Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
logan the god of candy
Steam Punk Adept
This works the same as having the Death Penalty deters murder. Oh wait, it doesn't.

actually it's a known fact that it does. people that get locked up for murder still murder in prison. unless they are dead.
People that get locked up for Petty Theft also murder in prison. And The death penalty does not deter, it only puts a stop to that person murdering. Huge difference.

Hallowed Hunter

[Net]
Dardanos Immortalis

The reason why they shouldn't be tortured is not because the don't deserve it or even because its wrong, but because who is going to do the torturing? Anyone who would want that job should be locked behind bars. Torturing them serves no purpose other than the pleasure of the sadistic b*****d you hire to do the job.

I say just kill them.

But then by your own logic, anyone who would want to kill them should be locked behind bars.

It depends on why they want to kill them. If they just get giddy of of killing people then yes.
But if they do it, no because the like killing, or want to kill, but to make they world a safer place, then no.
There are people willing to spend their own lives doing the hard stuff so the rest of the world can live in peace, with a clean conscience.
Killing, while of course undesirable is sometimes necessary. Torture rarely is. And certainly not in the capacity that you mentioned.

Aged Lunatic

I really wish people would stop trying to think their sexual fantasies would make great public policy.
Dardanos Immortalis
[Net]
Dardanos Immortalis

The reason why they shouldn't be tortured is not because the don't deserve it or even because its wrong, but because who is going to do the torturing? Anyone who would want that job should be locked behind bars. Torturing them serves no purpose other than the pleasure of the sadistic b*****d you hire to do the job.

I say just kill them.

But then by your own logic, anyone who would want to kill them should be locked behind bars.

It depends on why they want to kill them. If they just get giddy of of killing people then yes.
But if they do it, no because the like killing, or want to kill, but to make they world a safer place, then no.
There are people willing to spend their own lives doing the hard stuff so the rest of the world can live in peace, with a clean conscience.
Killing, while of course undesirable is sometimes necessary. Torture rarely is. And certainly not in the capacity that you mentioned.

Killing isn't necessary in the capacity that you mentioned either. We're not so different.

Hallowed Hunter

[Net]
Dardanos Immortalis
[Net]
Dardanos Immortalis

I say just kill them.

Killing isn't necessary in the capacity that you mentioned either. We're not so different.

That's a matter of opinion. Its certainly more practical than raping them.

Tell me. Who will carry out this punishment? What kind of people are these deliverers? What do you do if one of the rapists enjoys their punishment?
Dardanos Immortalis
Tell me. Who will carry out this punishment?

People with a strong sense of justice.

Dardanos Immortalis
What kind of people are these deliverers?

The type who are willing to spend their own lives doing the hard stuff so the rest of the world can live in peace, with a clean conscience.

Dardanos Immortalis
What do you do if one of the rapists enjoys their punishment?

What do you do if a murderer is suicidal?

Wheezing Millionaire

[Net]
ashitagaaru
You speak of an ironic punishment, where the punishment is the crime.

Hey, it works for capital punishment, right?

ashitagaaru
I would propose that the crime be converted into monetary value and have the person work as an indentured servant to pay off the crime. That would be much more amusing than your proposal.

But then anyone who's rich could just pay off the costs, getting off scott free.

ashitagaaru
Plus, how do you know the person doesn't have a fetish for being raped themselves?
And rape being a fairly common fetish, would people try to rape others more in attempts to be raped themselves?

That's not how a rape fetish works. I suggest you do research.

1) No, it doesn't work for capital punishment.
2) No paying off costs. That's cheating. You must work it off.
3) Do you have a rape fetish? Please, explain it to me. I wish to learn.

Hallowed Smoker

That's neither punishment not justice.

It's revenge wrapped in a retribution bow.

Hallowed Hunter

[Net]
Dardanos Immortalis

And a rape fetish.

[Net]
Dardanos Immortalis

The type who are willing to spend their own lives doing the hard stuff so the rest of the world can live in peace, with a clean conscience.

Oh, you think that's clever do you.

[Net]
Dardanos Immortalis

Saves us the bother. And a bullet.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
An eye for an eye makes everyone blind

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
What worked for the Babylonians( or was it Sumerians) might not work now. Doing it your way might just make rapists also become murderers. After all, they are going to have to hide any evidence of commissioning said crime.
[Net]
Dardanos Immortalis

Dardanos Immortalis

Dardanos Immortalis

You really need to learn the difference between justice and cruelty.
The people who would want to do this? They are rather demented to begin with.
If a murderer is suicidal, give him a hand.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
GunsmithKitten
I really wish people would stop trying to think their sexual fantasies would make great public policy.

The day that happens, I'll be Emperor of Earth. Besides if you want cruelty, then rapist should be gelded. That might help solve the problem.

Fanatical Prophet

People have a bad tendency to go full retard when it comes to rapists. I've seen people suggesting s**t like mutilation to sexual abuse (like the OP) to the death penalty. It's disgusting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff