Welcome to Gaia! ::

What was the longest time you've kept with a significant other?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 7, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

My current relationship has had ups and downs beyond beliefs but we're still pretty much together (we were "taking a break"but it didn't last too long.) We're about to hit 11 months as it is, and I love my boyfriend so much.

It's humans nature to want a signifigant other in your life. That need to love someone and be loved by someone else. However I think posting threads asking random people to be your bf/gf is pointless and stupid. My own personal opinion. Nothing against online relationships, mind you, I believe in love fully however it is served. But to just ask a bunch of people "hey wanna date me?" has so irrelevence to the idea of love, it just upsets me. Your signifigant other should be someone special, someone who you really know and think it will work out with.
i know what you mean. even though im in a relationship i understand where you are coming from. i see all the time that people are only wanting to get into a "relationship" if thats what they want to call it(i mean thats the name conceited and shallow people use to cover up ideas for clique magnets or one night stands) when all they want is to do the "in" thing and have a signifigant other. it honestly makes me sick when i hear people name off these huge lists of boy/girl friends they have had. there are people who have had 15 in a year while i have had 4 in around 5 years. although its nice to know that there are people who dont look for them and when they happen to get into one that its for more than appearance or relief of "tentions".
Well,you see,I'm not a real "people person",so my longest was about 5 minutes ><
Even though I am in a relationship (3 years last Tuesday :yay smile I've seen amd I am disgusted by the way that the word "love" is thrown around and I believe that lots of people (especially young people) enter into relationships for the wrong reasons (mainly from the hormonal aspect, then again if both parties are ok with that then it's their lives...). Anyways, as for the people who go through bfs or gfs like tissues they really should not be using the word love because what they are experienceing is not what the word love was to describe.
I really thikn there is such thing as love, but I think I will never have it. I have onve meet that special person. I could never look them in the eyes. The day before Christmas breaker 3 years ago I finally tried to tell him my feelings but I turned so red my cheeks still burn. And what really still hurt is what he said:

"Oh, look if it isn't miss non-social. Your such a freak. I don't want you following me around you shy little b****. The thought that someone like you even likes me is enought to scare people away from me. I never want to see your ugly pale face again."

Yeah I have been rejected about 3 times now. I can't help it, I am pale and extremly shy. sad The funny thing is, I never followed him around.
Okay, I didn't read anything but the first post, so if I'm off topic, (which I shouldn't be), don't use that damn bunny with the pancake crap, okay? wink

The word love in most ages now means nothing. It's as if people got sick of using the word like to describe a feeling. I was fine with it, until one girl I knew constantly said that she loved this guy, and she loved that guy. Then she tried to cover her a** and say that the word love is special to her and she very rarely says it to guys. Meanwhile, she'd just screwed three different guys in the last week. I just wanted to smack the crap out of her. =\
such a hard life for one like me
Nozome-no-Sayuri
"Oh, look if it isn't miss non-social. Your such a freak. I don't want you following me around you shy little b****. The thought that someone like you even likes me is enought to scare people away from me. I never want to see your ugly pale face again."

He doesn't sound that special to me.
I don't know how this could be Life issues or EDAED. stare WTF is your problem, dude?

*Any*way, I think relationships and "love" are just fantasies with pre-teens (middle schoolers). Unless they're really smart, have a connection with a brother/sister/older friend that has told them about love and they actually *understood*, middle school (and most high school) "love" is just infactuation. (Yeah, I know from experience.)

GD/Barton are both filled with many people trying to round up girls and guys for online relationships. If you think about it, it's really self-fulfilling and selfish. You are looking for someone to play with, basically. It's highly doubtful that these people will ever see each other IRL, unless there is the slim chance that they live very close to each other, but that's really unlikely on this forum. The best they could do is give each other pictures, which could easily be fake. Why do they bother?

(Just for general knowledge's sake, I've been in a relationship 1 month short of 2 years. ^^)
I tend to usually have a "boyfriend". But at the age of fourteen, I am really too young. I know that. I don't care a whole lot, though, and it never lasts long. Maybe a month at the most. I get bored and dump them. ^-^ It's stupid to think it's anything special, I mean what's going to happen? A kiss, maybe. Holding hands.

There are maybe two or three people that I have known that actually care about their relationships. Love is said much to easily, and if you're bawling your eyes out because some guy you kissed once dumped you, you REALLY need a grip on reality. The sad thing is I've seen that for years. And I'm in the ninth grade. *shakes her head*

{*hopes that a certain person will not be on the ED tonight* gonk }
Nice topic here.......In the immortal words of Foamy, "You do not need a significant other as a status symbol. Having a BF/GF does not make you 'cool'". http://illwillpress.com/toons watch dating advice. On-topic- I might have gotten into a lasting relation ship with one who I love but she said shes not ready for a relationship after what happened with my friend Eric. They broke up in 1 week...........amazing.
Kirkus Maximus
Why must people insist on having a significant other? Why are there many threads with titles such as ?I wuna Gf/Bf?? This also applies to reality for surely you have heard friends speak of this.

The funny thing is that these relationships never seem to last. In our fast-paced world we seem to want more and more, and in this case, we want more and more boy/girl-friends.

Ex:
Me: Wait?did she just kiss him?
Other Guy: Yeah?so?
Me: But wasn?t she going out with that other guy?
OG: That was yesterday, slowpoke.
Me: But she told me that she loved that guy!
OG: So what?
Me: ? gonk

Do we stop to think what we really want out of a relationship? Do you just want to have someone to go to the dance with or to share your feelings with?

One of the gravest atrocities is the throwing around of the word ?love.? It really should be something special, but people seem to be so willing to say it. Do you think that they toss around that word in a attempt to secure love for themselves?

What are your thoughts?

Well, I sometimes feel like a dork for this........but I've never had a bf. Its not like im ugly and i've never been asked or anything of that sort....I've been asked lots of times, I've just always turned the guys down. I dunno......im not trying to be mean or anything, im just picky....if I dont have feelings towards a person.....I dont go out with them, and sadly...I've found no one yet. I dont like it when people throw the word love around.....it bothers me. I just think that people lose the meaning of the word...or they dont comprehend it b/c they've never realy truely loved anyone before, so they think that they are in love with anyone they have a relationship with. *sighs* maybe Im just making too much of a deal out of it.......am I setting myself up for disapointment?
Red Panda Fever!
Well,you see,I'm not a real "people person",so my longest was about 5 minutes ><

Damn, got me beat. 12 hours was my best, last, first, and only relationship. She practically dumped me mid-date, and the worst part was she said she was having a blast an hour prior to the dump.

Dangerous Dabbler

9,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Kirkus Maximus
Why must people insist on having a significant other? Why are there many threads with titles such as ?I wuna Gf/Bf?? This also applies to reality for surely you have heard friends speak of this.

The funny thing is that these relationships never seem to last. In our fast-paced world we seem to want more and more, and in this case, we want more and more boy/girl-friends.

Ex:
Me: Wait?did she just kiss him?
Other Guy: Yeah?so?
Me: But wasn?t she going out with that other guy?
OG: That was yesterday, slowpoke.
Me: But she told me that she loved that guy!
OG: So what?
Me: ? gonk

Do we stop to think what we really want out of a relationship? Do you just want to have someone to go to the dance with or to share your feelings with?

One of the gravest atrocities is the throwing around of the word ?love.? It really should be something special, but people seem to be so willing to say it. Do you think that they toss around that word in a attempt to secure love for themselves?

What are your thoughts?

I don't think anyone understands love. Love is one of the few things that has an aura of mystery in the way that people want it. No one really pays attention to the hurt and pain caused by love... they remark something like 'they weren't really in love' or 'it's the outside circumstances that caused issues with it.' I believe love is a rarity and unrecognised BECAUSE people are looking for it. They are turning shadows and possibilities into 'love' in their eyes. Honestly, how can you trly love someone if you don't know them? and can you really know someone from dating for only a few months? I know my parents don't know eachother well at all and they are going on their 23 year of marrage.
I think that people who constantly search for a significant other, just go into a relationship for the attention. They want to be noticed, to be sdored, and to be worried about. They live of the feeling that someone cares.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff