Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have noticed something kind of distrubing lately in my debates, and reading about the protests in american and in the middle east. To keep it short and sweet, middle eastern police shoot at and beat on armed citizens, it's seen as an abuse.
American police shoot at and injure american citizens who are NOT armed, and it's the unarmed protesters who are seen as the bad guys.

I can't wrap my mind around this...."oh, they should expect it for civil disobedience"..."they were asked to leave"...they threw bottles".

Maybe so, but does that justify bashing someone multiple times with a lead-filled cane (aka a police baton), shooting people in the head, stepping/kneeling on the windpipe of people, throwing people around like ragdolls, and just generaly trying to hurt anyone and everyone?

Can someone explain to me how this is not only judtified,
but why it's seen by some people as the fault of the OWS protesters?

tl:dr- why is the general concensus that the OWS protesters deserve to be beaten, bloodied, and maimed with zero police repercussion?

Aged Genius

******** people. Anyone who says that it's okay to assault anyone at all is wrong. It's always wrong.

/thread
The American protesters are trying to be clever and the state is not; in the Middle East both parties are satisfied to not be.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
This is why I advocate use of Second Amendment rights. The pigs would think twice if they knew We the People were armed to the teeth.

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Yami no Hitokiri
This is why I advocate use of Second Amendment rights. The pigs would think twice if they knew We the People were armed to the teeth.

HA! It is because we have weapons that we are a threat. Every time a cop pulls someone over there is that chance that they'll be shot in the face, even for routine traffic violations. Every encounter is life-threatening. It's no wonder that they get jumpy.

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Yuki the Third
I have noticed something kind of distrubing lately in my debates, and reading about the protests in american and in the middle east. To keep it short and sweet, middle eastern police shoot at and beat on armed citizens, it's seen as an abuse.
American police shoot at and injure american citizens who are NOT armed, and it's the unarmed protesters who are seen as the bad guys.

I can't wrap my mind around this...."oh, they should expect it for civil disobedience"..."they were asked to leave"...they threw bottles".

Maybe so, but does that justify bashing someone multiple times with a lead-filled cane (aka a police baton), shooting people in the head, stepping/kneeling on the windpipe of people, throwing people around like ragdolls, and just generaly trying to hurt anyone and everyone?

Can someone explain to me how this is not only judtified,
but why it's seen by some people as the fault of the OWS protesters?

tl:dr- why is the general concensus that the OWS protesters deserve to be beaten, bloodied, and maimed with zero police repercussion?

I've seen those "police brutality" videos and I see the police trying to maintain order during a riot. Any time a police officer fires their gun they have a stack of paperwork to do for each and every bullet. Police are constantly being judged for using any force, even when they have guns pointed in their face and their lives threatened.

In the middle east if you're arrested, chances are you're going to die. Here resisting arrest is the only thing that will get you man-handled and that's just because the cops can't stand around all day watching you be drunk and high.
The media likes to reserve the title of victims to lily white virgins.
Moratuoa

There has to be some advantage to not getting any.
CH1YO
Moratuoa

Maybe someday people can scan their V-Card and get discounts for gas and chips at the store.
Moratuoa
CH1YO
Moratuoa

Maybe someday people can scan their V-Card and get discounts for gas and chips at the store.

Will they have to be bought together?
CH1YO
Moratuoa
CH1YO
Moratuoa

I suppose you could argue that the purchase of one creates the other.

But to answer your actual question, no.
Moratuoa
CH1YO
Moratuoa
CH1YO
Moratuoa

I suppose you could argue that the purchase of one creates the other.

But to answer your actual question, no.

Thank goodness for that, they sound a noxious combination.
Not to mention censorship and cutting of network. For example, there were huge outcries when Egypt (I think it was Egypt?) cut off it's internet connection to stop riots, but when America did the same in the Bay Area to stop a riot, it was just something they did and no big whoop. Sure, there were some complaints, but the outcry wasn't half as big

3,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
CH1YO
The American protesters are trying to be clever and the state is not; in the Middle East both parties are satisfied to not be.

The state uses undercover officers aka provocateurs to make the crowd of protestors into doing something wrong and disrupt any potential peaceful protest.

Cops are scrum. They're defending the rich and pissing on the poor.

Fashionable Fatcat

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Mannequin Harpsichord
Yami no Hitokiri

HA! It is because we have weapons that we are a threat. Every time a cop pulls someone over there is that chance that they'll be shot in the face, even for routine traffic violations. Every encounter is life-threatening. It's no wonder that they get jumpy.
The police are in dire need of respect lessons. We'd have less dead cops if they didn't try to shove their d**k in everyone's business trying to act like they're judge dredd.

I was reading about a cop who was shot and killed in a marijuana "raid". All I can imagine is a couple of patrol officers kicking open a door acting like swat when they find out their arrest warrent is for a Veteran fresh out of Iraq packing an assault rifle. Maybe they shouldn't have been behaving like a pack of ******** cocksucking gangbangers?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff