Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Reveler

False Dichotomy
Avgvsto
Posties
Avgvsto
False Dichotomy
Abandoning political correctness is political suicide in polls, but I'm unaware of any actual laws in place that restrict individuals into such things.
Yea but I'm also arguing that forced public schooling and gov media funding should be considered treason.
You can take that off the argument, public schooling is an integrated part of democracy.
No it's not especially not forced public schooling. If democratic society wants original ideals and freedom of thought, they can't have credentials for "appropriate thought", especially enforced appropriate thought.
You can always put your child in a private school.
But not only is it expensive for almost everyone but it is also too expensive for a lot of people. Besides why should you have to pay for school twice. If they are going to tax for education it should fund all education.

Dapper Reveler

HeIIraiser

I find school or any form of organized funding as you said, is like indoctrination.
If you really think about it.
My dad likes to call it, "The entrance fee into their society."

Dapper Reveler

HeIIraiser

Then again my philosophy is that not enough people are taught their rights to be able to know that they have them.
Especially in public schools, when we are children we only learn what we are taught, I think that this is what our government wants, is to make sure we're oblivious to certain things.

I find school or any form of organized funding as you said, is like indoctrination.
Oh and btw Hell I don't just hate school altogether, well i mean how it currently is yeah it's just our slave drivers and their whips of accrediting, we're just doing it wrong. There are some reasonable solutions and i am a big fan of Friedman's concepts. In fact Education might be one of the most important things we can have as a society which is exactly why it shouldn't be influenced too publicly.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Avgvsto
HeIIraiser

Then again my philosophy is that not enough people are taught their rights to be able to know that they have them.
Especially in public schools, when we are children we only learn what we are taught, I think that this is what our government wants, is to make sure we're oblivious to certain things.

Oh and btw Hell I don't just hate school altogether, well i mean how it currently is yeah it's just our slave drivers and their whips of accrediting, we're just doing it wrong. There are some reasonable solutions and i am a big fan of Friedman's concepts. In fact Education might be one of the most important things we can have as a society which is exactly why it shouldn't be influenced too publicly.

I actually like that concept I'm also a fan of the Socratic method of learning.

Dapper Reveler

HeIIraiser
Avgvsto
HeIIraiser

That's just how i talk usually. Now that i think of it Socrates seems like he'd be kind of annoying just like me.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Avgvsto
HeIIraiser
Avgvsto
HeIIraiser

That's just how i talk usually. Now that i think of it Socrates seems like he'd be kind of annoying just like me.

Haha.
He was probably disliked a lot by other other men in togas.

Dapper Reveler

HeIIraiser
Avgvsto
HeIIraiser
Avgvsto
HeIIraiser

Haha.
You know they ended up killing him right?

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Avgvsto
HeIIraiser
Avgvsto
HeIIraiser
Avgvsto
HeIIraiser

Haha.
You know they ended up killing him right?

LOL No.
But wow.

XD

Buggy Mage

The Government certainly should not monitor our speech. That seems like it would be an over reach of their authority. We should realized that free speech for one means free speech for all. It's a double edged sword but its well worth it in my opinion. The world shouldn't be forced to play nice, they should choose to do so because it's what they honesty want out of their society. That is the only way a meaningful change can happen in society.
As for political correctness, we really should stop trying to block out all possibility of being offended. We should try to focus more on fading out offense with positive energy that over whelms the negative.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff