Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have often pondered my thoughts about the government, its obvious that a perfect government doesnt exist, and most likely never will, but what in your opinion do you the fine (mostly, some people can be shall we say malcontents) people of gaia think would be the perfect or at least closest to perfect government, in your opinion?
Anarchy, if it was possible.
i think the ancient romans had the right idea before they had absolute emporors
possibly communism...if it was done the way it was intended..but that probably wont happen..

to the other guy...Anarchy will never work..somone will step up and be leader..It is human nature
shinobi_hunter

Many liberals like myself hope that an anarchist government would work in the future. However, right now that is an impossibility. But a world where everyone can get along with out government in a PACIFIST ANARCHIST rather than an anarchocapitolist or anarcho communist idea would be perfect.

Right now, i hold my ideals true. Green Party! We can fix america!

*tumble weed roles by*
Libertarian style.... as little as possible... goverment just screws up a lot of things and makes life needlessly complicated and hard.

Just enough to protect us and insure are rights are kept safe.
shinobi_hunter

Just wondering, Do you think anarchy will ever be possible?
Comunisim: good in theory, crud in practice.
Anarchy: crud in theory, crud in practice.
Democracy: excellent in theory, leaves most disatisfied.
Facism: good in theory, crud in practice.
I don't believe a perfect government exists. But a democracy is better than none. Since I think humans are not perfect anything we do will never be perfect either. Therefore humans cannot create a perfect government. My belief in God is what makes me believe that the perfect world will only come about after he returns again to set up his kingdom on earth, and that will be perfect.
Ritual_Mast
Comunisim: good in theory, crud in practice.
Anarchy: crud in theory, crud in practice.
Democracy: excellent in theory, leaves most disatisfied.
Facism: good in theory, crud in practice.

*nods*
Any form of totalitarianism is a crime against humanity.

The perfect government isn't, in fact, a government - it's a 'protectorate', though not in the literal sense of the word. It doesn't govern, it protects.
I once, Heard the saying that Democracy is nothing but fascism with a twist, your thoughts?
Vash262
I once, Heard the saying that Democracy is nothing but fascism with a twist, your thoughts?
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute
conversation with the average voter." -- Winston Churchill
"Democracy inevitably leads to tyranny." -Plato

There is no such thing as a perfect government, and I don't think anything ever will come close. Humans are inherently imperfect, and because they are the ones that form governments, asking for a perfect government is asking for something that is not human.

As for democracy, there has never been a real democracy in practice. Even James Madison, a Founding Father, said that he didn't want a democracy in the States. Convenient that we're a republic, huh?
Kirkus Maximus
Vash262
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute
conversation with the average voter." -- Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill roxorx my boxorz.

There is an incredible difference between fascism and democracy. Maybe not in the results, but in the way that those results come about. If you're fascist, you just have to scare the crap out of the people with your army.

If you're democratic, you have to scare them with the threat of someone else's army >.> . And your people have the option to collectively say "no."

I don't think that the American Civil Rights movement would have been possible in a fascist state.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff