Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 30, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

True Love . . . hmmm . . . being the cynic that I am, I'm not sure.

After seeing a dear friend of mine go through a rather rough period this year with the guy she would have died for because she loved him so much . . . I think true love is an illusion. It depends on how much you believe in that illusion.

Gee, and to think I used to be a romantic.
Quote:
Depends on your point of view. I think yeah, true love's out there, you just have to go through a lot of sweat, blood, n' tears to get to it. Lust falls into your lap by way of a crackwhore stripper named Juice Box; true love you need to work your a** off for.
Undubiously said. True love, as said, is hard to find. If it is, results are beautiful. If not, results may vary after baking for 4 years at 100' F. And who told you bout Juice box? She's mine!!!!!
Love is a word for stong physical attraction. It is nothing more, then finding your bodies perfect mate.
hey wats up everybody
true love always fails, not if it is your true love!! that you are suppose to spend the rest of your life with!! heart biggrin
Quote:
Yes, and at times. True love can just kick you in the arse once you admit to it. My love was for a best firend, who said they would always love me and never hurt me. They hurt me a month ago and I'm in pain cause of it. If it's really love, they why must they try to hurt you at the same time?
I'm going to pose an age-old argument against this. If your friend didn't hurt you, you would grow to not appreciate her, and how she treats you well. It's like the sun and rain--you won't appreciate the sun if it doesn't rain here and there. I believe I am in true love with someone, but I do not expect him to never ever hurt me despite the fact that he says he never wants to. And when he hurts me, I'm going to withdraw into myself and be in pain for a while, but then he'll draw me back out and I'll move on and I'll love him just the same as I did before. If you're hinging this entire argument over one little incident with your friend, you're naive and inexperienced, and probably shouldn't be arguing.
Quote:
Love is a word for stong physical attraction. It is nothing more, then finding your bodies perfect mate.
No, that's called hormones. Love is the emotional attraction you have to someone.
Quote:
Depends on your point of view. I think yeah, true love's out there, you just have to go through a lot of sweat, blood, n' tears to get to it. Lust falls into your lap by way of a crackwhore stripper named Juice Box; true love you need to work your a** off for.
And, I agree completely. 3nodding
i think all of you are just ******** retarded true love is there and you need it yes some ppl do get through life without love but those are the ppl who are the most ******** up in the head and lonelii and cry every night there whole ******** lives everyone has a true love you shouldnt try to force love but if it was meant to be it will happen and there iiz nothing you can do about it
scream
I don't necessarily believe in true love - i.e. one person destined for us all. The way I see it, there's people you can fall in love with, and there's people you can't. For instance, it's possible to be in love with two people at once, because I have been down that road, and so have many of my friends. I believe some people are more compatible than others. I also believe that some people find someone they just fit so well that in a way they were meant to be.

So...I suppose I believe there are some couples who are meant to be, but I don't think there is someone out there for everyone, or that a person can't leave their "meant-to-be" and be perfectly happy with someone else.
A person who cannot love can never truely be happy sad , then again someone who isn't loved can't truely be happy either sad thats what it means by true love unconditional on both sides...read Shakespeare and watch Moulin Rouge...has the greatest philosophies on love...
Quote:
true love could be both friendship and romance you have got to acknowledge that some friends could show true love and others in affection! It's worth thinking more about although you believe we do not need love others may beg to differ, I believe that there is love for everyone either romantic or friendship especially friendship and in it's way love can vary people lifestyles for better or for worse! biggrin

i conquer xd
"They say 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder' I belive absence makes the heart realize how truely fond it is." ~Aaron Fellman (my bf)

Everything I would of said has allready been said, so I'm going to leave y'all with this nice little quote.
well one things for sure love hurts
Well, I agree with some of what you said. It's true that some people rely on it too much, and it can make or break your life. Personally I believe you need to be of more sound mind before delving into a relationship. Then it can work, and prosper. But love isn't useless, I think we all need it on some level whether we admit it or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff