Welcome to Gaia! ::

what do you want most from your parents?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 9, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4

Okay, I'm sorry, my mom does not seem to respect me very often as to who the heck I am!

I mean, just the other day in the car, she said "Oh Danielle, I wish you were more girly girl so you could hang out like those girls over there putting on makeup. We'd have so much more in common then."

She hasn't said this only one time, she's said this numerous times over the last four or so years I've lived with her again. I must admit, she's better than my dad, but let me finish.

Trying to talk to her about something philosophical and she just sits there and says school is brainwashing me and I should read the bible more or go to church. I'm sorry, I don't feel brainwashed by school, I don't liet that dictate what I learn, I don't even learn half the stuff I try talking to her about. I try to talk to her about myself, but she often times seems to quickly get bored about talking to me, like she has a hard time relating to me.

I try to get her to teach me to drive, she refuses, and she tells me she is SCARED TO TEACH ME! I'm EIGHTEEN FREAKING YEARS OLD, I don't care if I learn through classes, then she complains she doesn't have the money. I need to learn somehow, and it looks like she'll have to do the teaching unless she can find some other family member willing to teach me.

She constantly complains about how much time I spend on the computer, but does nothing to help allieviate the problem even when I suggest ideas to her. So really, she doesn't do much but complain about me but when I try to offer solutions, she never accepts them, and never comes up with her own.

I could move out...but no, I don't have a job, or a car to get me to said job, or enough money to freaking move out, so I'm sort of stuck here. I'm sorry, I can't stand how my mom treats me, I might be her child, but I don't look at it as her being a good parent, because she isn't a good one.

You know something, my mom makes me do some really odd stuff around the home, I'm greatful she goes and works hard and all, but then, you know, I do chores to help with that, I listen to her b***h, if I decide I have an issue I would like to kinda blow some steam off talking about, she won't listen and will basically tell me to shut up and let her watch a tv show. I also have to rub her feet or pop pimples on her back, and that's not cool to do people, I even put lotion on this woman for her!

One time even, she thought she was gunna die, for WEEKS she complained about it every chance she got and would make you feel guilty and make you do crap. I swear, I did some much stuff for her, cause I felt guilty you know. Does someone deserve to be treated like that? Not really in my opinion...

My dad, he's worse about throwing the bible at you and all, and he's a major control freak over the stupidest things. Before he married my stepmom he was actually a good dad. Get this, I couldn't read Harry Potter, but I had all sorts of fantasy novels and all WAY more dark than HP! It's hilarious really. And get this, I couldn't see Tarzan by Disney one time because Focus on the Family didn't have a review on it in their magazine or online yet! I was gunna go with this Christian family even, so it was laughable really, and pretty darn sad.

*Notes she doesn't like HP very much just for final reference

Also, it is of my belief love and respect must be earned, and both sides have to make an effort, if only one side is making the effort, and the other isn't paying attention, it falls through and the relationship in the end will suck.
Okay, I'm sorry, my mom does not seem to respect me very often as to who the heck I am!

I mean, just the other day in the car, she said "Oh Danielle, I wish you were more girly girl so you could hang out like those girls over there putting on makeup. We'd have so much more in common then."

She hasn't said this only one time, she's said this numerous times over the last four or so years I've lived with her again. I must admit, she's better than my dad, but let me finish.

Trying to talk to her about something philosophical and she just sits there and says school is brainwashing me and I should read the bible more or go to church. I'm sorry, I don't feel brainwashed by school, I don't liet that dictate what I learn, I don't even learn half the stuff I try talking to her about. I try to talk to her about myself, but she often times seems to quickly get bored about talking to me, like she has a hard time relating to me.

I try to get her to teach me to drive, she refuses, and she tells me she is SCARED TO TEACH ME! I'm EIGHTEEN FREAKING YEARS OLD, I don't care if I learn through classes, then she complains she doesn't have the money. I need to learn somehow, and it looks like she'll have to do the teaching unless she can find some other family member willing to teach me.

She constantly complains about how much time I spend on the computer, but does nothing to help allieviate the problem even when I suggest ideas to her. So really, she doesn't do much but complain about me but when I try to offer solutions, she never accepts them, and never comes up with her own.

I could move out...but no, I don't have a job, or a car to get me to said job, or enough money to freaking move out, so I'm sort of stuck here. I'm sorry, I can't stand how my mom treats me, I might be her child, but I don't look at it as her being a good parent, because she isn't a good one.

You know something, my mom makes me do some really odd stuff around the home, I'm greatful she goes and works hard and all, but then, you know, I do chores to help with that, I listen to her b***h, if I decide I have an issue I would like to kinda blow some steam off talking about, she won't listen and will basically tell me to shut up and let her watch a tv show. I also have to rub her feet or pop pimples on her back, and that's not cool to do people, I even put lotion on this woman for her!

One time even, she thought she was gunna die, for WEEKS she complained about it every chance she got and would make you feel guilty and make you do crap. I swear, I did some much stuff for her, cause I felt guilty you know. Does someone deserve to be treated like that? Not really in my opinion...

My dad, he's worse about throwing the bible at you and all, and he's a major control freak over the stupidest things. Before he married my stepmom he was actually a good dad. Get this, I couldn't read Harry Potter, but I had all sorts of fantasy novels and all WAY more dark than HP! It's hilarious really. And get this, I couldn't see Tarzan by Disney one time because Focus on the Family didn't have a review on it in their magazine or online yet! I was gunna go with this Christian family even, so it was laughable really, and pretty darn sad.

Also, it is of my belief love and respect must be earned, and both sides have to make an effort, if only one side is making the effort, and the other isn't paying attention, it falls through and the relationship in the end will suck.
Whos the most controling your MOther Or Your FAther? , i would say my Mother...shes such a controll freak its kinda scarey.
Oh and i rarely get to go out with my friends its ridiculous my mom thinks im going to do drugs or have sex with them, i mean comon im not that kind of person. Its like im imprisond by my own house and my mother as the top security guard.
Angelic_Inuyasha
my mom is a control freak and she doesint like it when i make my own decions! lol what about yours?

my mom too, my dads worse though cuz he hates me. im the only daughter and my dad loves his sons, soooo woot for me
[Kobras Rose]
Angelic_Inuyasha
my mom is a control freak and she doesint like it when i make my own decions! lol what about yours?

my mom too, my dads worse though cuz he hates me. im the only daughter and my dad loves his sons, soooo woot for me

that sux xp
My mom I hate it when she just starts talking and she wont shut up.and she doesnt let me express my opinion.I hate that.i HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK WHAT AND WHEN EVER I WANT,ITS CALL FREE WILL.

And she doesnt understands me.She is alwaya trying to change me.

She doesnt let me be myself.Shes to worry of what the people might think of ******** what the people think,as long as Im happy thats what it counts but she doesnt realize that.
p: Wohoo for the adopteds here.

Lets see.... *this is one of my favorite topics*

My father is an overbearing lunatic who can't stand the thought that I'd rather be an Literary Critical and Researcher specializing in the Homosexual Literary Tradition over being a mindless drong in the US Military whose favorite line at the current moment is, "I'm not spend $12,000 a year for him to go slack off at collage!"

<.< Excuse me while I got vomit in his SUV *cough*environment killer*endcough*. Seriously, does he have any idea how many VOCs he's spitting out at people @_@?

He also has a tendancy to jump in whenever I try to say anything, cutting me off and degrading me and then ranting for hours about how much of a lazy bum I am--nevermind that I taught myself precalculus, latin, and am teaching myself C++... alongside being a straight A student and the first chair Tuba in the Bellevue West Wind Ensemble--and then he gets angry when I interrupt him back to defend myself.

<_< stupids...

Mother isn't quite as bad, although she goes off on me for something called an "irate tone" and for being too "intense." At times it's almost as if she wants me to be a mindless drone, just like father. She also holds that adults have some special "right," although she never specifies what it is. Sounds like "the right to be assholes" to me.
Leilee

very explicit
why are we here agian... oh hello everyone lol um yes just read my previous posts i like to keep things PG-13 so i wont write too much on what my parents used to do * shivers*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff