Welcome to Gaia! ::

ratgirl34
I refuse to pay for the ability to drop a huge s**t in a public toilet. I'll take a crap on the floor next to the washroom before I pay for it. Works for my cats when I don't clean their litter frequently enough.

I think the problem is with the individual who mess up the washrooms, not the washrooms themselves.
I agree that the individual is solely responsible for their own actions.

I'm just offering an alternative, especially considering if you took a dump outside a restroom in protest, you have a high risk of being arrested for public indecency.
ratgirl34
Dryskale
Silent Mule Man
Dryskale
Aporeia
Morgenna
The answer to this dilemma is to start making them pay per use toilets. The money collected for their use could then be put towards more frequent and better quality maintenance.
Or it could result in unflushed toilets and sink stinks.
Unless the person has to pay to even enter the bathroom area. The end result would theoretically be cleaner and a more pleasant experience due to people have to be conscious of the fact they paid to go in in the first place.
This simply won't work. People won't continuously pay to use a bathroom, the very idea is ridiculous.
Well, if most people won't pay to use the bathroom, then the bathroom would be cleaner by default. It would be a privilege to use the paid bathroom.

And a clean washroom with no one using it has what purpose? Nothing.
Its purpose remains as being a washroom, if no one chooses to use it, it is their right.
Silent Mule Man
Yeah. The bathroom would be cleaner. Too bad people would start shitting everywhere else. Like a sandpit in the basement of the house they're working on, or the backyard.
Why not the public restroom? If people refuse to use the Public Restroom due to conditions, and when a private washroom offers them better conditions, but just a small fee, is it not the people's fault for choosing your said examples?
Dryskale
Silent Mule Man
Yeah. The bathroom would be cleaner. Too bad people would start shitting everywhere else. Like a sandpit in the basement of the house they're working on, or the backyard.
Why not the public restroom? If people refuse to use the Public Restroom due to conditions, and when a private washroom offers them better conditions, but just a small fee, is it not the people's fault for choosing your said examples?
You're assuming that such options exist. I've been working on a job in Jamaica where there is no functioning bathroom but the one in the Greek restaurant across the street where you have to buy something if you want to use it.

Lavish Romantic

Morgenna
The answer to this dilemma is to start making them pay per use toilets. The money collected for their use could then be put towards more frequent and better quality maintenance.
This is actually a good idea, except that the wages wouldn't rise to meet the increase in living costs and you'd have homeless people rebelling over it.

Ultimately it would just be another convenient way for capitalism to ******** us all over.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aunchie_Sana
Morgenna
This is actually a good idea, except that the wages wouldn't rise to meet the increase in living costs and you'd have homeless people rebelling over it.

Ultimately it would just be another convenient way for capitalism to ******** us all over.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm offering an alternative to the nasty public toilet the OP brought up. It doesn't remove the public option, just add an alternative. Capitalism isn't the problem, manipulation is the problem. The state could close down the public option all together if they so choose.

As long as their is demand for use of a toilet system, the private one will remain.

The question actually comes up, why is anyone entitle to use a public or private bathroom?
Silent Mule Man
You're assuming that such options exist. I've been working on a job in Jamaica where there is no functioning bathroom but the one in the Greek restaurant across the street where you have to buy something if you want to use it.
I was offering a solution to the OP, which has a public bathroom.

Lavish Romantic

Dryskale
The question actually comes up, why is anyone entitle to use a public or private bathroom?
Because 100% of the population has the need to excrete waste, and while certain laws against public exposure still exist, their needs must be met in a private place, and not everyone can be in the safety of their own home when the need arises.
Because of those facts, I feel that this actually qualifies, for once, as being entitled.

Not that they should be entitled to s**t on the floor or smear it on the walls or leave profanity on the stalls or whatever hell else people get up to in public and private restrooms... Humanity sickens me.

Shirtless Member

Dryskale
ratgirl34
I refuse to pay for the ability to drop a huge s**t in a public toilet. I'll take a crap on the floor next to the washroom before I pay for it. Works for my cats when I don't clean their litter frequently enough.

I think the problem is with the individual who mess up the washrooms, not the washrooms themselves.

I'm just offering an alternative, especially considering if you took a dump outside a restroom in protest, you have a high risk of being arrested for public indecency.

I wont hold that against the arresting officer. But I do have the right to peaceful protest, even if it is gross and liable to get me arrested.
Aunchie_Sana
Dryskale
Because 100% of the population has the need to excrete waste, and while certain laws against public exposure still exist, their needs must be met in a private place, and not everyone can be in the safety of their own home when the need arises.
Because of those facts, I feel that this actually qualifies, for once, as being entitled.
If you feel that others are entitled to a private bathroom, lets say I provide it, then I won't build it unless others are willing to pay, since its my bathroom. If its a public bathroom, who is going to pay for the bathroom and its upkeep?

Quote:
Not that they should be entitled to s**t on the floor or smear it on the walls or leave profanity on the stalls or whatever hell else people get up to in public and private restrooms... Humanity sickens me.
My above stands.
ratgirl34
Dryskale
ratgirl34

I wont hold that against the arresting officer. But I do have the right to peaceful protest, even if it is gross and liable to get me arrested.
You definitely have the right to protest, just as I have the right to charge to use my private bathroom if I see it fit to do so.

Gawker

I have this problem too.

Women's bathrooms are extremely disgusting. A lot of women are afraid of catching AIDS from toilet seats, so instead of sitting, they hover so urine and feces go all over the toilet seat and the floor. They also leave their blood soaked pads and tampons lying everywhere.

Lavish Romantic

Dryskale
Aunchie_Sana
Dryskale
If you feel that others are entitled to a private bathroom, lets say I provide it, then I won't build it unless others are willing to pay, since its my bathroom. If its a public bathroom, who is going to pay for the bathroom and its upkeep?

Quote:
My above stands.
Sorry, I should have specified the difference between being entitled to use public vs. private restrooms. The private restrooms I'll grant, they're entitled to use so long as they can afford the maintenance fee. Public restrooms, though, should be maintained by the government since they're the ones enforcing the laws against public exposure. Of course, that's all going to come out of the taxpayer's pocket anyway.
Aunchie_Sana
Sorry, I should have specified the difference between being entitled to use public vs. private restrooms. The private restrooms I'll grant, they're entitled to use so long as they can afford the maintenance fee. Public restrooms, though, should be maintained by the government since they're the ones enforcing the laws against public exposure. Of course, that's all going to come out of the taxpayer's pocket anyway.
This is where I agree with you. *cheers*. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces