Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Fairy

So apparently:

"Do not confuse pansexuality with bisexuality" =/= "EVERYONE SHOULD BE PANSEXUAL! BECOME PANSEXUAL NOW!"

Seems legit.

Darkesu's Darling

Who says that you can't admire someone's body just because you're pansexual? I don't get what you're trying to say.
Carehh

They claim to love someone for who they are, instead of their gender. That's really nice and all, but when you're constantly saying "that girl has nice tits", or "that guy is so hot"... What?
You just told me you love people for who they are, no matter what their gender. So after saying this, you're going to proceed to point out a person's specific body parts to their gender.

Exactly. Once someone asked me if they might be pan-sexual just because they were more attracted toward personality. Yet I explained to him that if he was truly pan-sexual, than someone like 300 pounds wouldn't be a dating taboo for him.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
silverbird6
dolly milk
silverbird6
like i said, not into it ^^; you aren't convincing me to change my sexuality xP

Who said I was trying to convince people to change their sexuality? I am simply explaining to you the concept of pansexuality and how it is different from bisexuality, therefore not to be confused with it. Educating those who do not understand is not equivalent to "convincing" them to do something.
a preacher would make the same argument while talking about god, and reciting passages from the bible haha >w<
but yes, i know pansexuals are people who accept those whom i refer to as freaks of nature >w>
thats all i need to know now >w< hope you enjoy opening your body up to weirdos e.e
You're kind of an idiot aren't you?

Shy Fairy

frozen_water

"Kind of" is a severe understatement.
Carehh
So here's a bit of a rant on Pansexuality.
They claim to love someone for who they are, instead of their gender. That's really nice and all, but when you're constantly saying "that girl has nice tits", or "that guy is so hot"... What?
You just told me you love people for who they are, no matter what their gender. So after saying this, you're going to proceed to point out a person's specific body parts to their gender.

Maybe I'm just interpreting this the wrong way?
Yeah, carry on.

Well, people are still allowed to have things they like. I have an equal chance of being attracted to anyone regardless of gender identity, but I can still go out and admire the subtle beauties of nature. lol. Being pansexual doesn't mean that you don't find certain qualities of a person attractive, it just means the attraction is not based on gender identity.

The difference is in the wording. Bisexuality recognizes the gender binary, which is arguable that a person can physically only be one gender. If you feel like you are one gender in the other gender's body, you get a gender change, you still have a physical gender. Most hermaphrodites will even be given a primary gender at birth and grow up to have a single gender like everyone else.
Where gender identification steps in, is concerning people, like myself, who identify as genderqueer (neither male nor female, both male and female, gender fluid, third-gendered, etc.) Bisexual...in an indirect way is a bit disrespectful to people who identify as genderqueer, because it does not recognize people who identify as something outside that binary. However, the most important thing I've noticed about it is how a person looks at gender. A person who holds physical gender to be absolute regardless of gender identity will usually not understand or accept the idea of pansexuality. A person who believes gender identity is more important will generally recognize pansexuality due to the fact that gender identity is not a binary.

Sorry if I rambled, hard to think with your 26 year old fiance wrestling with a stuffed tiger next to you...

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
frozen_water
silverbird6
dolly milk
silverbird6
like i said, not into it ^^; you aren't convincing me to change my sexuality xP

Who said I was trying to convince people to change their sexuality? I am simply explaining to you the concept of pansexuality and how it is different from bisexuality, therefore not to be confused with it. Educating those who do not understand is not equivalent to "convincing" them to do something.
a preacher would make the same argument while talking about god, and reciting passages from the bible haha >w<
but yes, i know pansexuals are people who accept those whom i refer to as freaks of nature >w>
thats all i need to know now >w< hope you enjoy opening your body up to weirdos e.e
in this thread i was lol

Tipsy Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
i used to think i was a pansexual until i realized i had physical attractions to people. i mean, not necessarily their bodies but also their faces. so i found it.. outdated.

I also can't stand people who insist they're pansexual and use it as an excuse to act too close to all kinds of people around us.
Carehh
So here's a bit of a rant on Pansexuality.
Note: I'm not homophobic. I'm just annoyed by hypocrisy.

Pansexual: Pansexual refers to someone who is attracted to other people regardless of their gender.

Pansexual: Some one who doesn't care what gender people are, or what they define themselves as.

Alright, so you get the idea.
Pansexuals kinda come across as people who refuse to follow the in crowd of being full out gay/lesbian, or bisexual.
My opinion, it's just another term for bisexual.
I've had far too many pansexuals yell at me for saying that, so here's my logic.

Maybe I'm just interpreting this the wrong way?
Yeah, carry on.

No, that sounds about right.

So here's where I'm coming from:

I'm bisexual but people who are pan try to lump me in with pansexuals because I'm both with a transsexual and I'm attracted to transsexual men and women (as well as men and women who are not).

Now here's the problem with that. I do not consider transsexual people to be a separate category from people who are not. I've talked to my boyfriend about the whole pan vs bi thing and to him someone calling themselves pan is insulting. Quoting him here " Pansexuals often come off like they're doing me a favor because they will date a trans person...as if only someone like that would ever date someone who was trans"

Now, everyone is going to have some sort of different definition about what pan is or what bi is so I'm not saying that I'm going to automatically hate on every person that says they're pan.

My personal definition of Bi is that you like both men and women....that includes men and women that happen to also be transsexual. So now what we're REALLY getting into is...what features do you like in a person? NOT what "sex" they are or arnt.

I hate when people who claim to be pan take the stance of being higher than thou when really we're just getting down to looks.

I can like or dislike whoever based on how they look....and I dont even want to hear that BS about "oh but...but I just like people based on personality" we're all humans here, everyone has a "type" that draws their attention more than others (weather you want to admit it or not).

Also...I'll go ahead and say this : My orientation isnt about who I get along with. It's about WHO I'D SLEEP WITH. That's why it's called your "sexual orientation"...as in what you find sexually attractive.

The only answers you need to ask are

1) would you sleep with someone with a v****a?
2) would you sleep with someone with a p***s?

and it's ok if you're not attracted to whoever. It's ok if you say ...well yeah I'd sleep with that guy there....but not that guy...because I dont like the second guy's looks.

This also includes the genitals. Some people might be attracted to women, but not attracted to a woman who also has a p***s.....and that's ok...you just like what you like and vise versa.

Now I know someone will be just dying to bring up the whole "intersexed" thing ....alright, well for that it's pretty much the same thing. Usually someone who is intersexed will present as male or female. If they present as androgynous and you're attracted to that look...go for it. Well I dunno what I'd call myself if I just liked androgynous people...???

so..I'm going to go ahead and piss some people off here, that's fine.

In order to be transsexual (which is categorized as a medical condition and has a treatment plan that goes along with it) you must have dysphoria (dysphoric episodes) and the treatment for this is counseling, hormones, & surgery (if desired).

androgynous people are still men or women. thank you for being accepting enough to not think that being a "man" or being a "woman" is based off of stereotypes. people who are "androgynous" are not truely this, but are wearing clothes/acting a certain way that gives the impression of neither being a male or a female because this is the style that they like and that's fine.

That's all I got for now, it's late...and I'm sure I'll ruffle enough feathers with just the first bit I wrote so I'll leave it at this.

Just like what you like and dont act like a "special snowflake" about it.....as long as you can follow that, I'm totally cool with whatever you want to do as long as you arnt hurting anyone without their consent. A lot of other people probably feel the same way.
To be frank, my genitals, orientation, and where (or if) I fall on the gender binary are not relevant, so I wont give you that platform to judge my words. Pansexuals are just like any other people. They find their deepest attractions to be multi-faceted. From what I understand, they lack judgement of other people's values, beliefs, personalities, skill set, or gender in relation to their genitals.

This does not mean that they do not have preferences, and it does not mean that they are looking down on you because of your biologically functioned preferences.

Shy Fairy

Why is this even a topic that's being argued on?
Are we really resorting back to the stone ages of discriminating against people's sexuality?

Come on. I thought you people were better than that.

Hilarious Prophet

Whatever floats your gonads.

Tipsy Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
dolly milk
Why is this even a topic that's being argued on?
Are we really resorting back to the stone ages of discriminating against people's sexuality?

Come on. I thought you people were better than that.

Let's just go with there's a good kind and a bad kind of every sexuality out there.
That's my belief.

For example, a loyal and caring homosexul is better than an abusive and dishonest straight. Or vice versa. Unlimited possibilities really.

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
Pansexual: "I was pansexual before it was cool."

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
Raspberry Flavored Milk
We Are Organisms
Trigr Warning
Pansexuals reject the idea of a gender binary that is proposed by terms like "bisexual."

Gender isn't a checklist; you don't pick the one that fits you best.

It's a sliding scale.

Pansexuals are open to any part of the scale.

and all the way to one end of the scale is heterosexual
what else would I call it?
99% straight? lol

Gender scale = sexuality scale? confused

Actually the two "scales" are different

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items