Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Explorer

Why does the Department of Homeland Security need 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition?
link
link
I have never heard of hollow point bullets being used in target practice and in any case, why do they need so many?
Maybe someone around here can shed some light on this?
Aryun Taguhi
Why does the Department of Homeland Security need 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition?
link
link
I have never heard of hollow point bullets being used in target practice and in any case, why do they need so many?

Really can't think of any good reasons.
This breaks down to 7,446 rounds for each and every employee of DHS. Lets be realistic. They don't all carry. And I don't know of anything outside of competition shooters that crack off that many rounds annually.
That also equates to 4.66 bullets for every man, woman and child in this country.

Friendly Explorer

Old Blue Collar Joe
Aryun Taguhi
link
link

This breaks down to 7,446 rounds for each and every employee of DHS. Lets be realistic. They don't all carry. And I don't know of anything outside of competition shooters that crack off that many rounds annually.
That also equates to 4.66 bullets for every man, woman and child in this country.

burning_eyes So I am not crazy in thinking this is ridiculous? This is freaky..

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I'm not saying this is lying at all, but really? RT is one of the two most reputable sources you can find?

But anyways, the government doesn't try to conserve money. It just doesn't. My father was an officer in the Air Force, and then worked for a company that did simulation contracts for the government, and he has countless stories of how money is wasted. Things like buying pens in bulk, and each individual ballpoint pen comes out to cost fifty dollars each

Odds are they told someone to order ammunition, and rather than buy just enough, risk running out, and maybe getting fired, the guy took the safe bet

They'll just sit in a building off somewhere, collecting dust, as they continue buying new ammunition every year

This kind of thing is why we can't trust the government to handle anything

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Aryun Taguhi
Old Blue Collar Joe
Aryun Taguhi
link
link

burning_eyes So I am not crazy in thinking this is ridiculous? This is freaky..

Why is it freaky?

Friendly Explorer

My Dog Mr. Kitty
I'm not saying this is lying at all, but really? RT is one of the two most reputable sources you can find?

But anyways, the government doesn't try to conserve money. It just doesn't. My father was an officer in the Air Force, and then worked for a company that did simulation contracts for the government, and he has countless stories of how money is wasted. Things like buying pens in bulk, and each individual ballpoint pen comes out to cost fifty dollars each

Odds are they told someone to order ammunition, and rather than buy just enough, risk running out, and maybe getting fired, the guy took the safe bet

They'll just sit in a building off somewhere, collecting dust, as they continue buying new ammunition every year

Where are your resources if mine are not satisfying enough? Your farther? That hardly holds weight, but then again I am not saying that you are lying. It is possible and true that we cannot trust our government to handle anything and yet we do.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Where are your resources if mine are not satisfying enough? Your farther? That hardly holds weight, but then again I am not saying that you are lying. It is possible and true that we cannot trust our government to handle anything and yet we do.

I'm simply pointing out that RT is as anti-American as you can get
I wasn't saying anything he said as fact, simply using it as a way to make the fact that the government is extremely wasteful simply because it's not their money easier to understand

Exactly, they ruin everything they get involved in
The Postal Service, social security, health care (hopefully not soon to be), etc. That's why we must allow them to control as little as possible

Friendly Explorer

My Dog Mr. Kitty
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty

I wasn't saying anything he said as fact, simply using it as a way to make the fact that the government is extremely wasteful simply because it's not their money easier to understand

The Postal Service, social security, health care (hopefully not soon to be), etc. That's why we must allow them to control as little as possible

I am curious what makes you think that RT is as anti-American as one can get.
Also, I do not understand how you are trying make a fact after typing that what you had typed earlier was possibly not a fact in relations? One cannot just make a fact either, it just is.

They are indeed very wasteful and not only in money, but it seems as though they enjoy wasting life as well.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Also, I do not understand how you are trying make a fact after typing that what you had typed earlier was possibly not a fact in relations? One cannot just make a fact either, it just is.

They are indeed very wasteful and not only in money, but it seems as though they enjoy wasting life as well.

I never said "This is true, end of discussion". I simply told you what he told me. I never said it was true, simply that he said it and that I trust him
Don't want to believe me? Okay, you have every right. It was just a story

Are you kidding me? Just watch it sometimes. All they ever have on as "Americans" are extremely far right views, or extremely far left views. It's Russian. Clearly they're going to have a bias

Wasting life?

Friendly Explorer

My Dog Mr. Kitty
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty

I never said "This is true, end of discussion". I simply told you what he told me. I never said it was true, simply that he said it and that I trust him

Are you kidding me? Just watch it sometimes. All they ever have on as "Americans" are extremely far right views, or extremely far left views. It's Russian. Clearly they're going to have a bias

Wasting life?

Eh, I haven't seen that yet, but okay. In any case I find any sort of government that declares war and yet those who declare it do not stand on the front lines, but tell the youngin's to go forth and die, poison the water and food, microwave our bodies with radiation and then say that radiation therapy will help destroy cancer which it does along with the rest of the body, so on and so forth. But of course, you don't have to believe me.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Wasting life?

Eh, I haven't seen that yet, but okay. In any case I find any sort of government that declares war and yet those who declare it do not stand on the front lines, but tell the youngin's to go forth and die, poison the water and food, microwave our bodies with radiation and then say that radiation therapy will help destroy cancer which it does along with the rest of the body, so on and so forth. But of course, you don't have to believe me.

I wasn't saying that it's lying this one time, or saying that I don't believe the numbers, or saying anything about this thread like that. I'm simply pointing out that in the future, if you want to be taken seriously, try to find more reputable sources than RT. It's simply not trusted

What government doesn't do that in a war?

Poison the water and food? Microwave our bodies with radiation? What the hell are you talking about?

Gaian

What? We're Americans. We don't embrace other cultures, we conquer them! We need ammo.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
AvenirLegacy
What? We're Americans. We don't embrace other cultures, we conquer them! We need ammo.

The DHS is an interior ministry

thus if that ammo is going to be used it's going to be used on US civilians

it's likely they are planing for mass riots or something to that effect.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
My Dog Mr. Kitty

RT is far more reputable than ANY American new program.

Someone still lives in the cold war era.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Aryun Taguhi
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Anti-American? HAHAHAHAHA Did it occur to you that most of the reporters are American?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff