Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dabbler

I thought it was common sense to avoid arguing with those people. They don't care about logic. They're "enlightened" and if you don't agree with them in whatever way for whatever reason, you're an idiot (or, in this case, a bigot) and should be publicly humiliated etc. etc. They'll spout the same phrases over and over again. They'll complain about being oppressed, but freely gang up on others (see: aggressive atheists). These people exist for every political, religious, and social matter. Just ignore them, love.

Dabbler

legnanellaf5
Saying you dont own slaves doesnt change the fact that you live in a society that had had slavery exist.
This is a good argument because no other race has ever done anything wrong, right?

Oh, and white people were the only ones to practice slavery, right? (Protip: they weren't.)

Dangerous Lunatic

Naked Bacon
legnanellaf5
Saying you dont own slaves doesnt change the fact that you live in a society that had had slavery exist.
This is a good argument because no other race has ever done anything wrong, right?

Oh, and white people were the only ones to practice slavery, right? (Protip: they weren't.)

also that argument pretty much assumes that EVERYONE IS AMERICAN
wtf no

I actually just checked my country's and culture's history just to be sure

And I'm proud to say that
the only "slaves" (more like servants actually, in ancient poems words meaning "slave", "servant" and "employee" are used as synonyms.) we've had were from the same area, same culture, same ethnicity. Centuries ago.

Does that count as "society that had had slavery exist"?

Wheezing Fatcat

Naked Bacon
I thought it was common sense to avoid arguing with those people. They don't care about logic. They're "enlightened" and if you don't agree with them in whatever way for whatever reason, you're an idiot (or, in this case, a bigot) and should be publicly humiliated etc. etc. They'll spout the same phrases over and over again. They'll complain about being oppressed, but freely gang up on others (see: aggressive atheists). These people exist for every political, religious, and social matter. Just ignore them, love.

I didn't reply to anyone of them except one that kept shouting about me being racist for naming a character in a video game after the Egyptian Queen Nefertiti.

They said "OH LOOK THAT a*****e DELETED HER POST AND SHE'S NAMING CAT PEOPLE AFTER AFRICAN QUEENS NOW WHOSE THE RACIST NOW"

I messaged them saying "Nefertiti is an Egyptian queen you ******** idiot."

Except for my character I added an extra "t" to her name.
They've been harassing me, calling me names, reblogging things off of me and trying to find anything I do and say it's racist. They reblogged a gif of my smoking hookah and said I'm ******** up and racist for saying I like smoking hookah because I can pretend I blow smoke like a dragon.
The best way to deal with stupid is ignore it and they actually helped me by proving my point that racism exists against Caucasians. Especially with all of the racial slurs they used against me.
Good thing people on tumblr are pussies because without my anons enabled no one messaged me.
I even deleted the post but since it has been reblogged it's still there and I keep getting notifications.

Wheezing Fatcat

br0wneyed-babe
Firstly, Tumblr is full of a ton of social justice warrior idiots. That's why I unfollow people who reblog that s**t and stay away from those stupid blogs in general. Most people on Tumblr are social outcast morons who have nothing better to do but complain about other races, genders, etc. and this somehow will give them equality...

Just ignore them. It pisses me off too. ANYONE can face discrimination. Whether it be a rich white guy or a poor black girl, they can face discrimination of any sort. A black person making fun of someone for being white is just as bad as a white person doing it. A woman saying something sexist to a man is just as bad as a man saying it to a woman, and so on. You're not the only one annoyed by that dumb bullshit. Just ignore those morons and move on, I say.

I thought I was doing right by standing up for it. Because it's everywhere. It's sad that tumblr is mostly inhabited by ignorant, pre-teens and teenagers who think they know something about the world. They helped prove my point though witht the racial slurs they used against me. I'm also posted on a "things white people say" blog. I can't remember the EXACT title of it, but it was along the lines of that offensive title. I only responded to one person who was a complete idiot who was attacking my blog and nit picking through my s**t to call me racist about.

Wheezing Fatcat

AbsoluteAlpha

I hate the term "reverse racism" it's just an excuse they use to be racist towards Caucasians. There is no such thing as reverse racism. I really with people didn't call each other names in this thread. I know this is a heated topic but calling each other names doesn't solve anything. They replied to me with "lol white people are so cute" "white people are ******** up" "this is why I hate white people"
and the comments they made further proved my point. They also replied with gifs showing a Caucasian woman crying with the words "white tears" on it. I have been insulted too many times to count. Anyone who stands up for themselves about racism against Caucasians is dragged through the mud and harassed endlessly on tumblr. Along with other labels, person hating, etc people.

Wheezing Fatcat

Homicidal Desires
Naked Bacon
legnanellaf5

also that argument pretty much assumes that EVERYONE IS AMERICAN
wtf no

I actually just checked my country's and culture's history just to be sure

And I'm proud to say that
the only "slaves" (more like servants actually, in ancient poems words meaning "slave", "servant" and "employee" are used as synonyms.) we've had were from the same area, same culture, same ethnicity. Centuries ago.

Does that count as "society that had had slavery exist"?

Everyone lives in a place were slavery has existed. Slavery has been around since the beginning of humanity. It even exists in the animal kingdom with ants. Every race has been a slave. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Even people of the same ethnicity enslaved their own people. Who do you think SOLD the Africans to the Americans? I hate when people keep bringing up the slavery in America like we should all feel guilty about that when no one alive in America has owned them as a slave. I hate that I'm "supposed to be guilty" and like I owe them something. Because don't owe them jack s**t.

Wheezing Fatcat

Willow_SheWolf
People of every race are stupid and people of every race are racist. It's how things are, how they have always been, and how they will always be. It's up to you as an individual to see this, understand this, and become deaf on command when others start spouting their bull.

EXACTLY

Wheezing Fatcat

Homicidal Desires
In Japan, for example
they are very racist towards white people.

Also

legnanellaf5
White people now are still racist. Saying you dont own slaves doesnt change the fact that you live in a society that had had slavery exist.

Somehow I get pissed off when I see arguments like this.

I didn't know about that in Japan. I always thought they were really into our culture and interested about it O.O
Oh don't mind the Social Justice Blogger Tumblr nitwits, they don't really know any better.

ANYWAYS....

They tend to have a problem of confusing institutional racism with racism.

Institutional Racism
is systemic. It is across the society and within its institutions. In the European countries and those with a white majority there is no institutional racism against white people.

Racism

is simply discrimination based on race.
It doesn't matter which race if you're discriminating against someone (and for some even if your making judgments) based simply on the colour of their skin, you're being racist.

They always seem to confuse those two.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Wraith of Azrael
Oh don't mind the Social Justice Blogger Tumblr nitwits, they don't really know any better.

ANYWAYS....

Institutional Racism
is systemic. It is across the society and within its institutions. In the European countries and those with a white majority there is no institutional racism against white people.

Racism

It doesn't matter which race if you're discriminating against someone (and for some even if your making judgments) based simply on the colour of their skin, you're being racist.

Oh I was hoping someone would post this. Thank you. It drives me mad when people say you can't be racist against white people. Last I heard, if yer being a s**t and saying disparaging remarks about someone based on the color of their skin or where they are from, that was racism. Institutionalized racism ain't the same thing. People can definitely be racist against white folks. But no one has carried out institutionalized racism against 'em....at least not in most western civilizations. Wait...unless...does what the Nazi's did to the jews count, or is that a different because it was based on religion? I'm not very clear on that.

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
It's quite possible to treat white people worse than others simply because of their race.

Like you say, calling someone names because of their race (as white) is indeed racism; it fulfills this definition of racism:

racĀ·ism
noun
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Source: dictionary.org

Also, white is not by any means the majority. There are more "yellow" and "black" people than there is "white" people. In today's society white people do have undue political and economic influence though.

My recommendation is that you stop following people on tumblr who have a hypocritical stance towards racism, and block the racists from your site.

Wheezing Fatcat

Wraith of Azrael

ANYWAYS....

Institutional Racism

Racism

Oh my gosh thank you for this. They're being racist themselves. There are too many of them to block and blocking on tumblr only prevents them from seeing your posts but they can see ten if they go on your blog so blocking does nothing as of right now.
I think they just want to remain the sole victims and use it as an excuse to be racist toward Caucasians.

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
Petrograd
It's quite possible to treat white people worse than others simply because of their race.

Like you say, calling someone names because of their race (as white) is indeed racism; it fulfills this definition of racism:

racĀ·ism
noun
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Source: dictionary.org

Also, white is not by any means the majority. There are more "yellow" and "black" people than there is "white" people. In today's society white people do have undue political and economic influence though.

My recommendation is that you stop following people on tumblr who have a hypocritical stance towards racism, and block the racists from your site.

Unfortunately you can't actually block anyone on tumblr. they just can't search your posts by tags. Asians make up most of the population on earth I believe? It just upsets me so much that I'm STILL getting called hateful things for no reason.

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ofluckit
Okay, first of all, you need to acknowledge your white privilege. I recommend reading The Bluest Eye? Maybe that white knapsack essay? Educate yourself. I see where you're coming from, so I'm trying to break this to you gently. Research the other side before baring all your ignorance to uber-liberal tumblr users.

Second of all, racism against whites does exist, but DO NOT compare it to racism against minorities. DO NOT. That's where people get annoyed at the privilege thing.

This, and racism against whites is generally reserved for those on the VERY pale end of the spectrum who have some other defining thing that makes them a target; how would I know because I experienced it by the hands of a large group of horrible Caucasians who I dearly hope froze to death on a bus somewhere because the racism was the least of what they did to me.

More or less I was:
From the south
Suffered from a medical issue
Educated far more than they
And very very pale, one shade off albino to be precise porcelain skinned.

They made jokes about me not being tan, being a vampire, a ghost, said I was "too white" among other things; I am racially blind I always have been but I am now thanks to their treatment highly uncomfortable (for many reasons) in a large group of Caucasians with a certain set of features and in large groups of Caucasians in general and that is the only group I really "see" due to negative connotations.
Note: this regards a very specific sub group of Caucasians, no others register.

You know it when you truly experience it, what you described is not that it is people messing around on the internet.
And where I grew up saying the N word would get you in trouble with everyone, and generally got your a** kicked to boot.
I do agree that you can still not compare it to minority racism, is it just as bad oh hell yes but the amount of history to minority racism that is negative makes it a whole different monster.

Oh if you want a prime example of white racism, look up the term "Black Irish" it refers a type of Irish people who have very specific features and thanks to the British were compared to and in some ways placed lower on the totem pole than the err..blacks of the time who "at least had the excuse of being from the feral wilds of the African continent".
One of the theories that is more likely is that they are the remnants/descendants of the original indigenous people of Ireland that were over run by the Geal's and those not slaughtered assimilated into the bloodline or society.

Other explanations include they are from Spanish, Iberian, Norse, and Welsh descent; their defining features are dark brown almost black hair as well as medium to fair skin and blue/green eyes.
Others are covered in this:
Quote:
Black Irish
Black Irish is an ambiguous term sometimes used (mainly outside Ireland) as a reference to a dark-haired phenotype appearing in people of Irish origin.[29] Opinions vary in regard to what is perceived as the usual physical characteristics of the so-called Black Irish: e.g., dark hair, brown eyes and medium skin tone; or dark hair, blue or green eyes and fair skin tone.[30] Unbeknownst to some who have used this term at one time or another, dark hair in people of Irish descent is common, although darker skin complexions appear less frequently.[31] The physical traits associated with the term Black Irish are sometimes thought to have been the result of an Iberian admixture.[32] One popular theory suggests the Black Irish are descendents of survivors of the Spanish Armada, despite research discrediting such claims.[33] In his documentary series Atlantean, Bob Quinn explores an alternative 'Iberian' hypothesis, proposing the existence of an ancient sea-trading route skirting the Atlantic coast from North Africa and the Iberian Peninsula to regions such as Connemara. While preferring the term "The Atlantean Irish", Quinn's reference to certain phenotypical characteristics (within elements of the Irish populace and diaspora) as possible evidence of a previous Hibernian-Iberian (and possibly Berber) admixture mirrors common descriptions of the Black Irish.[34]

One of the more interesting features not mentioned here is a shorter height, one of the terms I had thrown at me by the aforementioned group of Caucasians was "Black Irish"; this is a derogatory term and is related to negative moments in history as well especially in the America's.

If that gets thrown at you, that particular term, that is white racism for sure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff