Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Consumer

Trigr Warning
We Are Organisms
Trigr Warning
We Are Organisms
Trigr Warning
Pansexuals reject the idea of a gender binary that is proposed by terms like "bisexual."

Gender isn't a checklist; you don't pick the one that fits you best.

It's a sliding scale.

Pansexuals are open to any part of the scale.

and all the way to one end of the scale is heterosexual
what else would I call it?
99% straight? lol

Look up the "Kinsey Scale."
I already generally know what it is, I just mean there are words for a reason and anybody could make a scale doesnt mean it should be used and is somehow better than the lables society invented. We have alot of words for sexuality.

What I'm saying is that the fact that it would be impossible to have a word for every point along the scale

is a reason to not really use labels. I don't like them.
all words are labels technically
We Are Organisms
Trigr Warning
We Are Organisms
Trigr Warning
We Are Organisms
Trigr Warning
Pansexuals reject the idea of a gender binary that is proposed by terms like "bisexual."

Gender isn't a checklist; you don't pick the one that fits you best.

It's a sliding scale.

Pansexuals are open to any part of the scale.

and all the way to one end of the scale is heterosexual
what else would I call it?
99% straight? lol

I already generally know what it is, I just mean there are words for a reason and anybody could make a scale doesnt mean it should be used and is somehow better than the lables society invented. We have alot of words for sexuality.

What I'm saying is that the fact that it would be impossible to have a word for every point along the scale

Except for "not a label." By definition, not a label.

Greedy Consumer

Trigr Warning
We Are Organisms
Trigr Warning
We Are Organisms
Trigr Warning

Except for "not a label." By definition, not a label.
It is labeling an object as not a label. Just like homosexuals are not heterosexuals but they are both sexual.

Dapper Dabbler

I pretty much agree with you, it just seems so...snooty.
Like, oh you're gay, well I'm PANSEXUAL. Like my big word?
I identify as bisexual, but really, I wouldn't care if they were a boy with lady parts and vice-versa.
I dunno.
******** whomever you want to, really.
No judgement.

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
I'm bisexual. I like men and women equally, but I do not find anything outside of cisgendered people attractive.
I assume pansexual is without those 'restrictions'. Though I have met some bisexuals who are attracted to trans people.
I just assume the definition / practice is more along the lines of pansexuals having a romantic preference
to people, while bisexual is a sexual/physical preference. But that's just my personal observation. User Image

Dapper Reveler

To me, pansexuality means that you're just willing to accept anything someone else calls attractive. I'm pretty sure most smart people don't really believe in gender. I just also don't like the idea that I can't love someone cause I don't really want to put things in them.
I think it's a complex issue that needs to be simplified.

Do you sleep with someone/become attracted to them because they are male or female?

Or do you sleep with someone because they are attractive?

What is sexual attraction? the desire to breed? The desire to reach orgasm? The desire for reproductive organ stimulation?

I think most people desire orgasm more than organ stimulation, and the remainder want kids or favors, such as prostitutes, strippers, and people who whore themselves out for power.

I am attracted to attractive people, and unattracted to those who are not, but I only desire to sleep with my spouse. It's a simple decision. If you need opiates so bad, you need to go speak with your local chocolateer, not a therapist.

Familiar Genius

I'd say Pansexual means you're attracted to personalities, not the physical form of human beings.

Shy Fairy

Why is this such a difficult ******** concept for people to comprehend?

Hallowed Smoker

PikachuBaller
I pretty much agree with you, it just seems so...snooty.
Like, oh you're gay, well I'm PANSEXUAL. Like my big word?
I identify as bisexual, but really, I wouldn't care if they were a boy with lady parts and vice-versa.
I dunno.
******** whomever you want to, really.
No judgement.

Pan sexuals are into anything and everything. Men, women, wolfmen, aliens

Tipsy Explorer

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Maybe people should stop defining labels for their sexuality and actually talk about their sexuality. Everyone's is different and no label will cover it all.

Not saying that labels aren't good to use. They're like a quick summary of your basic sexual preferences, to be used in passing. But they should open up further conversation about a persons sexuality, not just blanket over everything you're interested in. Whether you want to have sex with them or not (or vice versa), people should be able to have conversations about their sexuality and be open about it.

For me pansexuality is the label that I identify with most because of the general notion:
"Gender? IDGAF!"

But that says very little about my sexuality as a whole. Do I like girls better? Do I only like MTF girls? Do I like mostly guys but am open to everything else?
You don't know until you ask me.

Darkesu's Darling

I've found out that pansexuals have a tendency to show more signs of attention cravings than non pansexuals. I'll keep you up to date.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Pansexual seems to be more about a statement than a sexuality.

Magical Girl

frozen_water
[Skeptical]

Anything that's different from the norm is usually said to be.

That does not mean it is.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
[Skeptical]

Anything that's different from the norm is usually said to be.

That does not mean it is.
If I'm bisexual I like both genders, If I pansexual I like both genders, but don't want to recognize them as respectively different genders and instead want to assert my attraction is not based on such labels.

Really they like the same thing, one just wants to separated so that their "sexuality" is not defined by attraction to any gender. Hence the statement thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff