Welcome to Gaia! ::

i wanted to know what you think about people who play as their opposite gender. like a guy playing as a female. i have people who think im weird because i like to play as female characters(yes, im a guy). so i wanted to get what you people think about it.
evelyna
i wanted to know what you think about people who play as their opposite gender. like a guy playing as a female. i have people who think im weird because i like to play as female characters(yes, im a guy). so i wanted to get what you people think about it.
There is nothing wrong with that. I do it too. 3nodding
I think they're total poofs, those who think it's weird. I mean if you're stupid enough to trust everything on the internet.. well.. go bugger off.

I'm not a guy but I want to be so I take a male avatar but I haven't had someone call me weird yet.
I dont really care. My friend is a girl and she plays as a guy. i dont really see anything wrong with it.

7,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Frankly, I've roleplayed as men more often than women. I used to do a lot of Harry Potter RPing and I always chose males I really liked. I had several people tell me I did it well enough that no one knew I was a girl.

I don't see any issues to discuss, really. Sometimes, you're just more drawn to a male character than you are to a female.
Freedom of choice I guess. I don't mind if you play the opposite sex, I just mind when you don't tell anyone your playing the opposite sex. (I'm a guy, if you were wondering.)
evelyna

In a role playing environment it can be a test of true skill to play something of a different sex than you. However, it's easy to see how this would carry a stigma in today's society.

Outside of the fantasy world, however, people who 'crossplay' or crossdress and aren't doing it as a joke are moderately interesting, to say the least.
I really don't care.
I just noticed that a lot of people do that, too.

7,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Rith Blade
It's a matter of choice. I personally don't care if you plsy the opposite sex, I just hate it when you don't tell anyone your playing the opposite sex.

Why would it matter, since it's just roleplay?
It's like Piro from Megatokyo~!!! I think it's perfectly ok and normal, although I am a girl.
Well, I'm male in real life and male here, but I do roleplay women from time to time. I find that when someone plays in an opposite gender role the character is more interesting and unique 3nodding
You mean in a roleplaying scenario?

My most used character was female, for the longest time. However, I stick closer to my own gender nowadays, mainly for something refreshing in my roleplay. Still have female characters, of course.

A good writer/roleplayer can be either.
It's different for different sexes, if a woman dresses up like a man, everyone assumes that she's BEING STRONG AND STUFF LIKE THAT. But if a man dresses up like a woman, they beat him up in back alleys. stare
JeuneFille
Rith Blade
It's a matter of choice. I personally don't care if you plsy the opposite sex, I just hate it when you don't tell anyone your playing the opposite sex.

Why would it matter, since it's just roleplay?
Because when guys play girls and role play like guys playing girls, playing girls that play like guys it gets confusing afte awhile. And I have met someone who role plays like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff