-

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
olivebrown
When you hear/see that word, what comes to mind?
Feel free to get deep, or be as vague as you'd like.
A crab.
Arcoon Effox
olivebrown
A crab.

I was seriously hoping someone would say this.
When I hear/see that word, it brings to mind the grandmother I never got to meet because she died from breast cancer. Also I think about the increasing incidence of cancer in people due to bad genes, mutagens in the environment, and poor diet and health.
Lady Kariel
When I hear/see that word, it brings to mind the grandmother I never got to meet because she died from breast cancer. Also I think about the increasing incidence of cancer in people due to bad genes, mutagens in the environment, and poor diet and health.

My grandmother is currently battling bone cancer, and she is actually winning the fight.
My good friend's mother just passed less than a week ago to lung cancer, total bummer.
I feel like there is a cure out there, but the government is holding back on it.
Thoughts on that?
olivebrown
Lady Kariel

My grandmother is currently battling bone cancer, and she is actually winning the fight.
My good friend's mother just passed less than a week ago to lung cancer, total bummer.
I feel like there is a cure out there, but the government is holding back on it.
Thoughts on that?

I am really glad to hear your grandmother is winning the fight. Sorry to hear about your friend's mum, I hope she passed peacefully. I really can't say whether or not the US gov't is holding back on a cure since I'm not an American citizen but I do know it is immensely difficult to cure cancer because of the nature of cancerous cells. Even if scientists were able to stop one kind of cancer, cancers affect varying parts of the body. For instance, brain cancer is different to skin cancer and cannot be treated the same way. Cancer cells have a way of hiding behind healthy cells and the reason they are so deadly is because they don't go through regular cell cycling. They bypass what is known as the G0 phase of the cell cycle which is when a cell stops dividing and instead replicate quickly consuming all the energy and forming tumors. So while I don't think it's impossible to cure, it is very difficult. Those people undertaking cancer research are really true heroes.
olivebrown
A computer code that people really liked using in their programs until some retarded system glitch made it not work in the way that made them fall in love with it anymore.
I think about a lot of things.

I know quite a lot of people who are battling or have a family member with cancer.

The first time was when i was 17 when the father a one of my best friends died of brain cancer, that was though for me. To the point school gave me a week off so i could support my friend. She took it way better than me back them but the whole thought of it was terrifying.

3 years ago my mom got the diagnosis of breast cancer. Luckily it was early stage and the were able to cure it with chemo and a breast amputation.

Just last April my mother in law also got a cancer diagnosis. Her's is a very rare type which only happen like 10.000 times a year in the Netherlands so that was quite scary. they gave her chemo and radio therapy, and luckily she is one of the 25% of people that can get operated to remove the tumor. But its still can come back and if it does its untreatable.

So yeah i think about a lot of things and have a lot of emotions but in the end where there is light there is darkness.

Especially when its hard you learn how much people really care about each other.

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
4chan is all I think when a title with just that word is in it.

Hilarious Capitalist

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I think about sadness, grieve, weep, family, death, and the fact that I'll never see that person ever again makes me shiver.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

I think that I personally am grateful for the progress they've made in treatment. It wasn't too long ago that to learn you had any type of cancer, was the same as being given a death sentence.

They have a long way to go, but have come a long way.
Emotions.

no really, Cancers are generally known for their emotional state.

then i think about, Libra and how it differs from a cancer.

then i think about different personality traits and how they complement one another.

then i refocus my self and think about the life threatening illness.
Radiation is what comes to mind.

Tipsy Smoker

I don't know many.

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The disease, more than the astrological sign. Long, lingering treatments, suffering and challenges but gradually, more and more survival.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff