Racist 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
Preference 0.43478260869565 43.5% [ 30 ]
Both 0.21739130434783 21.7% [ 15 ]
Neither 0.10144927536232 10.1% [ 7 ]
Other (explain) 0.10144927536232 10.1% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Dapper Reveler

Not all that sure, if it is racism it is not really intentional. I don't want to sound racist but I can't help how I feel. It may either be inherent and instinctive preference for certain races or it could be instinctive racism, either way I don't feel like I could blame myself for it. I wish I could not be shallow about looks either but s**t happens and I can't help it.

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
for some people it may be racist but for those like me its preference.

I am into asians (japanese, korean, chinese, etc.) and white girls. Mexican girls some times are attractive and i dont really think black people are attractive. though this is just me.

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
Black Moral Inc
Do you consider dating one race exclusively, or refusing to date one or more races, racist or personal preference? Why?

to put it shortly

that seems more like preference
no offence can really be found in that

buuuut
If you decided to say that you dont like the other race because (example) black and all black people smell or they are all ugly
or
white people are too skinny and slutty

(NON of thiss is true it was just an example)

THEN that would be considered racism

Muscular Counselor

11,200 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Personally, I find it more of a preference and that we need to stop lumping people into boxes over trivial things like this...that, and learn that there is a time and a place for the race card.
I consider it a preference. I'm only attracted to my race, which is caucasion. I honestly can't imagine me dating a race outside of my own. It's just not possible.

Smoker

The Living Force
Agent Ego
Princess Creampie
Agent Ego
Yeah, if you don't think you can find someone attractive in an entire race, that's pretty racist.

Hanar and Elcor are attractive? confused

Moot point, the Asari and Human races are the only ones containing females in the entire functional Mass Effect universe (so far as I've played, which is up to II.)
Even in 2, they mention female Turians, Salarians, and Krogan in the codex. Even in 1, actually.

Mentioning them in the literature and actually putting them into the game are two different things. If they exist, why can't I find any?
Agent Thrax
The Living Force
Agent Ego
Princess Creampie
Agent Ego
Yeah, if you don't think you can find someone attractive in an entire race, that's pretty racist.

Moot point, the Asari and Human races are the only ones containing females in the entire functional Mass Effect universe (so far as I've played, which is up to II.)
Even in 2, they mention female Turians, Salarians, and Krogan in the codex. Even in 1, actually.

Mentioning them in the literature and actually putting them into the game are two different things. If they exist, why can't I find any?
They are in the game. In the Codex, which is in the game. The Salarian women are on their homeworlds. Turian women, I'm unsure of, though you hear about them in 3. The rest is spoilerific, but play 3, and quit the nawnsense.
The Living Force
Agent Thrax
The Living Force
Agent Ego
Princess Creampie
Agent Ego

They are in the game. In the Codex, which is in the game. The Salarian women are on their homeworlds. Turian women, I'm unsure of, though you hear about them in 3. The rest is spoilerific, but play 3, and quit the nawnsense.

I'm never gonna play 3. Spoil away.

I refuse to believe in something that they refuse, out of laziness, to code into the game.

Invisible Browser

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Preference: I'm sensitive to scent; it's what turns me on. Each race has their own characteristic odor (might have something to do with nutrition? idk idc) and I've only found myself falling for people my own race.
Namarra
Preference: I'm sensitive to scent; it's what turns me on. Each race has their own characteristic odor (might have something to do with nutrition? idk idc) and I've only found myself falling for people my own race.
MHCs have to do with genetic compatability (greater genetic difference produces better smells), and since you're as likely to be genetically close to someone of another race as you are to your own, I doubt it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Histocompatibility_Complex_and_Sexual_Selection#The_Relationship_Between_Olfaction_and_MHC

Invisible Browser

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
The Living Force
Namarra
MHCs have to do with genetic compatability (greater genetic difference produces better smells), and since you're as likely to be genetically close to someone of another race as you are to your own, I doubt it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Histocompatibility_Complex_and_Sexual_Selection#The_Relationship_Between_Olfaction_and_MHC

Actually I've seen that study on tv a few years ago... The sample's DNA was tested and compared. The testing involved female clothing worn for seven days at night. They had males smelling them and rating them. I have to say from experience that even if an egyptian person's genes potentially differ more from mine than a white person's that doesn't make his smell sexually more appealing to me...

After all there's been a lot of miscegenation amongst white people.

Smoker

Namarra
The Living Force
Namarra

Actually I've seen that study on tv a few years ago... The sample's DNA was tested and compared. The testing involved female clothing worn for seven days at night. They had males smelling them and rating them. I have to say from experience that even if an egyptian person's genes potentially differ more from mine than a white person's that doesn't make his smell sexually more appealing to me...

I dunno, that sounds like an excuse to me, lady.
Namarra
The Living Force
Namarra

Odds are that race won't determine that, was my point.

I know racism's coming back into vogue, but are we really using miscegenation again?

Invisible Browser

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
The Living Force
Namarra
The Living Force
Namarra

Odds are that race won't determine that, was my point.

I know racism's coming back into vogue, but are we really using miscegenation again?

Eh, I don't consider myself racist because I've not yet felt attracted to an Italian, Egyptian or African man's scent; I can't argue with my own personal preferences for a mate now can I?
Sanguarian Muffin
For myself? Its personal preference.

I find a lot of black women to be repulsive in their looks and the way they act. That is not to say, however, that I've not found black women whom I'd hook up with. It just seems like they are a dime a dozen.
this

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces