Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
michisuu
I mean, I'm a bit iffy when it comes to physical violence against men by women.

Guys are naturally stronger. A woman can hit a man and it can be nowhere as painful and harmful as when he actually hits her back.

That is assuming all men are built in the same way to the same degree and that all women have no clue how to put force behind a blow (womens self-defense karate or kick-boxing for exercise?), nor have the ability to use it in a malicious fashion. Plus, women are more likely to include objects in the assault, it is not usually a fisticuffs battle.

Noob

Phallic Wonderland
michisuu

Guys are naturally stronger. A woman can hit a man and it can be nowhere as painful and harmful as when he actually hits her back.

That is assuming all men are built in the same way to the same degree and that all women have no clue how to put force behind a blow (womens self-defense karate or kick-boxing for exercise?), nor have the ability to use it in a malicious fashion. Plus, women are more likely to include objects in the assault, it is not usually a fisticuffs battle.

I'm just saying that the playing field isn't exactly equal. The average man is stronger than the average woman.
If I was to 'play fight' with a girl who slapped me a bit too hard, it might have stung, but if I slapped her back to get equal, I'd probably hit her harder than she hit me.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
michisuu
Phallic Wonderland
michisuu

I'm just saying that the playing field isn't exactly equal. The average man is stronger than the average woman.
If I was to 'play fight' with a girl who slapped me a bit too hard, it might have stung, but if I slapped her back to get equal, I'd probably hit her harder than she hit me.

Are you trying to say that men have less control of force, or that women undermine their own strength?? I bet you and I would be pretty evenly matched. And having gotten into fights with other women in the past over stupid s**t as well as play-wrestled boyfriends, I cannot agree in totality that you would accidentally throw more force into your slap, or that a womans slap wouldn't hurt more.

I always try to take this stuff on a case by case basis, and statistics do show that in Intimate Partner Violence, we are on equal ground when both partners are doing the hitting. However, it is more likely that a woman is going to be the abuser in a one-sided partner violence case.

It doesn't make it less important because the majority of the population feels that a woman isn't capable of doing much harm, or that even if the man never hits back, that he is capable of doing more damage and thus making his abuse less harmful.

Fanatical Zealot

But I think we can all hate those homosexuals.

Fanatical Zealot

Phallic Wonderland
michisuu
Phallic Wonderland
michisuu

Are you trying to say that men have less control of force, or that women undermine their own strength?? I bet you and I would be pretty evenly matched. And having gotten into fights with other women in the past over stupid s**t as well as play-wrestled boyfriends, I cannot agree in totality that you would accidentally throw more force into your slap, or that a womans slap wouldn't hurt more.

I always try to take this stuff on a case by case basis, and statistics do show that in Intimate Partner Violence, we are on equal ground when both partners are doing the hitting. However, it is more likely that a woman is going to be the abuser in a one-sided partner violence case.

It doesn't make it less important because the majority of the population feels that a woman isn't capable of doing much harm, or that even if the man never hits back, that he is capable of doing more damage and thus making his abuse less harmful.

You obviously haven't seen the statistics on wife beating.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Phallic Wonderland
michisuu
Phallic Wonderland
michisuu

Meta-analysis of IPV and dating abuse. Huge study. Shows that women are as, and can be MORE, aggressive than men.
^^ This here link is an .EDU . I would like an analysis of wife-beating that has an .EDU at the end, as .ORGs can be skewed.
Wife beating is a terrible thing for sure, I never argued against that, but in terms of power dynamics, which is why partners show this kind of abuse, it is equally as devastating to a man, except there is no social program out there who won't think he's less of a man, or indeed the real perpetrator.

Fanatical Zealot

Phallic Wonderland
Suicidesoldier#1
Phallic Wonderland
michisuu
Phallic Wonderland
michisuu

Meta-analysis of IPV and dating abuse. Huge study. Shows that women are as, and can be MORE, aggressive than men.
^^ This here link is an .EDU . I would like an analysis of wife-beating that has an .EDU at the end, as .ORGs can be skewed.
Wife beating is a terrible thing for sure, I never argued against that, but in terms of power dynamics, which is why partners show this kind of abuse, it is equally as devastating to a man, except there is no social program out there who won't think he's less of a man, or indeed the real perpetrator.

Why always the word aggressive? I mean sheesh.

In terms of being a victim of "aggression", which this article talks about, we see some cases where woman are more aggressive than men- that being said, "aggression" could constitute being yelled at or a number of other things. Men might take anything against them a bit more personally.

Anyways, even "violence" is subjective, but if we're talking about domestic disputes where a level of violence that would indicate serious harm to an individual (broken bones, significant trauma along with bruising,etc.) men rate significantly higher in that accord.

Considering the fact that the majority of abused woman don't even report it themselves, it's unlikely men would either, so that's irrelevant.

As far as .EDU's go that can take quite a while, and usually I go off of direct police reports and things, and government funded surveys.

I suppose I could find those sources, but I don't think they'd really be more accurate than anything else.

Like your article, some may be intentionally misleading, others may be student's essays, some other may just be example writing, etc.

In that regards it doesn't really matter.

WARNING, THIS IS A PDF

Wiki

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Double-standard or not, I feel that if you hit someone until they're black and blue, you've gone past the point of "self defense" and entered the realm of self-control/anger management issues. I have ZERO tolerance or anyone claiming self-defense for going into berserker mode. I encourage people to find out about potential mates' outlooks before getting too involved.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Phallic Wonderland
Suicidesoldier#1
Phallic Wonderland
michisuu

In terms of being a victim of "aggression", which this article talks about, we see some cases where woman are more aggressive than men- that being said, "aggression" could constitute being yelled at or a number of other things. Men might take anything against them a bit more personally.

Anyways, even "violence" is subjective, but if we're talking about domestic disputes where a level of violence that would indicate serious harm to an individual (broken bones, significant trauma along with bruising,etc.) men rate significantly higher in that accord.

Considering the fact that the majority of abused woman don't even report it themselves, it's unlikely men would either, so that's irrelevant.

As far as .EDU's go that can take quite a while, and usually I go off of direct police reports and things, and government funded surveys.

I suppose I could find those sources, but I don't think they'd really be more accurate than anything else.

Like your article, some may be intentionally misleading, others may be student's essays, some other may just be example writing, etc.

WARNING, THIS IS A PDF

Wiki

My entire point of the whole matter is that, and your Wiki points out, that women have a high degree of acceptance or turned cheek when it comes to abusing their partner. Men are always put to light first because of the potential to use more force. Your Wiki is in line with what I have been trying to say; Regardless of potential of power, women are seen as incapable, or less likely to be believed as being, equally violent towards their male partners and men can be just as shamed and manipulated in a relationship (such as blackmail through child custody threats) as well as physically abused.

But people seem to disregard this as less important, even though women have been the spotlight for ages, the poster-gender for violence and rape, even though overall, men are more likely to be the victim of general deadly violence committed by other men, and also your mention of BOTH genders being reluctant to actually come forward, men more so because of -their- perceived role in society.

Do men deserve a safe place to go that can help them? Most certainly. Does the government have any more funds to help this cause for awareness? Not really, most of it goes to women-centered causes that automatically place men in demonized positions (such as that "walk in her shoes" pledge, not to recognize signs, but simply to prevent rape or being a rapist. Not very conducive to actually learning, is it?) and women-centered safe places, women-centered resources and hotlines, etc..

How old is that PDF?

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
If someone hits me, regardless of their sex, I think that I have every justification to hit them back if I so choose. Tit for tat. I do and have done combat displays against men, and fully expect them not to hold back if I am also not holding back; if I couldn't cope with it, I wouldn't be putting on the display, simply put. Whether she hit him harder or not - you can't obviously tell that from the clip, for all we know it could have stung like ******** and he controlled his response.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
the problem with what your saying is that its only a double standard in a hypothetical 'ideal' world. you say its a double standard that a man who has lots of sex is a stud whilst a woman who has lots of sex is a slut. That would be a double standard if current day social conditioning was different.

The truth is that in today's world its still harder for a guy to get laid then a girl. Guy has to ask 100 times, a girl only has to say yes once. I'm not saying its right, in fact i don't think it is but we have to accept that this is still the world we live in. Guys are still told to get laid as much as possible and girls are still told to hold out. We'll call this problem A and your point as problem B

So you can't really complain to much about problem B when its a result of Problem A, we have to sort out problem A first and then slowly problem B will vanish as a result.

And now getting closer to the point, the reason why a guy who gets a lot of sex is put in high regard and called a stud is because in the real world (as appose to a hypothetical 'ideal' world, thats still difficult to do but the other way around isn't so much. and thats why its not a double standard. to put it simply

'a key that can open a lot of locks is a master key, but a lock that is opened by a lot of keys is a bad lock.'

The reason why men are keys and women are locks is the problem you should be complaining about.

Fanatical Zealot

Phallic Wonderland
Suicidesoldier#1
Phallic Wonderland
Suicidesoldier#1
Phallic Wonderland
michisuu

WARNING, THIS IS A PDF

Wiki

My entire point of the whole matter is that, and your Wiki points out, that women have a high degree of acceptance or turned cheek when it comes to abusing their partner. Men are always put to light first because of the potential to use more force. Your Wiki is in line with what I have been trying to say; Regardless of potential of power, women are seen as incapable, or less likely to be believed as being, equally violent towards their male partners and men can be just as shamed and manipulated in a relationship (such as blackmail through child custody threats) as well as physically abused.

But people seem to disregard this as less important, even though women have been the spotlight for ages, the poster-gender for violence and rape, even though overall, men are more likely to be the victim of general deadly violence committed by other men, and also your mention of BOTH genders being reluctant to actually come forward, men more so because of -their- perceived role in society.

Do men deserve a safe place to go that can help them? Most certainly. Does the government have any more funds to help this cause for awareness? Not really, most of it goes to women-centered causes that automatically place men in demonized positions (such as that "walk in her shoes" pledge, not to recognize signs, but simply to prevent rape or being a rapist. Not very conducive to actually learning, is it?) and women-centered safe places, women-centered resources and hotlines, etc..

How old is that PDF?

I don't think woman are seen as weak and can't do it, just nice and wouldn't do it.

And if they did, the man probably deserved it- obviously there is the exception to the rule, but it's significantly lower, especially statistically.

But of course we're talking about generalities.

I think in a case were a man came in with a broken arm as a result of his wife beating him with a golf club the woman's actions would most likely be written up as "domestic violence".

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Jin_of_the_thunder
the problem with what your saying is that its only a double standard in a hypothetical 'ideal' world. you say its a double standard that a man who has lots of sex is a stud whilst a woman who has lots of sex is a slut. That would be a double standard if current day social conditioning was different.

The truth is that in today's world its still harder for a guy to get laid then a girl. Guy has to ask 100 times, a girl only has to say yes once. I'm not saying its right, in fact i don't think it is but we have to accept that this is still the world we live in. Guys are still told to get laid as much as possible and girls are still told to hold out. We'll call this problem A and your point as problem B

So you can't really complain to much about problem B when its a result of Problem A, we have to sort out problem A first and then slowly problem B will vanish as a result.

And now getting closer to the point, the reason why a guy who gets a lot of sex is put in high regard and called a stud is because in the real world (as appose to a hypothetical 'ideal' world, thats still difficult to do but the other way around isn't so much. and thats why its not a double standard. to put it simply

'a key that can open a lot of locks is a master key, but a lock that is opened by a lot of keys is a bad lock.'

The reason why men are keys and women are locks is the problem you should be complaining about.

That's a good point, even though the analogy still gives women more power over sex. Reminds me of chastity belts.

That does make it a double standard, that men are encouraged to go out and "spread their seed", even though no seed is involved usually, and that women are told to keep their clam shut if they don't want everyone and their mother to call them a whore.

Where, o where, to fit this in my OP...

1,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I completely agree. Not only in gender, but race, sexual orientation, basically everything. Even language. Thanks for speaking out, even though these idiots are just in denial about the truth that's right in front of them everyday. No matter how much society "develops" or "progresses", this will always happen.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Phallic Wonderland
Suicidesoldier#1
Phallic Wonderland
Suicidesoldier#1

WARNING, THIS IS A PDF

Wiki

How old is that PDF?

I don't think woman are seen as weak and can't do it, just nice and wouldn't do it.

And if they did, the man probably deserved it- obviously there is the exception to the rule, but it's significantly lower, especially statistically.

But of course we're talking about generalities.

I think in a case were a man came in with a broken arm as a result of his wife beating him with a golf club the woman's actions would most likely be written up as "domestic violence".

LOL, you think women in general are nice? Not my experience, bro. They can even be worse than a mans upfront a*****e words and actions. Catty and underhanded is one of woman's biggest weapons.

And there you go again, doubting that a woman can have an abusive mentality. We've already said that men are LESS likely than women to not say anything, so for both sides of this, the statistics lack although I tried and I appreciate your reciprocation. The pressure to "man up" is the same way people go about telling women that we are the victim, even if we started it and even if -we raped him-.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff