Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harley Jade Linnea
Vita Divina
Harley Jade Linnea
Vita Divina
Harley Jade Linnea
Vita Divina

I do eat cows and chickens, but I would never directly hurt or kill them unless my life depended on it.

No, you see even if the baby was at nine months and would kill the mother if it was born for whatever reason then I believe it would be up to the mother whether or not she sacrificed her life or her baby's. I see you did not read my first post very well. However if the chance is improbable then that is not a good enough chance for me to agree that is is fine to kill the fetus. Do you understand my morals yet?

yes, we understand that women are worthless to you. We understand that you think 47,000 women dying every year in developing countries because of unsafe abortions is fine and dandy, because they're worthless women.

As I have already said, I will not continue to discuss the topic. Although I do have to ask, did you completely miss the part where I said I do not wish to push my morals on others and was just explaining them. Or are you just dense?

Anyone who supports an agenda that wants to turn women into walking incubators, of which you have shown yourself to be with your anti-woman spiel, fits into the category of not giving a s**t about women. At least have the balls to man up and admit it.

LMFAO! Do you not understand that regardless of my morals I believe it is up to the woman completely? Are you ******** retarded?

Its nice to see you're an all around bigot. What's next, a racial or ethnic slur because I'm part native American?

Try pulling your head out of your a** and reading what people actually say.

You take a pro-life stance. That aligns you with the anti-woman agenda. You said you will not 'push' your morals, However, nowhere have you stated 'I would never, ever, ever vote on a bill or a law or an amendment that would strip women of their right to bodily integrity'. So until you ******** say that, sexist, I will call you what you are; anti-woman.

Me a bigot? Lol, my boyfriend is black, I guess all that proves is I don't hate gay black people but whatever. And no, I do not vote on things that do not affect me. If it is something only women have to deal with then imo only women should be allowed to vote, the same when it affects only men (though i've yet to see something like that) and while that is probably considered sexism I don't care anymore. And I am definitely not anti women when 80% of my friends are women.
Harley Jade Linnea
God Emperor Baldur
Lucky~9~Lives
God Emperor Baldur
A Mythic Angel
You mean like the Feds who had a Republican controlled house that has refused to let anything get done in Washington?

Tell me again how Democrats have the ability to make laws in Republican controlled states.

By passing federal laws, but they refused to do such a thing.

Maybe they were prevented.

By themselves. They had a 2 year gap to get things done and in that 2 year gap, most of the obstruction was by the democrats. They were also the reason why public option was thrown out the window.

you must be getting your 'poltics' from faux News.

No I'm getting it from reality. The reason Obama had to drop the public healthcare option is because he would not get the majority vote needed to pass his bill. Between 2009 and 2011, the majority democrats did s**t. They were corporate puppets like the republicans.
>Last year, we published a peer-reviewed study documenting 413 arrests or equivalent actions depriving pregnant women of their physical liberty during the 32 years between 1973, when Roe v. Wade was decided, and 2005.

that's not really that much considering the police state we live in, in general.

>In another case, a woman who had been in labor at home was picked up by a sheriff, strapped down in the back of an ambulance, taken to a hospital, and forced to have a cesarean she did not want.

this happens to patients in hospitals all the time. you get little to no say-so in your healthcare in this country it seems. the only thing you can do is try to work with a doctor on a treatment plan but most of the time they are rushing around and don't have time to deal with you or maybe they are just lazy or don't know exactly what it is they are doing.

i mean idk what should be ideal but i think the average wait time in emergency rooms is a few hours. ?

one thing i think should happen is that i think doctors should listen to your complaints and then determine what the problem/illness probably is-there is no guarantee they are correct 100% of the time-and then they should state all the possible treatment options so that you may be more informed. i guess it doesn't matter b/c we all have google and webmd at our fingertips these days but something like that could still be done.

and it's highly annoying that alternative/natural/etc healthcare and medicine just isn't taken seriously even though there maybe little research saying whether it's valid or not. and usually it's liberals, not conservatives who are guilty of that.
Vita Divina
I support abortion up to the 2nd month. iirc that is when the part of the brain that develops emotion begins to form. So at that point I consider it to be an actual animal and no longer just well organized cells. However I don't care if the baby is 9 months, if the mother will die or even has a high risk of dying just to make the baby survive then I believe she should have complete rights to make that decision of whether or not she sacrifices her life or her baby's.

do you also support mandatory organ/blood donation? or anything like that?

IRL Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Megathread 100
Tsk, when are people going to understand abortion is a women's rights issue. emotion_facepalm

IRL Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Megathread 100
Doctor George Kapland
HOLD THE ******** PHONE

People are being forced into medical procedures, murdered, charged, imprisioned, and the best argument you ******** ******** can come up with is "oh, stupid republicans. NO it's the democrats fault! No it's the republicans fault!"

Or some mamby pamby bullshit about when abortions should be allowed?

Women. Are. Being. Strapped. To. Tables. Refused to go home. And cut open. Even when they want the child, potentially killed, because a judge says it's groovy?

Are we okay with that?

Because I am not okay with that.
I don't suppose anyone is.

But who's messing s**t up? The government. That's why the discussion has veered towards politics because it is now a women's rights issue. As soon as they government wants to step in and control who gets strapped to what table, people need to know who's making that call.
I'm for abortion up until the fetus could survive outside of the woman's body. Until that point, fine, abort it. After that point, either carry to term or have it surgically removed, because it's actually an infant.

Something abortion advocates rarely push is the issue of bodily integrity as a general right, instead opting for a woman's right to choose or women's bodily integrity.

A interesting case was McFall vs Shimp:

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McFall_v._Shimp

McFall v. Shimp, 10 Pa. D. & C. 3d 90 (July 26, 197 cool was an Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, court case. The court ruled that it is unacceptable to force another person to donate body parts, even in a situation of medical necessity.

Thirty-nine-year-old unmarried asbestos worker Robert McFall suffered "from a rare bone marrow disease" called aplastic anemia, where the patient's bone marrow fails to manufacture certain necessary blood components.[1] Without an urgent bone marrow transfusion, McFall would soon die.[2] McFall's first cousin, a 42-year-old crane worker[1] named David Shimp, was the only available bone marrow match for McFall at the time, but Shimp refused to donate his bone marrow, which would have dramatically increased the odds of saving McFall's life (with Shimp's bone marrow donation, doctors estimated that McFall would have had a 50% to 60% chance of surviving).[1] McFall then sued Shimp in order to force him to donate his bone marrow, but when the case ended up in court, Judge John P. Flaherty Jr. stated that Shimp's position was "morally indefensible," but simultaneously refused to force Shimp to donate his bone marrow.[3] Judge Flaherty also stated that forcing a person to submit to an intrusion of his body in order to donate bone marrow "would defeat the sanctity of the individual and would impose a rule which would know no limits, and one could not imagine where the line would be drawn."[3]

Women who are fighting this need to emphasis the issue of being forced to donate or offer their body and organs against their will, and the right of bodily integrity in general, rather than just the pregnancy angle.

This isn't a " men too " post either. I understand the particular investment women have in this. But the issue is bigger than women needing abortions. Infants circumcised, children forced to have piercings or tattoos, semen being stolen, amongst an entire list of other bullshit. The general right of bodily integrity is a big deal, and if you push that one part, abortion will follow suit with the rest because it logically follows. The movement would also gain more support since it would become more inclusive and become more than just a women's health issue, without needing to detract from women's health.
Another thread that has turned into an abortion debate.

Fabulous.

I support abortion at all times, I'm not one to place arbitrary restrictions on other people nor do I place any value on a fetus.
The Ice Dervish

Fabulous.

I support abortion at all times, I'm not one to place arbitrary restrictions on other people nor do I place any value on a fetus.

Obsessed aren't we?

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Next time I'm traveling to America I'm gonna have a pregnancy test. Should I live there, I want my tubes tied prior.
I am not a baby factory. I am a human being.

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
nitznitz
Next time I'm traveling to America I'm gonna have a pregnancy test. Should I live there, I want my tubes tied prior.
I am not a baby factory. I am a human being.
The sad thing, women here still have it better than in a lot of places in the world
Yobyaxes R
The Ice Dervish

Fabulous.

Obsessed aren't we?

Could say the same for you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas