Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroic Hero

Arcoon Effox
Bogotanian
So if this is a real life situation, when does the Pocahantas girl get smallpox?
Since this is a "Pocahontas + 50 Shades" scenario, smallpox isn't likely the thing she should be concerned with catching... just as he should be worried about catching some prison time. If memory serves, wasn't she only like 14?

Lol yeah something like that

Also... is Pocahantas a thing or something? A girl meeting a guy from a different place is a Pocahantas scenario? People say that?

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Bogotanian]...is Pocahontas a thing or something? A girl meeting a guy from a different place is a Pocahantas scenario? People say
slodl0tr:0="Bogotanian]...is Pocahontas a thing or something? A girl meeting a guy from a different place is a Pocahantas scenario? People say that?
I've never heard it used to describe such a thing, which is why it's confusing that the OP used her name to describe the situation.
i would tell the girl to visit with a round trip ticket, and probably bring someone along or stay in constant contact, in case it turns out to be a serial killer. test the waters, don't just up and drop everything. If the person really wants the girl, they will wait and do the guided tour. otherwise it just sounds like some slave crap waiting to happen.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Liliahna
The situation: A girl meets a guy from a long distance away. He is visiting the area working on a project for his business. They begin to spend a lot of time together. Get along and feeling begin to come into play. He wants her to drop everything and come with him. Her back-end job, friends, and family and not to mention her lifestyle would be dramatically effected.

In your oppinion what should this girl do?

The possibilities: He could be lying to her about everything that he has told her and his life is much different than what he revealed to her. He could be some super crazy psycho.

OR

He could be telling the truth. His feelings are real and all he wants is this woman to be with him to continue the happiness that they have found in the time that they have spent together.

Keep in mind!
Both parties in this situation are adults

The answer is no. From the sound of it, they haven't known each other very long. If he wants to make that big of a commitment that fast, he lacks the competence to make it at all. You should find that worrying.

Especially the fact that you compare the relationship with 50 Shades and Pocahontas, both of which had a power imbalance in the ship. That's a tad creepy.

Dapper Reveler

the reverend silver
Avgvsto
The guy should ask her fathers hand.
do wot m8
How is doing some gay s**t with her dad gonna help
You're not supposed to just court a single person. You're supposed to be a benefit to the whole family.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Chahklet
Why the ******** does she have to be the one to give up everything?

Because that's the way the ******** scenario was written. You don't like it, write your own damn scenario and stop whining.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Avgvsto
the reverend silver
Avgvsto
do wot m8
You're not supposed to just court a single person. You're supposed to be a benefit to the whole family.

Yeah, no.

Dapper Reveler

toasega
Avgvsto
the reverend silver
Avgvsto
do wot m8

Yeah, no.

Tipsy Smoker

toasega
Chahklet

Because that's the way the ******** scenario was written. You don't like it, write your own damn scenario and stop whining.
You're completely clueless as the poster was giving a hypothetical scenario and that's what I was commenting on. So either you have some weird post stalking crush on me or you're ******** retarded.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Chahklet
toasega
Chahklet

You're completely clueless as the poster was giving a hypothetical scenario and that's what I was commenting on. So either you have some weird post stalking crush on me or you're ******** retarded.

Neither, actually. And yes, I realize the post was hypothetical, you idiot, which is all the more reason I said what I did.

And the reason I appear to post on your comments (which is actually quite rare, as you're the one who seems to stalk all of MY threads) is because every time I see you, you're calling someone retarded or basically cursing them out (without any real justification), simply because whatever they're saying or doing does not agree with you in some way.

Tipsy Smoker

toasega
Chahklet
toasega
Chahklet

Neither, actually. And yes, I realize the post was hypothetical, you idiot, which is all the more reason I said what I did.

And the reason I appear to post on your comments (which is actually quite rare, as you're the one who seems to stalk all of MY threads) is because every time I see you, you're calling someone retarded or basically cursing them out (without any real justification), simply because whatever they're saying or doing does not agree with you in some way.
Now where did I call the orginal poster retarded or call them out? The original question was hypothetical so I asked a reasonable question, like duh. She isn't exactly asking for the story's ending.

Fashionable Nymph

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
sitting cow
i guess it depends on how long you know a person but even then sometimes there will be a falling out of friends after years spent together

or people will get divorced after years of being together

etc

just because someone changes into a psycho and you have to drop them, doesn't mean they were once a good friend. s**t happens.

and also what does this have to do with pohcahontas/shades of gray? lol...
lol she's white. He's mexican. And also both situation. Boy meets girl. Fall in love. Things get cray.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff