Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Net]
skullkey848
Woah...that is a very strange thought I have to say! Would it not simply make more sense to castrate them? And who would volunteer for such a role???

That would only work on one of the genders. As for your second question, it wouldn't be such an odd occurance. Just like how's there's plenty of people that volunteer to execute.

Women can be castrated, as can men.

Fanatical Zealot

No human being deserves to raped or should ever be raped.

It also really wouldn't fit- an eye for an eye isn't always the right thing.

I say we just kill them and get rid of them.

Can't expect them to be in prisons cause they'll rape again, so it's best just to make them disappear.

If we could shoot them on to another planet or into space- cool.

Until then death penalty.
Suicidesoldier#1

Can't expect them to be in prisons cause they'll rape again, so it's best just to make them disappear.

I could get behind that actually. I just think my idea is more fitting, but to each his own.

Wouldn't blasting them off into space be really expensive, though?
skullkey848
[Net]
skullkey848
Woah...that is a very strange thought I have to say! Would it not simply make more sense to castrate them? And who would volunteer for such a role???

That would only work on one of the genders. As for your second question, it wouldn't be such an odd occurance. Just like how's there's plenty of people that volunteer to execute.

Well, in any case, castration as a punishment should be saved for those who have illegally castrated.
ashitagaaru
You speak of an ironic punishment, where the punishment is the crime.

Hey, it works for capital punishment, right?

ashitagaaru
I would propose that the crime be converted into monetary value and have the person work as an indentured servant to pay off the crime. That would be much more amusing than your proposal.

But then anyone who's rich could just pay off the costs, getting off scott free.

ashitagaaru
Plus, how do you know the person doesn't have a fetish for being raped themselves?
And rape being a fairly common fetish, would people try to rape others more in attempts to be raped themselves?

That's not how a rape fetish works. I suggest you do research.

Fanatical Zealot

[Net]
Suicidesoldier#1

I could get behind that actually. I just think my idea is more fitting, but to each his own.

Wouldn't blasting them off into space be really expensive, though?

Yeah, plus we don't know of any naturally habitable planets.

Maybe when space tech gets cheap and we colonize idk, some moon or something, we can send them there and give them a second chance on life, away from here, where they can never get back or it will be near impossible to.
[Net]
skullkey848
[Net]
skullkey848

Well, in any case, castration as a punishment should be saved for those who have illegally castrated.

I see you did your homework.
[Net]
Cardinal punishment is a term, that I have invented, for a type of punishment that I believe should be issued to rapists. To describe the punishment, it involves restraining the rapist in a room where a volunteer, that I shall dub the "deliverer", sexually penetrates the rapist against their will.

Reasons why I believe cardinal punishment should be institutionalized:

-To deliver justice. What more appropiate form of justice is there than to make the punishment fit the crime?

-To help bring relief to victims of rape. Rape victims are traumatized from the event, and their families also suffer as a result. Sentencing rapists to cardinal punishment can help victims heal.

-It would be a great crime deterrent. People would be more reluctant to rape if there's a possibility of facing cardinal punishment.

-If rapists are sentenced to cardinal punishment, their time in prison could be reduced. This would help with the issue of overcrowed prisons as well as the costs of maintaining those prisons.

-It would deter the rapist from raping again. Eventually, rapists are given parole. Even worse, they can escape prison before their time is served. But by teaching them a lesson with cardinal punishment, they would be unlikely to rape again (compared to if they were only given a prison sentence).

Discuss.

- What makes raping a rapist just? I happen to think that there is a better, and more just, way to have a punishment fit the crime. What you have described is something more like revenge, which the law should not be in the business of.

- I think therapy is much better at helping victims and their families get over their pain.

- I question its capacity to deter crime. Lord knows states with the death penalty dont have much lower crime rates, so I question how well this rape policy would work.

- I dont think it would help overcrowding much, as the higher numbers have more to do with minor offenses than serious stuff like rape.

- Eh, or you make them more likely to offend as they try to grapple with the fact that they were raped. Works the same way as victims of bullying sometimes becoming bullies.

Also, I dont think you invented the term 'cardinal punishment' so much as slapped two existing words together.
I need an adult.

Cruel and unusual punishment is banned by the Constitution.
Steam Punk Adept
This works the same as having the Death Penalty deters murder. Oh wait, it doesn't.

actually it's a known fact that it does. people that get locked up for murder still murder in prison. unless they are dead.
[Net]

<snip to the end>
-It would deter the rapist from raping again. Eventually, rapists are given parole. Even worse, they can escape prison before their time is served. But by teaching them a lesson with cardinal punishment, they would be unlikely to rape again (compared to if they were only given a prison sentence).

No, actually it wouldn't. In fact, given common profiles of child molestors and other violent sexual offenders, this would more likely *reinforce* their tendencies and devolve them to greater levels of violence.

In short, all you'd be doing is breeding a worse criminal.

Mega Noob

That's a terrible idea.

Hallowed Hunter

That's ridiculous.

Do they deserve to feel the pain they force on their victims? Of course! You take away someones rights, you lose yours in the process.

The reason why they shouldn't be tortured is not because the don't deserve it or even because its wrong, but because who is going to do the torturing? Anyone who would want that job should be locked behind bars. Torturing them serves no purpose other than the pleasure of the sadistic b*****d you hire to do the job.

I say just kill them. They're no longer a threat and the victims can move on, knowing that they can't hurt them or anyone else again.

The reason the death penalty is not a deterrent is because the system is terrible and the rapists and other scum know this. Compare the number of executions to the number of rapes and murders and its fairly obvious why it doesn't work as a deterrent.
Dardanos Immortalis

The reason why they shouldn't be tortured is not because the don't deserve it or even because its wrong, but because who is going to do the torturing? Anyone who would want that job should be locked behind bars. Torturing them serves no purpose other than the pleasure of the sadistic b*****d you hire to do the job.

I say just kill them.

But then by your own logic, anyone who would want to kill them should be locked behind bars.
[Net]
Cardinal punishment is a term, that I have invented, for a type of punishment that I believe should be issued to rapists. To describe the punishment, it involves restraining the rapist in a room where a volunteer, that I shall dub the "deliverer", sexually penetrates the rapist against their will.

Reasons why I believe cardinal punishment should be institutionalized:

-To deliver justice. What more appropiate form of justice is there than to make the punishment fit the crime?

-To help bring relief to victims of rape. Rape victims are traumatized from the event, and their families also suffer as a result. Sentencing rapists to cardinal punishment can help victims heal.

-It would be a great crime deterrent. People would be more reluctant to rape if there's a possibility of facing cardinal punishment.

-If rapists are sentenced to cardinal punishment, their time in prison could be reduced. This would help with the issue of overcrowed prisons as well as the costs of maintaining those prisons.

Discuss.

Not only is this incredibly gay, it's redundant as a ********.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff