Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Girl

frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
Pansexual seems to be more about a statement than a sexuality.
[Skeptical]

Anything that's different from the norm is usually said to be.

That does not mean it is.
If I'm bisexual I like both genders, If I pansexual I like both genders, but don't want to recognize them as respectively different genders and instead want to assert my attraction is not based on such labels.

Really they like the same thing, one just wants to separated so that their "sexuality" is not defined by attraction to any gender. Hence the statement thing.
[Informative]

You're ignoring the rest of the gamut of identities. Bisexuality exists only in a ciscentric paradigm.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
[Skeptical]

If I'm bisexual I like both genders, If I pansexual I like both genders, but don't want to recognize them as respectively different genders and instead want to assert my attraction is not based on such labels.

Really they like the same thing, one just wants to separated so that their "sexuality" is not defined by attraction to any gender. Hence the statement thing.
[Informative]

You're ignoring the rest of the gamut of identities. Bisexuality exists only in a ciscentric paradigm.
Of the bisexuals I've interacted with they used the term to show attraction to both sexes not make distinction between genders.

This is not to say that all bisexuals are attracted to all genders, but there is sizable room for overlap which seems to indicate not a different sexuality, but a subdivision of bisexuality with an emphasis on making the point that one does not recognize gender boundaries.

Magical Girl

frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
[Skeptical]

[Informative]

Of the bisexuals I've interacted with they used the term to show attraction to both sexes not make distinction between genders.

This is not to say that all bisexuals are attracted to all genders, but there is sizable room for overlap which seems to indicate not a different sexuality, but a subdivision of bisexuality with an emphasis on making the point that one does not recognize gender boundaries.
Bisexuality is by its very name ciscentric. There can be no subdivisions, as they would undermine the bi part.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
[Skeptical]

[Informative]

Bisexuality is by its very name ciscentric. There can be no subdivisions, as they would undermine the bi part.
I'll be honest with you, I don't know what ciscentric means, and it seams to be missing from my dictionaries.

But, I'll go ahead and venture a response because I feel rather certain the meaning doesn't matter. Bisexuality as a term is based off of the understanding of two primary sexes (which I'm sure we can all agree do exist, with rare exceptions caused by specific mutations) so the term is derived from this understanding, not some intention of limiting the sexuality to only two options.

So the bi part of bi sexuality is not to indicate the liking of only two sexes, but to deviate from heterosexuality and include both primary sexes rather than focusing on one. So adding a sub division would not undermine bisexuality at all.

Hallowed Smoker

frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
[Skeptical]

If your pansexual you like both genders, animals, aliens, cartoons, trannies, and everything else under the sun

Goddamn, how hard is that to understand? They like everything, because they don't have a sexual preference besides "everything"
Bisexuals like typical males, typical females. That's all.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Mister George Kapland
frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
[Skeptical]

If your pansexual you like both genders, animals, aliens, cartoons, trannies, and everything else under the sun

Goddamn, how hard is that to understand? They like everything, because they don't have a sexual preference besides "everything"
I've never heard it used outside the context of people, and the only official definition of the word I was able to find limit the term to just sexual activities, not even orientation.

Hallowed Smoker

frozen_water
Mister George Kapland
frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
[Skeptical]

I've never heard it used outside the context of people, and the only official definition of the word I was able to find limit the term to just sexual activities, not even orientation.

Pan means "all", they are literally ALL sexualities.

Shy Fairy

Looks like we got some serious ******** retards up in this joint.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hallowed Hunter

All these ******** labels are starting to piss me off. Screw whoever the ******** you want, just stop using sexuality as a fashion statement.
I refer to myself as IDGAF-sexual.
Because IDGAF. If you're pretty, sane, and will love me back, I"ll love you.
Carehh
So here's a bit of a rant on Pansexuality.
Note: I'm not homophobic. I'm just annoyed by hypocrisy.

Pansexual: Pansexual refers to someone who is attracted to other people regardless of their gender.

Pansexual: Some one who doesn't care what gender people are, or what they define themselves as.

Alright, so you get the idea.
Pansexuals kinda come across as people who refuse to follow the in crowd of being full out gay/lesbian, or bisexual.
My opinion, it's just another term for bisexual.
I've had far too many pansexuals yell at me for saying that, so here's my logic.

They claim to love someone for who they are, instead of their gender. That's really nice and all, but when you're constantly saying "that girl has nice tits", or "that guy is so hot"... What?
You just told me you love people for who they are, no matter what their gender. So after saying this, you're going to proceed to point out a person's specific body parts to their gender.

Maybe I'm just interpreting this the wrong way?
Yeah, carry on.

You are misinterpreting this.
Been genderblind doesn't mean they have no preferance in physical attraction. It just mean that whatever preferance in physical attraction they have, it will not affect their choice in a partner.

Been pansexual mostly mean you'll jump over the whole physical attraction part.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
pansexuality dont real here, either.

asexual, heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual.

ill believe that theres any reason to combat the assumed "gender binary" other than to jerk yourself off over how culturally tolerant and progressive you are when pokemon gives me an "other" option and i can say im a genderfluid transfat leopardkin.

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
ill agree that if you like any part of a man or woman, as a pansexual, that you're being a hypocrit
that being said, if you'll date a 500lb obese rolly-poly (or just someone who's butt-ugly) for "who they are" then you're truely a pansexual
as material as i am, i think that pansexuality is really really stupid.....
BUT there are some people out there that say "i dont care how you look, i like you for who you are"
whether or not they're lying....well, next time someone says that to you send them the ugliest picture you can find and see how many are actually lying to themselves, as well as you

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Avgvsto
To me, pansexuality means that you're just willing to accept anything someone else calls attractive. I'm pretty sure most smart people don't really believe in gender. I just also don't like the idea that I can't love someone cause I don't really want to put things in them.

What exactly are you defining gender here?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
If pansexuality means loving anything and everything, I feel as though there are not enough of them to make it worth mentioning

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff