor is it purely biological, as much as we love to absolve ourselves from responsibility. It is heavily cultural. And let's rememer that phenotype is not an indication of genotype, so let's not start with that.
Leads to the awkward situation where people claim they dislike one group for certain physical features and then extoll the beauty of a white celebrity with those same features. BLACK WOMEN ARE UGLY BECAUSE THEY TEND TO HAVE BIG LIPS. i thought you liked Angie Jolie's lips. SO? gwwwwwwwwwwuurrrrrrrrrrrgh.
The Living Force
razorsarz
The Living Force
razorsarz

You are aware that the Dixiecrats manifest today as Republicans?

Read that in a patronizing tone, since that argument is always stupid as hell.

Sexuality is different from racial preference, dull stone.

Tell yourself that the Dixiecrats manifest today as Republicans if it helps you sleep at night. But I don't remember the Republicans having a KKK grand wizard as a senator. So they can have a sexual preference and I can't?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff